Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bet 365

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Swings and roundabouts I find.

Cashed out early due to panic and an assessment that although I’m losing out on a 16/1 return, 12/1 is still acceptable and watched the original come in

Also had a few in the past that I’ve cashed out at 70-80% of the pot in the last 5 mins where there’s a single goal in it, in more than 1 game and watched the accum destroy itself in the last 5 minutes.

My approach is literally look at the table and form guide from (live goals app) and if the price is acceptable take it, that simple for me.

I used to work with a guy that did very well, took £14k profit from a £500 pre season credit last season but he did spend about 10 hours a week looking at everything and mean everything (wind speed on teams that play long ball etc!!)

I normally end up £500-£1,200 up over a season which isn’t bad based on the luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think the bookies don't look at the table and the form guide when they set the prices? It's all built into the odds you are taking.

Only about 3% of punters are winners, if you're one of them well done.

But I guarantee not many of the winners ever cash out.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Swings and roundabouts I find.

Cashed out early due to panic and an assessment that although I’m losing out on a 16/1 return, 12/1 is still acceptable and watched the original come in

Also had a few in the past that I’ve cashed out at 70-80% of the pot in the last 5 mins where there’s a single goal in it, in more than 1 game and watched the accum destroy itself in the last 5 minutes.

My approach is literally look at the table and form guide from (live goals app) and if the price is acceptable take it, that simple for me.

I used to work with a guy that did very well, took £14k profit from a £500 pre season credit last season but he did spend about 10 hours a week looking at everything and mean everything (wind speed on teams that play long ball etc!!)

I normally end up £500-£1,200 up over a season which isn’t bad based on the luck

Sorry mate, but i'd say the safest bet on this thread is that you don't make a grand a year gambling

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2018
And the other question for him to consider is how much would he have made if the West Ham game hadn't been on the slip at all. I'm going to guess at least £700

I’ll bring it up with him tomorrow!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
May 8, 2018
You think the bookies don't look at the table and the form guide when they set the prices? It's all built into the odds you are taking.

Only about 3% of punters are winners, if you're one of them well done.

But I guarantee not many of the winners ever cash out.

Of course they do.

I normally place a 3-5/1 bet to cover my weekly stake that comes in 80% of the time. I might not win big even week but I am rarely down so making a small seasonal profit isn’t that difficult.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I’m new to the betting game, it’s never been my thing. But after watching some NSC’ers do very well from matched betting, I’ve finally got my arse into gear and started matched betting a fortnight ago. Very early stages, but so far so good.

Have had two issues with bookies so far, their doing:

1. Betfair - I signed up to their new customer offer, which in effect gives £100 of free sporting back bets, if you wager £250. I found out yesterday that my offer will only give £20 of free bets. I checked carefully throughout signing up. Sly by Betfair imo.

2. Smarkets - they suspended all laying mid PL game, despite initially accepting my bet, there was enough liquidity and I had a large enough balance to meet the laibility. Belatedly post match, it showed my transaction as cancelled. Leaving me with a loss on a back bet elsewhere. The lesson I take from this is that it’s risky backing and laying mid action, so I’ll avoid from now on.

I started back in april. I'm doing pretty well doing just NCO and reload. PM me if you need any help.

Sorry mate, but i'd say the safest bet on this thread is that you don't make a grand a year gambling

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'm over £1.5k in profit in under 6 months. Matched betting isn't gambling. I started with a £50 float to get started. I'm getting to the stage where I'm making £20-£30 a week clear profit.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Very surprised bet365 paid out £40 on a cash out and immediate withdrawal at 3-2 for City/Spurs, before Var chalked it off. They took the balance on the account to -£40 but then back to zero as a gogw

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I started back in april. I'm doing pretty well doing just NCO and reload. PM me if you need any help.

I'm over £1.5k in profit in under 6 months. Matched betting isn't gambling. I started with a £50 float to get started. I'm getting to the stage where I'm making £20-£30 a week clear profit.

