Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is the one thread on here that gets my goat. He’s gone... forget him... forget who loved him and who was Mwaah. It doesn’t matter now. He plays for a rough house niggly team where he is better suited imo.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is the one thread on here that gets my goat. He’s gone... forget him... forget who loved him and who was Mwaah. It doesn’t matter now. He plays for a rough house niggly team where he is better suited imo.

Who he plays FOR is neither here nor there, it's who he plays AGAINST. It's near-enough professional negligence by our club to let him go elsewhere without very much of a fight You'd think they would have learnt from letting Murray go elsewhere so cheaply :shrug:

AB just keeps producing the PL goods. Suck it up.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Who he plays FOR is neither here nor there, it's who he plays AGAINST. It's near-enough professional negligence by our club to let him go elsewhere without very much of a fight You'd think they would have learnt from letting Murray go elsewhere so cheaply :shrug:

AB just keeps producing the PL goods. Suck it up.

I don’t agree there Tom. He suits Burnley and good luck to him as he is better than some we’ve had at the club. He’s better than Locadia but not as good as Ulloa. I’m not bitter just a tad bored with this same discussion time and time again when he scores a couple. He’s done well since he left I’m not denying.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don’t agree there Tom. He suits Burnley and good luck to him as he is better than some we’ve had at the club. He’s better than Locadia but not as good as Ulloa. I’m not bitter just a tad bored with this same discussion time and time again when he scores a couple. He’s done well since he left I’m not denying.

Fair enough. He does suit Burnley. But he suited us too. Andone is Barnes Lite. Like Lawro said on Football Focus at lunchtime, AB is a throwback, and one that defenders absolutely hate playing against. Like Sideshow David Luiz at lunchtime. Unforgettable how AB came on as sub for Burnley at the Amex a season or two back and very first thing he did was bundle Maty Ryan into the back of the net, just to let him know he was there. Barnes gave Dunk and Duffy a torrid time in that game for the relatively few minutes he was on the pitch, then Ashley and Lewis walked off the pitch together, all best mates. Unashamed AB fanboy here, not least because betting on him to score anytime for Burnley looks like heavily subsidising my next ST. Top man Ashley, would absolutely LOVE to see him back in the stripes. Not that we could afford him now.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Pal :lolol:

If you’ve followed her posts over the years, she has plenty of interests, a life.

Clearly, as do you, I'm sure. :facepalm:

Actually - who are we kidding here? You've got 26k posts and she has 40k posts, on an Internet forum. Let that sink in for a second, that is hilarious. Now we all know why you lot find these threads exciting, exhilarating, even. That's why they're bumped so often.

Threads like these are just an excuse for you guys to raise your post count, I guess you're all rather proud of your "contributions" on the Internet, that at the first opportunity you'll bump a 7 (?) year old thread to raise post count.

Now, then... what's worse, spamming on an Internet forum to raise a high post count, or posting an opinion on a former player, that was probably posted after a bad game, in frustration?
I think everyone here knows the answer to that.

These threads are the perfect reason, to delete post counts, and then we wouldn't see garbage like this every time 'Ash' has a good game.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Clearly, as do you, I'm sure. :facepalm:

Actually - who are we kidding here? You've got 26k posts and she has 40k posts, on an Internet forum. Let that sink in for a second, that is hilarious. Now we all know why you lot find these threads exciting, exhilarating, even. That's why they're bumped so often.

Threads like these are just an excuse for you guys to raise your post count, I guess you're all rather proud of your "contributions" on the Internet, that at the first opportunity you'll bump a 7 (?) year old thread to raise post count.

Now, then... what's worse, spamming on an Internet forum to raise a high post count, or posting an opinion on a former player, that was probably posted after a bad game, in frustration?
I think everyone here knows the answer to that.

These threads are the perfect reason, to delete post counts, and then we wouldn't see garbage like this every time 'Ash' has a good game.

Sadly you’re overthinking it.

I’m just a happy Albion fan, who liked Barnes from the moment he joined from Plymouth and I’m glad he’s doing the business in the PL. I enjoy the banter, wind-ups, the typically British sense of humour of many folk on NSC.

With zero interest in post counts, or analysing whether 25,000 or 50,000 requires a “let that sink in for a second” dictate from a busybody.

Long may [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] allow threads such as this one fester.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Sadly you’re overthinking it.

I’m just a happy Albion fan, who liked Barnes from the moment he joined from Plymouth and I’m glad he’s doing the business in the PL. I enjoy the banter, wind-ups, the typically British sense of humour of many folk on NSC.

With zero interest in post counts, or analysing whether 25,000 or 50,000 requires a “let that sink in for a second” dictate from a busybody.

Long may [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] allow threads such as this one fester.

I liked 'Ash' too, was a great signing at the time, and a bargain.
The club deemed that both player and club needed to move on, and that was the best option, at the time. Had he stayed, I doubt he'd of matured into the player he is today, and obviously the club believe that too, otherwise they'd of played hardball.

But we all moved on. Except those that decide to spam in this thread.

So, what's worse, spamming on an Internet forum to raise a high post count, or posting an opinion on a former player, that was probably posted after a bad game, in frustration?

Some on here, really need to let go, holding a grudge for 7 years is a bit ridiculous.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well, well, well. Ashley Barnes, eh?

That's the Burnley striker's third goal in a game and a half of the new season. And it also means only Liverpool's Sadio Mane (14) and Manchester City's Sergio Aguero (13) have scored more Premier League goals in 2019 than he has.

Barnes has banged in 12 league goals this year.
League 1 at best.

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So, what's worse, spamming on an Internet forum to raise a high post count, or posting an opinion on a former player, that was probably posted after a bad game, in frustration?

Some on here, really need to let go, holding a grudge for 7 years is a bit ridiculous.

You seem really defensive.

If their couple of post in this thread = spamming, what do your couple of post in here = ?

If you read the first post, it is clearly not a reactionary 'just back from the game' rant. It actually points out it's been a gestating thought and the most recent game (more than 24 hours prior) was just the latest piece of "evidence" to support his opinion. He then came back multiple times over the following weeks and months (and years? - can't be bothered to find out when mr burns last posted in here, as mr burns at least) to defend his position. There was never a 'y'know what, it was a bit of a sulk after a bad game, fair cop, I was a bit harsh'.

As has been pointed out by many posters on this thread, it isn't really a grudge against the OP any more. It's about celebrating the successes of a former player (with perhaps for some a slight hint of 'careful about writing off any player, look how bad this thread looks in retrospect').

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Equally if someone's been consistently backing the wrong horse for over 8 years, it's probably time for them to choose the right one.

Premier League Top Scorers - 2019-2020

4 - Pukki (43 mins/goal), Sterling (45 mins/goal)
3 - Barnes (58 mins/goal)
2 - Rashford (43 mins/goal), Aguero (44 mins/goal), Aubameyang (90 mins/goal), Kane (90 mins/goal)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It turns out that offloading Barnes for peanuts was just as big a cock up by the club as letting Murray go on a free. Fingers crossed we have stopped making mistakes like that now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here