Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia season-long loan to Hoffenheim

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That is rubbish as Locadia is fairly quick not a sprinter but no slouch.

Got to agree when he gets going he is quite fast but the way his feet move makes him look like Charlie Chaplin so he doesn't look capable of being speedy.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's the speed of thought, rather than the speed of foot which seems to be his problem

Agreed - and I was thinking this several times during the Rovers match on Tuesday. It was pretty frenetic at times, and I just couldn’t see Locadia fitting in. Connolly and Alzate, however, seemed much more attuned to the tempo of the game (as did everyone else, with the possible exception of Mooy....but we can cut him some slack at the mo)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Halle-phlucken-looyah.

Reading between the lines of what GP says, in short it means, he’s not good enough at this level, and we’ve got cheap better young ready-now talent coming through that is far more deserving of a shirt.

Cannot believe we found a team to take Locadia. He joins a group of complete flops along with Kemy Agustien, Turienzo, and many others I’m sure you will all add to....

Nah, Locadia tries and wants to play tbf. Nothing like Kemy.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If, in the (unlikely) event he score 15+ goals and does brilliantly, then we have the option to re-integrate him here.

I think we've seen the last of Locadia in a Brighton shirt so no need to worry about trying to re-integrate him. Besides, he'll be busy playing in BG's local pub team.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Halle-phlucken-looyah.

Reading between the lines of what GP says, in short it means, he’s not good enough at this level, and we’ve got cheap better young ready-now talent coming through that is far more deserving of a shirt.

Cannot believe we found a team to take Locadia. He joins a group of complete flops along with Kemy Agustien, Turienzo, and many others I’m sure you will all add to....

Agree but how much of our £17m will we recoup? Or is all pissed up the swanny?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I hope he does well. I don't want him to come back and i'd like a reasonable portion of money, even if it was half his original price, for him to remain elsewhere, but i'd rather he found merriment and a style that suited him better. He was a bit bobbins for us though.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Got to agree when he gets going he is quite fast but the way his feet move makes him look like Charlie Chaplin so he doesn't look capable of being speedy.

Agreed, but I could say that about my VW Polo, when it gets going it can go quite fast, but it take ages to get going!

Last edited:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Anyone else thinking "one down, one to go..."?

I would be but hope it’s not the case.

We would go from an A- transfer window to B- purely on a relative strength in depth basis alone.

Whilst I love the idea of having an actual pathway from U23 to first team squad I don’t believe having as strong as possible 25 man squad with supplementary competition from the upper echelons of the U23s is a bad thing and therefore moaning or selling two of the more peripheral members of the 25 seems like a slightly backward step.

If we can’t manage their respective ‘egos’ of wanting to play but not getting game time then our much vaunted ‘no dickheads’ filter is broken.

Angry about not playing? Then try harder or take your chance when you do. Not sit on the side and bitch and moan.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm actually not as down on Locadia as most people but I like that this move seems to mean a promotion for Connolly and Alzate. This is one of the reasons Potter was hired and I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm actually not as down on Locadia as most people but I like that this move seems to mean a promotion for Connolly and Alzate. This is one of the reasons Potter was hired and I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

We have been crying out for players to come through the youth/under 23 set up and it looks like it may now start to happen. It’s a risky strategy at this level but if it works it bodes well for getting genuinely talented youngsters to come here.

Sorry to see JL go myself but if Potter can bring through youth and it works it will be bloody fantastic

Fingers crossed that Alzate and Connell are the real deal.

BIG change in direction from the club

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany

Yeah, pretty much how I feel.. If they cant step up to the mark or if we feel we need to, we can still strengthen in Jan.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Too much rejoicing here.

What we have to hope now is that he does well there, gets a few goals, then either Hoffenheim or someone offer a fee which doesn’t represent too hideous a loss on the original purchase.

If, in the (unlikely) event he score 15+ goals and does brilliantly, then we have the option to re-integrate him here.

If he goes there and does badly, he’s back here, with no real prospect of getting anything for him and we’ll probably have to manage having a grumpy disruptive payer in the squad.

You make some good points, but the "rejoicing" as you put it, is purely down to the fact that Potter has very quickly concluded that he's not worth a squad place. We have no reason to wish ill of Locadia - he probably felt mismanaged under Hughton who asked him to be play far more defensively than he assumed he'd need to.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

My thoughts exactly

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Potter said .
"We’re in a good position for Jurgen to make this move, on the back of the great progress some of the younger players have made over the summer, and in particular Aaron Connolly and Steven Alzate.

“Those two have been excellent throughout pre-season, not looked out of place with the first-team squad and showed on Tuesday night that they are capable of producing for us at first-team level."

Cllub website

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Clearly GP is no fool, he has made a remarkable change to our club and continues to improve it. F*cking brilliant. Just dug this article back up,I think Pardew is correct, TB showed bloody good insight and pulled of a major coup getting Potter https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1308960/palace-legend-says-landing-potter-is-a-coup-for-albion

Bit early for that kind of talk, IMO. I mean, he's changed the system and we've won an away game, but it's pretty early days...

Connolly to score the winner at the ETIHAD at the weekend? :lol:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

You make some good points, but the "rejoicing" as you put it, is purely down to the fact that Potter has very quickly concluded that he's not worth a squad place. We have no reason to wish ill of Locadia - he probably felt mismanaged under Hughton who asked him to be play far more defensively than he assumed he'd need to.

Does his loan necessarily suggest this? He was selected in all 3 match-day squads ? Seems a strange decision if the coach had concluded as you suggest? He started and played pretty well at Watford.. can't remember if he got minutes vs. West Ham ( and was chucked on with reasonable time to go vs. Saints. That suggests that he did see him worthy of a squad place, but could it be just that JL wasnt happy that again he was not guaranteed starts and asked for a move that GP can accept, reluctantly, as he has a back-up in Connolly. I accept that GP has decided we can afford to let him go, but not sure his actions simply say "not worthy".

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Injury to Murray or Maupay and this could be a very big gamble

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here