Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Can see a transfer request winging it's way to Prince Charming's desk in the next 24 hours.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
If this is true, I do find it genuinely mindblowing that Everton would actually be willing to part with £70m plus a couple of players for the SEGW. Mindblowing. Forget the Maguire deal, this alone is devastating proof that football has finally eaten itself, and gone absolutely mental.

£70,000,000+ for a sulky, inconsistent, flaky winger with severe balance issues and a track record of truly abject failure at any club away from the derelict confines of the Stade de Clad and his little gaggle of deluded brown-nosers who rattle around in that toxic 19th century dump, licking his arse.

Whoever is pulling the strings at Everton must have completely and utterly taken leave of their senses. They don't know how lucky they are that the disney spiv is playing silly buggers with this. At least Arsenal eventually came to their senses and bought a proper player instead.

Everton going for it. Time will tell. Difficult to talk about value meaning much anymore in the Premier League. But, like him or loathe him, Zaha is Palace's best player. Without him they probably would have been relegated by now. Being in the Premier League is worth more than £100 million a year so I can understand why Parrish is holding out for top dollar. If Arsenal's new winger Pepe costs £72 million, Zaha, to Palace, has to be "worth" more.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If this is true, I do find it genuinely mindblowing that Everton would actually be willing to part with £70m plus a couple of players for the SEGW. Mindblowing. Forget the Maguire deal, this alone is devastating proof that football has finally eaten itself, and gone absolutely mental.

£70,000,000+ for a sulky, inconsistent, flaky winger with severe balance issues and a track record of truly abject failure at any club away from the derelict confines of the Stade de Clad and his little gaggle of deluded brown-nosers who rattle around in that toxic 19th century dump, licking his arse.

Whoever is pulling the strings at Everton must have completely and utterly taken leave of their senses. They don't know how lucky they are that the disney spiv is playing silly buggers with this. At least Arsenal eventually came to their senses and bought a proper player instead.

:lolol: the other Hunter S Thompson of NSC strikes again :bowdown:

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
BBC also suggesting Brighton about to make a audacious Bib for Wilf after he spits out yet another dummy .

That would be so funny if Mr Bloom made him a ridiculous copious amounts of money mad to turn down bid, and a pay as you dive bonus incentive.

Oh BIB! I see, put me down for one whoosh.

P. S I still think it would be hilarious if my pre whoosh statement came to fruition, it makes me wonder if he actually would sign if we made him a offer that's just too good to refuse.

Then loan him out to someone else obviously.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Everton going for it. Time will tell. Difficult to talk about value meaning much anymore in the Premier League. But, like him or loathe him, Zaha is Palace's best player. Without him they probably would have been relegated by now. Being in the Premier League is worth more than £100 million a year so I can understand why Parrish is holding out for top dollar. If Arsenal's new winger Pepe costs £72 million, Zaha, to Palace, has to be "worth" more.

Its simply not market value for him then is it.

Its like if I was driving a rust-ridden, battered old 1984 Austin Allegro, and needed it to get to and from work. Its unreliable, keeps breaking down and is a complete and utter mess to look at, but I need it, and it just about does a job. Someone surprisingly and inexplicably comes round and offers me £500 for it, but I still turn the offer down flat and price it up at £2.5m. Is it worth that ? Obviously not. But I don't want to get the bus, and truth be known, I've grown quite fond of the scabby old thing. I'd only go and waste the £500 on drugs and fireworks anyway, so best I just keep hold of the old tub and crack on.

Thats effectively what Disney is doing.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Its simply not market value for him then is it.

Its like if I was driving a rust-ridden, battered old 1984 Austin Allegro, and needed it to get to and from work. Its unreliable, keeps breaking down and is a complete and utter mess to look at, but I need it, and it just about does a job. Someone surprisingly and inexplicably comes round and offers me £500 for it, but I still turn the offer down flat and price it up at £2.5m. Is it worth that ? Obviously not. But I don't want to get the bus, and truth be known, I've grown quite fond of the scabby old thing. I'd only go and waste the £500 on drugs and fireworks anyway, so best I just keep hold of the old tub and crack on.

Thats effectively what Disney is doing.

To stretch it further, if you were fairly certain you NEEDED that car to keep your job, and if you sold it you only have a very short time to buy another car before you’re stuck relying on public transport, then would you take the offer? Being late for work a few times loses you your job. If you lose your job you are in dire straights as you know it’ll take you a long time to fight back into a role this well rewarded... I actually don’t blame Disney at all, they cannot make a good choice here. Keep him and hope he doesn’t throw his toys out of the pram. Sell him and gamble that you’ll be ok - maybe even better! - without him.

It’s Everton that I don’t understand. Wilf is a classic solo player. A give the ball to me and hope I can make some magic work. That doesn’t align to Everton’s squad anywhere near as well as Palace. How will he react when he has to be a true team player?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So Sky Sports are reporting that Palace still value Zaha at £80m

They can offer whatever they like. If it doesn't reach Palace's valuation of the player, they won't get him. Parish has been insisting that £80m will be required, which probably actually means that we'd accept somewhere in the region of £70m.
Meanwhile in La la land......

