Trossard
Murray
Maupay

and look to bring Gross & Mooy on in the second half

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Potter was interesting in the forum yesterday and certainly didn't confirm that he would be going with a back three for Watford or the season.
Was pretty clear pre-season was the chance to see how players adapted / played in various systems.
Could just as well revert to his also favoured 4-2-3-1

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Ryan

Solly
Duffy
Dunk
Webster
Montoya

Stephens
Propper

Locadia
Murray
Trossard

I think this will likely be the lineup

I still don't know how 'arry will fit Maupay into our 11. Whether he'll sacrifice Murray's presence up top, or intends to put him as an inside forward, remains to be seen.

Last edited:

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Potter was interesting in the forum yesterday and certainly didn't confirm that he would be going with a back three for Watford or the season.
Was pretty clear pre-season was the chance to see how players adapted / played in various systems.
Could just as well revert to his also favoured 4-2-3-1

What I like about Potter is the team we are up against wont know what system will we play, even after seeing the team sheet.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Only two questions are Burn or Webster, Locadia or Maupay... otherwise same as Valencia.

subs : Button, Webster, Bernardo, Mooy, Gross, Maupay, Andone

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PS: Maupay hasn't had a normal pre-season. Brentford didn't pick him for any of their games due to the Albion negotiations/external interest so perhaps doubtful he will go straight in as a starter.
Mooy of course played only last weekend. Webster had a normal pre-season with Bristol.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ryan
Duffy Dunk Webster
Jahanbakhsh Stephens Pröpper March
Gross Trossard
Murray​

Subs Button; Burn, Montoya, Bernardo; Locadia, Maupay, Andone

:albion2:

Stumpy Tim

Having just beaten a Champions League team, I would be surprised if anyone new walked into the side. Maupay hasn't played in pre-season either. Barring injuries we don't know about I would go with:

Ryan
Dunk - Duffy - Burn
Montoya - Stephens - Propper - March
Locadia - Trossard
Murray

Subs:
Button
Bernardo
Webster
Gross
Maupay
Mooy
Andone

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
25 man squad, 3 injured, Steele and Balogun won't make it.

So 2 to leave out to cut the 20 down to 18, and this week no places for Alzate and the rest of the youth.

The further 2 to leave out for this game - Bong and Alireza.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Having just beaten a Champions League team, I would be surprised if anyone new walked into the side. Maupay hasn't played in pre-season either. Barring injuries we don't know about I would go with:

Ryan
Dunk - Duffy - Burn
Locadia - Trossard
Murray

Subs:
Button
Bernardo
Webster
Gross
Maupay
Mooy
Andone

This

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thinking - too early to chuck Maupay, Mooy and Webster in.......and not sure about Bernardo as didn't figure in pre-season much ?

Too early for Webster? I feel it's not so much a case of when we fit him in, but where. Who does he replace? I know we paid £20M for him, so somebody must have some idea. Can't see us breaking up the Dunk'n'Duffy partnership, nor can I see us moving them over so that Dunk is on the left. £20M for back-up? That would be a wow!

Look forward to finding out the answer sometime between now and Christmas!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Too early for Webster? I feel it's not so much a case of when we fit him in, but where. Who does he replace? I know we paid £20M for him, so somebody must have some idea. Can't see us breaking up the Dunk'n'Duffy partnership, nor can I see us moving them over so that Dunk is on the left. £20M for back-up? That would be a wow!

Look forward to finding out the answer sometime between now and Christmas!

Left side CB of three surely (so would replace Burn from the Valencia formation) ? Just think he may need more than a week with the team before being thrown in.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Left side CB of three surely (so would replace Burn from the Valencia formation) ? Just think he may need more than a week with the team before being thrown in.
I thought Webster is a right-sider (can lay RB and all that). Also begs the question, didn't Burn do enough to keep the place?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought Webster is a right-sider (can lay RB and all that). Also begs the question, didn't Burn do enough to keep the place?

I thought Burn was excellent against Valencia................good problem to have...........just glad it's not mine !

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think Webster will start in place of Burn, tough on Burn but with Webster having more pace then he should start, if he has proved himself this pas week.

Potter is all about pace, so would be surprised to see Murray and/or Gross playing. However no one has a clue how we will line up! Anyway my guess would be:

A 3-4-3

Ryan

Duffy - Dunk - Webster

Montoya - Stephens - Propper - Bernardo (Away games need more defensive solidity)

Locadia - Maupay - Trossard

Subs: Button, Burns, Mooy, Gross, March, Ali J, And one

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Massively confused by people suggesting Andone starts..... I like Andone but I don’t see what he has done in pre-season to justify starting ahead of Murray who has settled into the new system with Locadia and Trossard quite effectively.

There's no doubt that dropping Murray is going to be a difficult decision for Potter, indeed more difficult for Potter than it was for Hughton because of the style of football Potter wants to play.

Away from home we will have more opportunities on the counter-attack and that requires pace. If you can't break with pace you will find it hard to score goals away from home, and that's been exactly the problem for the last 2 seasons which is why our away form has been abysmal. This is why with Maupay, Locadia and Andone all fit I wouldn't start with Murray.

Another factor is confidence. If Murray starts ahead of Andone then the Romanian will be wondering why the hell we bought him in the first place. Andone will also feel he deserves to start ahead of Maupay, and we clearly need to start Maupay soon because potentially he's the No.1 striker fit for Potterball.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Ryan
Dunk - Duffy - Burn
Locadia - Trossard
Murray

Subs:
Button
Bernardo
Webster
Gross
Maupay
Mooy
Andone

This... although I think of it more as 5 at the back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here