Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I'm not talking age. I'm talking impact. He didn't seem to be held the player for Huddersfield last season he had been previously.

After a serious injury that sidelined him for months...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am not over excited at signing Mooy but he did have 1 good season in the Championship and 1 in The Premier for Huddersfield so give him the benefit of the doubt about last season and possibly injured, so a loan seems a sensible move. I cannot see that he will replace Stephens or Propper in the side but improves our squad in the absence of injured players.

Don’t you think that he is a better passer than Stephens offensively wise? Perhaps Stephens’ defensive qualities are needed less with a back three?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We have 1 spare place in the squad as of now ( unless Hemed or Ahannach get it).

However, 5 central midfielders somewhat blocks Alzate, and Băluţă etc. so I hope 1 of our central men ( likely Kayal ) moves on.

No U23 blocking. They don’t need to be named in 25, and can still play.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
That is very possible, but NSC didn't seem to think so yesterday...

No rumour on that since start of window...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sky say it could be a loan signing. That would be unusual from Championship club to premier !!
And very unusual for a player out of contract next summer... unless Huddersfield have an option of a further year.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/112634/mooy-leaves?page=1

Universally acknowledged as towns best player .

You don’t often see that when a player about to leave

How much would a midfielder who has 2 years proven prem experience cost ? Exactly

Not forgetting had a decent World Cup

People need their heads read if they don’t think this is anything other than good business

Well, I think our transfer business this window has been excellent but I’m underwhelmed by this. He’s a decent enough player with top level experience but we’re really after an upgrade, dynamism, and something different in CM, and I just don’t see Mooy offering that

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I think it is a brilliant bit of business.

Played well, scored goals and made a massive difference in some of their games. Very happy with the window and this is great, happier with him then Berge who I have never seen play and has never played in this league (not to say he couldn't be the next world class player)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
His injury was the difference in Huddersfield's seasons in the PL, he's a cracking player and an upgrade on any of our current midfielders in terms of ability or experience.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
His injury was the difference in Huddersfield's seasons in the PL, he's a cracking player and an upgrade on any of our current midfielders in terms of ability or experience.

Agree, he'll definitely suit GP's style, too

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here