Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia season-long loan to Hoffenheim

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not sharp enough in mind or body for the premier league, add to that an average at best work rate and you see the exit door

Potter has seen enough

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I would rather we kept him as I think that he will score goals and all the bull that he was crap when hje cam on against Southampton is a view expressed by those who dont rate him, but not fact. The shot that hit the post could just haveeasily hit the post and gone in and we would all be sayin g how he took it well. I think that he tried to be too sure and the moment went.

Perhaps you can tell us exactly what it was that he did well when he came on?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
he's a pretty average player and a poor signing. I warm to him more than I do to Andone or Ali J as he seems like an alright chap (plus I like his off field antics) but I simply don't think he, or the other two mentioned are good enough for this level, particularly when we have someone like Connolly absolutely chomping at the bit to get into the first team

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed.

When he arrived, I had genine high hopes for him as he seemed the type of player we were crying out for. Equally, I was always suspicious of the Locadia signing. I think I've got them both wrong, because Andone is fairly ordinary with a shitty streak that has already cost us. Locadia hasn't pulled up any trees and I still don't have much faith in him, but he isn't a walking red card and has clearly upped his game from the early days even if he hasn't really delivered.

Tbh, I wish we hadn't signed either of them.

Pretty much my view as well. Frankly I'd rather have Hemed than the pair of them as although he's probably not technically as good as either of them at least he cares, and he makes the best of his (by PL standards) limited ability.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would rather we kept him as I think that he will score goals and all the bull that he was crap when hje cam on against Southampton is a view expressed by those who dont rate him, but not fact. The shot that hit the post could just haveeasily hit the post and gone in and we would all be sayin g how he took it well. I think that he tried to be too sure and the moment went.

That's not true at all. He shanked it, and it hit the outside of the post. If he had any composure he'd have smashed it inside the post, into the corner. I'd have more sympathy if he'd run himself into the ground all game as those sort of shanks easily happen when you're knackered as anyone who has played the game at any level will tell you. However, Locadia fluffed his one genuine chance even though he'd only come on as a second half substitute with 25 mins to play. Sadly it comes as no surprise because he's really not very good.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is this something we have to get used to? Multi-million pound players signed on huge contracts, who then ultimately don't cut the mustard? I'm sure all clubs have had them, but the Albion obviously haven't been in this position before. You could argue there was (to a slight degree) an element of it with CMS?

It certainly is a bit of an issue when you've got, what, nearly £50m worth of talent in Andone, Locadia and Ali J not living up to expectations? That's clearly a problem in either the scouting, negotiating, finance or training department of the club that needs addressing. And yes, they might come good – all of them – but surely they should be showing a bit of promise now, if they are worth that much money in the first place? That's where this whole transfer business makes no sense. There are players all over the league that have either been trained up through a club or signed on relatively small fees or free transfers who are much more cost-effective of others who have cost clubs millions.

Bonkers!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

This is the Premier League in a nutshell though. Perhaps ultimately it is the difference between the Dutch league and say the Championship. You miss a chance in those leagues and in a good side another comes along pretty quickly. The Premier League is a different beast. Chances, and I mean real clear cut chances are few and far between.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

What does ‘just as easily’ mean? It didn’t go in because his shot was off target. If he’d been MORE ACCURATE it would have hit the post and gone in, or gone in cleanly. If trying to be ‘too sure’ means you miss the moment, that’s a failing.

You are desperately trying to defend the indefensible and calling it ‘fact’. Your opinion is not fact, nor is anyone else’s. They’re just opinions.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He will no doubt get his chance against City and Burnley whilst Andone serves his deserved suspension and we all know what happened when Hemed was suspended. and the eventual outcome.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No point keeping. Looks a lump strolling about. Not up to the premier league.

Shame as leaves us 1 short as assumed what we had before we kicked off would be ok but Locadia looks exactly the same .

Rather chance it Connolly.

Andone needs to sort his control out as he has shown can cut it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Is this something we have to get used to? Multi-million pound players signed on huge contracts, who then ultimately don't cut the mustard? I'm sure all clubs have had them, but the Albion obviously haven't been in this position before. You could argue there was (to a slight degree) an element of it with CMS?

