Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Tried and Trusted Combi Boiler Installerererers

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Any NSC recommendations for the Worthing area?

Hoping to get a quote, then ask Santa for the budget, to replace existing boiler and disconnect/removal of existing water tanks, to a Combi boiler instead.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Charlie did ours and then I had some rabble off here to do my radiators as well.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Any NSC recommendations for the Worthing area?

Hoping to get a quote, then ask Santa for the budget, to replace existing boiler and disconnect/removal of existing water tanks, to a Combi boiler instead.

I actually need this doing as well, word for word! I'd appreciate it if you could let me know how you get on with the famous Charlie. Cheers!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I just had my boiler changed last week. I went on boilerguide.co.uk who sent around 3 local heating engineers. I also had 2 quotes that are friends of friends. I was originally going to change from conventional boiler to combi but after speaking to them all about it and reading on the internet, I decided to stick with conventional boiler as I had no issues with the previous.
The quotes were all pretty similar, £2,100-2,500 to swap existing and £3,000-3,500 to go to combi. These all included a smart thermostat, which is £200-300 of the price. The last one was a friend of a friend and he quoted £1775 for the same thing as there was no mark up on the hardware. Although price was not meant to come into it, it was significantly lower so I went with him and I was very happy with the job. He lives in Hangleton and not sure if he covers Worthing but I can pm his number if you wish.

I hope this helps.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I actually need this doing as well, word for word! I'd appreciate it if you could let me know how you get on with the famous Charlie. Cheers!

I've used Charlie twice thanks to NSC. Boiler replacement and then a gas hob connection. Trust his work, reliability and his pricing.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I use Amrit of AP Gas, Heating and Plumbing because he is the most anal geek plumber I've met, which is a good look where gas is involved.
He doesn't bother with football, but occasionally plays 5 a side, since this is nsc and you may need to weigh that.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I use Amrit of AP Gas, Heating and Plumbing because he is the most anal geek plumber I've met, which is a good look where gas is involved.
He doesn't bother with football, but occasionally plays 5 a side, since this is nsc and you may need to weigh that.

I guess Charlie would go in goal.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

I know Amrit.
He is a bit geeky, but a decent bloke.

Jul 7, 2003
I got a few quotes and we used NJ Lees (www.njlees.co.uk) who were very good and very tidy.

Go for a Worcester Bosch boiler if you can. Ideal ones are cheaper but seem to have more problems.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I just had my boiler changed last week. I went on boilerguide.co.uk who sent around 3 local heating engineers. I also had 2 quotes that are friends of friends. I was originally going to change from conventional boiler to combi but after speaking to them all about it and reading on the internet, I decided to stick with conventional boiler as I had no issues with the previous.
The quotes were all pretty similar, £2,100-2,500 to swap existing and £3,000-3,500 to go to combi. These all included a smart thermostat, which is £200-300 of the price. The last one was a friend of a friend and he quoted £1775 for the same thing as there was no mark up on the hardware. Although price was not meant to come into it, it was significantly lower so I went with him and I was very happy with the job. He lives in Hangleton and not sure if he covers Worthing but I can pm his number if you wish.

I hope this helps.
Another leech site wanting to earn off the back of a tradesman.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here