I’m really pleased for you mate - know you were taking about things being a bit of a struggle before so this sort of success really made me smile. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Yep

I tried looking to see what cash out might be on offer when Villa went down to 10 men at Palace Saturday.
I had all 4 draws all coming in at the time. Palace went on to score and cost me £450.
What made it worse was that Villa had a perfectly good goal ruled out!!!
I don’t usually cash out but sometimes I bail if the offer looks more favourable than the likely end result. This was one such occasion I probably would have taken it.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I only use B365 for 'watching' matches in play around the world before making trading decisions on Betfair. The graphics are really good, particularly the ball hitting the back of the net! But it's a bit like VAR in that you can't immediately celebrate a successful trade until the match restarts for fear of it being disallowed.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You are losing 10-15% of your expected return every time you cash out.

It's the biggest moneyspinner around for the bookmaker.

Just sit tight and let your bets ride, you'll do better in the long run.

Very rarely do it (twice i think) but had a return of about £300 coming in one week recently from a 5 homes accy who were all well in front and with not long to go was offered a cash out of £295.67 or something absolutely daft, thought for the sake of a £5 i will cash out. Lo and behold someone got two late goals to get a draw which would have ruined the bet. The biggest problem i find is getting a bloody signal at the Amex to have a look.......but yes its a win win vehicle for the bookies, they wouldnt offer it if it wasnt......letting it ride is loads more fun anyway, and if betting isnt fun for you then pack it in.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Cheers [MENTION=20792]spongy[/MENTION] , I’ll take you up on your kind offer when I have my next queries.

I watched from afar on NSC and saw the success stories, then about a year ago thought I must join in, but a major health scare and some dithering meant I delayed until now.

I’m a good studier so I made a load of notes from Profit Squad training videos, pm’s and posts from very helpful NSC’ers and googling stuff. So far no significant cock-ups. Trying not to get gubbed by any bookie, by using the various techniques/betting patterns.

Roughly break even after 2 weeks, but about to make a load of free bet profits across bookies/exchanges from the Euro20 qualifiers and next PL matches. I agree, this is not gambling if you stick to the rules and avoid the temptation to make a regular bet driven by money lust.

I’ll be honest and admit to sinking in countless hours on the original research and now the matching. I’m fine with that as I control my working life, and I think it will ease off as I get experience.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Bet365's cash out is infuriating at times.

I had a 6 game 'both score' acca on the go. The cash out option wasn't available. When I looked at my bet online, of the 6 games in play, 5 were showing match time/score. The 6th (the one stopping the cash out option) had no match details, as if it hadn't actually started. Yet, go to the matches in play screen, and there it is, IN PLAY, a score and a time and everything. So why wasn't this info on my bet screen, allowing the cash out.

This happens once every week or two.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Had a rather peculiar, but fortunate run in with cash out on 365 today.

Had a fourfold bet on the European games today and had 3 results in and just needed Hungary or Azerbaijan to score a second goal for the bet to come in.

Azerbaijan duly scored in the 92nd minute and I hit the cash out button, as it was showing a penny more profit then my bet should have returned. I got my £253 in my account - happy days!

There was then a stewards enquiry and the goal was scrubbed off - however I had "cashed out" and it had gone through. 30 minutes later the money is still in my account, so a strange and unexpected benefit of cash out.

Edit - the bar stewards have just taken their/my money back!!!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Had a fourfold bet on the European games today and had 3 results in and just needed Hungary or Azerbaijan to score a second goal for the bet to come in.

Azerbaijan duly scored in the 92 d minute and I hit the cash out button, as it was showing a penny more profit then my bet should have returned. I got my £253 in my account - happy days!

There was then a stewards enquiry and the goal was scrubbed off - however I had "cashed out" and it had gone through. 30 minutes later the money is still in my account, so a strange and unexpected benefit of cash out.

I’d withdraw that as soon as possible mate, happened to me once with disallowed goal and I withdrew straight away, they put my account in negative balance and I got a message from them saying ‘as a gesture of goodwill’ they will allow me to keep the winnings and put my balance back to zero.

Some bookies are good with this kind of thing, haven’t used 365 in a few years now so wouldn’t know now.

Edit: just seen they’ve taken it back, damn!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
May 8, 2018

Azerbaijan duly scored in the 92nd minute and I hit the cash out button, as it was showing a penny more profit then my bet should have returned. I got my £253 in my account - happy days!

Edit - the bar stewards have just taken their/my money back!!!

Had this myself recently to the point I’d already instruction a withdrawal from the account!
Rang them and queried turns out a goal was disallowed in the 95th minute of a game the night before
They citied terms and conditions but as a gesture gave me £30 in bet credits

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here