It certainly is a bit of an issue when you've got, what, nearly £50m worth of talent in Andone, Locadia and Ali J not living up to expectations? That's clearly a problem in either the scouting, negotiating, finance or training department of the club that needs addressing. And yes, they might come good – all of them – but surely they should be showing a bit of promise now, if they are worth that much money in the first place? That's where this whole transfer business makes no sense. There are players all over the league that have either been trained up through a club or signed on relatively small fees or free transfers who are much more cost-effective of others who have cost clubs millions.

Bonkers!

Or it's just that football isn't an exact science, and all the scouts, coaches and recruitment experts in the world can't always get it right. Who really thought Torres wouldn't be a success at Chelsea? Or Robbie Keane at Liverpool? There's loads of examples of it. The stakes just feel higher now because we're in the Premier League and the sums are so big, but actually they are lower. because we can now afford to have a £15 million player on £50K a week not work out, as ridiculous as that sounds.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"Maupay may come good" - sounds like he's being regarded as a failure so far already! A brand new £20M striker (isri't that what everybody was shouting for?) who has so far scored 1 in 3. Asking him to 'come good' seems a bit of a cheek to me!
It's not even 1 in 3, he's only started 1 game (when his strike partner saw red), and he was subbed in that. He's not even had 1.5 games on the pitch yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He will no doubt get his chance against City and Burnley whilst Andone serves his deserved suspension and we all know what happened when Hemed was suspended. and the eventual outcome.

It’s looking like GP is in agreement with what many on NSC have been saying since he signed. Those of us who championed him look like being proved wrong. There are times you have to hold your hand up :down:

I would have expected AJ to be shipped out before Locadia personally :shrug:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I've never warmed to him for some reason. Maybe it's his languid style that got to me where he never seemed to be busting a gut to close down an opponent, such as when during last season he was on the pitch with Murray, and Murray was doing the closing down but Locadia was just jogging about, no effort.

Or it's his obvious (self declared) lack of heading ability.

Or the times he has fluffed his lines in front of the goal where he snatches at chances instead of keeping a cool head to put the ball away. For example take last night, can you imagine Locadia being in Connolly's position where he gets the ball last night and calmly places it into the net? All I can imagine is that he goes to smash it and it would have rebounded off the keeper.

There has been plenty of head scratching on here when we signed him as we couldn't see where he would fit in, what is his best position so that he would score goals. That head scratching is still going on and it appears Potter has given up in trying to get the best out of him.

With Connolly taking his place, I'm more than comfortable with Locadia going out on loan. Good luck and I hope you find your best position and score some goals!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought he'd turned a corner under Potter but he was back to his old disappointing self v Southampton.

1.5 seasons + 3 games.

There comes a point when it just hasn't worked.

With Connolly emerging, and perhaps light at the end of the Percy permit tunnel now, it looks a good time to take a deal to move Jurgen on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Sorry, he looked poor from the off when he came on on Saturday in my view. Miscontrolled a couple of times, failed to close down more than once and then could and should have done better with his chances. I thought he looked quite bright at Watford but he seems to have gone backwards very quickly - maybe his head/heart just isn’t here. He seems unable to cope with not being a certain starter - on that basis, and I’ve been a supporter of his up till now, maybe we’d be better off with a sharp and enthusiastic Connolly on the bench.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Whilst he's arguably closer to the first team then, say, Ali J currently, Locadia always felt to me like the least "planned" or "chased" signing of the 3 supposed flops being discussed further up the thread. It was at a time when we were desperate for some form of back-up/competition for Murray and he didn't exactly come with glowing reports from Dutch fans. That's why this wouldn't surprise me all that much - never gotten the impression he's truly fitted in with the club's plans, maybe even more so with Potter now in charge.

Very happy to see Connolly move a step closer to first team minutes if that's the ultimate outcome.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
This would annoy me because one of the criticisms the club put about at the time of Hughton getting sacked, was that he hadn’t played our big money signings. Now if Locadia goes out on loan then surely the same criticism should be leveled at Potter. How can Hughton be in the wrong for not playing Locadia, but its fine for Potter to get rid of him? To be clear, I’m not having a pop at Potter here, I’m having a pop at the club because I think it’s a double standard. The bottom line is, rather than blaming Hughton for the failure for big money signings to step up to the grade in the Prem. Maybe the club should have a good hard look at it’s recruitment policy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here