Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Merry Christmas everyone!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, it's that day of the year we all wait for with great anticipation..

It's the day that makes even grumpy old men feel like small children, eager to see what Santa has in his sack.

Santa, or Tim Cook as he is otherwise known, will take to the stage of the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park in Cupertino at 6pm BST today, Tuesday, to unveil the greatest phones the world has ever seen (until we do this all again in 2020 anyway).

The iPhone 11 Pro, the iPhone 11 Pro Max and the iPhone 11 are all expected to be revealed and, I'm sure, all manner of surprise goodies.

What are YOU most excited about?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
How long is NSC shutting down for this year?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

It's the day that makes even grumpy old men feel like small children, eager to see what Santa has in his sack.

Santa, or Tim Cook as he is otherwise known, will take to the stage of the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park in Cupertino at 6pm BST today, Tuesday, to unveil the greatest phones the world has ever seen (until we do this all again in 2020 anyway).

The iPhone 11 Pro, the iPhone 11 Pro Max and the iPhone 11 are all expected to be revealed and, I'm sure, all manner of surprise goodies.

People hopefully finally realising that it's just a phone and you don't have to sleep in a doorway just so you can be the first to say look at me.
If you really want one just walk in a day or two later and purchase one or continue to use the perfectly good one you already have.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That video the other year of the goon who'd queued for a week or whatever to be the first to get his iphone, only to get it out of the box in front of a reporter and promptly drop it, cracking the screen....I can't TELL you how happy that made me. It was a true punch-the-air moment. Glorious.

He looked...broken. Whenever I need cheering up, thats my go-to.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Getting rid of this stomach bug.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Very excited for what I'm sure will be fairly minor advancements, but I'll still be upgrading to the biggest screen/storage as usual just because it is enjoyable.

Very smooth process now on the apple store app with the upgrade program, couple of clicks before bed and its sorted.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hoping for news of a next generation SE

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Credit card x 2 obviously.

A pristine one to impress and a sharpened one for luzzing at the Amex.

With their excellent customer service, how many times do you think they will replace a card FoC lost at a football stadium?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Can I still get an iPhone 5S when this one gives up the ghost?

Just. But don’t do any OS updates if you don’t want to install malware provided by Apple that will destroy your battery life and render the device almost completely inoperable through slowness. The fact that they did this in order to generate higher demand for upgrades to a later model iPhone is depressing but not entirely surprising. The fact that they got away without a seriously punitive fine (say $1Bn) is even more depressing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Laughing at those who continue to be mugged-off by the superiority-complex feeding Apple price tariffs.

A new phone every year? Pah! My android is good for 3-4 years and the battery too - they should change the apple logo from a bite out of an apple to a bite out of your wonga ....

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Speaking as an android user, good luck to you but the charging input is bloody useless. I don't know how you can make them last for years. It's the only area where Apple steal a march imho.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Speaking as an android user, good luck to you but the charging input is bloody useless. I don't know how you can make them last for years. It's the only area where Apple steal a march imho.

One rumour ahead of today’s big reveal is that iPhones are moving to USB-C.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here