BREAKING: Crystal Palace yesterday rejected a £70million, plus two players, bid from Everton for Wilfried Zaha. Palace have indicated they want north of £80m for their star asset.
It's an ever moveable feast.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It’s Everton that I don’t understand. Wilf is a classic solo player. A give the ball to me and hope I can make some magic work. That doesn’t align to Everton’s squad anywhere near as well as Palace. How will he react when he has to be a true team player?
They also have one horizontal footballer already, in Richard Arlison.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To stretch it further, if you were fairly certain you NEEDED that car to keep your job, and if you sold it you only have a very short time to buy another car before you’re stuck relying on public transport, then would you take the offer? Being late for work a few times loses you your job. If you lose your job you are in dire straights as you know it’ll take you a long time to fight back into a role this well rewarded... I actually don’t blame Disney at all, they cannot make a good choice here. Keep him and hope he doesn’t throw his toys out of the pram. Sell him and gamble that you’ll be ok - maybe even better! - without him.

A very accurate anaolgy, nicely summed up. Likewise, I'm well aware why The Spiv is coming out with these ridiculous random numbers, but I am genuinely baffled and astonished at Everton seemingly volunteering £70,000,000+ for him. Arsenal quite rightly baulked long before it even got to £50m. They had the money all along of course, but knew they were having their pants pulled down, and so went and spent it on a proper signing.

Usually there'd be a buy-out clause built into the contract that would avoid all this faff and provide a degree of certainty for both parties. I can only assume that the BETM was offered a superior £130k a week in exchange for NOT having a buy-out clause built in to the deal he signed.

What would be the situation if he bought himself out of his contract ? 3 years left at £130k a week would mean him stumping up about £4.7m, to make himself a free agent and hope that he'd get a signing on fee at his new club to cover that. Is that ever an option I wonder ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it would be best for Palace if he went. I don't think they need him as much as they think they do. They have struggled without him because they've relied on him so much and not learned to play without him, but if he left they would have to learn how to play without him, and they'd manage.

If he stays he's going to be really pissed off and he's unlikely to do as well for them as he did last year. Future offers for him will then be lower and he'll be more pissed off.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Guardian update:

Crystal Palace have rejected Everton’s new offer for Wilfried Zaha and insisted that they will not accept less than £100m for the Ivory Coast forward.

Marco Silva’s side have emerged as the only serious suitors for Zaha since Arsenal’s bid for the 26-year-old was rejected earlier in the summer, with Everton having already seen a £52m bid rejected by Palace at the end of July.

But having signed Moise Kean from Juventus, Silva is understood to be keen to add more attacking options to his squad and on Tuesday Everton submitted a new offer of £70m plus James McCarthy that would have also seen Turkey striker Cenk Tosun join on a season-long loan.

That was immediately rejected by Palace, who are reluctant to sell with little more than 24 hours of the Premier League’s transfer window remaining and concerns about how they could replace such a crucial player before the start of the new season.

It is understood that Zaha has been left furious by the decision, with the player disappointed that the south London club are blocking the transfer despite having agreed last summer to accept any “reasonable offers” they received. He began pre-season training last week having played for Ivory Coast at the African Nations Cup in Egypt and had been expected to be in contention to start Saturday’s opening game of the season – against Everton at Selhurst Park.

Zaha is not expecting to submit a transfer request at this stage and remains hopeful that a European club could still come in for him before the summer window closes on Thursday. Napoli and Borussia Dortmund have been linked with him in the past but both appear unlikely to be willing to fund such an expensive transfer.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
View attachment 113862

They love it at palace .

With VAR they're going to struggle, Mr tumble is going to find it much harder to cheat the numerous penalties per season he cheats, and the main profiteer Milojevic, is going to be the new Mr Tumble..... Only it will be his goals scored.

Unless Wilf can find a way to cheat the video ref as well as he's been able to cheat refs and fans for years..... You're screwed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sounds like he’s desperate to get out of there, and who could blame him.

It's going to be brilliant - head's been turned completely now but not being allowed to go. Not going to end well (for them), will probably end up staying now, acting like a sulky **** for a few months then being sold in January.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
A very accurate anaolgy, nicely summed up. Likewise, I'm well aware why The Spiv is coming out with these ridiculous random numbers, but I am genuinely baffled and astonished at Everton seemingly volunteering £70,000,000+ for him. Arsenal quite rightly baulked long before it even got to £50m. They had the money all along of course, but knew they were having their pants pulled down, and so went and spent it on a proper signing.

Usually there'd be a buy-out clause built into the contract that would avoid all this faff and provide a degree of certainty for both parties. I can only assume that the BETM was offered a superior £130k a week in exchange for NOT having a buy-out clause built in to the deal he signed.

What would be the situation if he bought himself out of his contract ? 3 years left at £130k a week would mean him stumping up about £4.7m, to make himself a free agent and hope that he'd get a signing on fee at his new club to cover that. Is that ever an option I wonder ?
Wow, BustersDad who was banned from here is not happy with you [emoji3]
3fabc094d903075a38c15e4bb5909708.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here