Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City forum

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So one-eyed and aggresive it's almost bizarre. Apparently there were 16 blatant dives by our players! Seriously - WTF?! And of course no mention of the fact that Walker should have walked.

It may come as a surprise to some readers, but NSC is an unusual football site in that it is well moderated, not overrun by keyboard warriors, and those who do promote the culture of spotty hatred are slapped down pronto, and then banned if the carry on being nobbers. Elsewhere, one sees the price of 'free' speech.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes - that's what I was saying. I find the comments on their thread bizarre, as they don't reflect what I saw at the game, and they don't reflect what all City fans thought. That's the point I was making.

Fair enough. Misunderstood your post. The City fans I encountered yesterday seemed fine. Must just have an above average share of online nobbers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's a bit of a cleft stick. On the one hand I would love for us to be as successful as City, in with a good shout for the four major competitions at the business end of the season. However, if that meant selling the soul of the club I've supported all my life, through thin and thinner, and, having to share it with jcl/tourists/glory hunters, I hope I'd pass.h
I love the fact we're a small club punching above our weight, with a mainly local support, who's main claim to fame is we came back from near terminal decline, to be where we are now.
If we were ever as successful as City, the thing about this wonderful football club, I would be most proud of, is the struggle during the war years, and our ultimate victory.
Cups and competition wins are passing glories, what we have achieved in saving a club from death, will live forever.
(Spurious Oasis reference)

Well said. We do already have our share of glory hunters and 'lets go ****ing mental'ers though, sadly. I remembers Stoke away during our first spell of recovery; only a small number of them, but enough to cause a response. I wonder what it is that makes a certain type latch on to an event in order to behave like a prick. Have they no shame? I would be embarrassed to turn up at a football match, unable to name more than 3 players in the side I supposedly support, then start goading supposed fellow fans. Its only one step away from wearing a special uniform and giving yourself a special name :facepalm:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm in a WhatsApp group with fans of various other teams, and the resident City fan was very chippy yesterday.

He started by claiming that "half our support" was made up of United fans, then shut up when it was pointed out to him that the BBC talked to four of the kids for whom Sterling had bought tickets - two United fans, a Chelsea fan and an Arsenal fan, by their own admission.

Post-match, the general view was that we'd done alright and probably as well as could be expected, especially given the early goal. He then chimed in (you'd think he'd be happy about having got to a Cup final), with a rant about Jahanbakhsh supposedly diving and how Brighton in general were "disgusting".

I then pointed out that he might want to consider the value of being gracious in victory, which prompted another rant about how he grew up in Brighton, always keeps an eye on how we're doing and went to the Playoff Final in 2004, but again how disgusting we apparently were yesterday.

My retort was very mature - you must be either pissed or just totally classless. Whereupon he flounced out of the group to general amusement from everyone else.

It makes me womder what they must be like when they actually lose, the ref really does give some controversial decisions against them, or when they actually do encounter a dirty or cheating team. I've heard about sore losers, this lot are sore winners

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
In a nutshell, who enjoyed their day yesterday the most? We did, of course, by a million miles. And we lost. Rather like winning the lottery, we would all like to do so, but at the end of the day bottomless wealth and instant gratification robs you of the ability to savour the taste of the good things in life. You really would not have guessed who the winning side was yesterday judging by the happiness of the Albion supporters post match.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Can't have done many aways then

I am not a big traveller but have been to a few places and felt Man City was unfriendly not in an 'intimidating' way just not friendly. They have a place to drink on the concourse but only if you are a city fan. The stewards were officious and jobsworth. On my first visit they took umbrage that i had walked around the ground and why hadn't i just stayed with the Brighton fans. Didn't see that with Liverpool or Man U or a number of other clubs. Didn't like Leicester either same sort of approach.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I especially like this comment,

"Boring. You need two teams for a football match, recently our opposition have been ****ing awful."

If your club buys all the best players how exactly do you propose an even contest? Deluded brilliance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I especially like this comment,

"Boring. You need two teams for a football match, recently our opposition have been ****ing awful."

If your club buys all the best players how exactly do you propose an even contest? Deluded brilliance.

This is basically the modern-day version of what a bleating Arsene Wenger used to say whenever any team dared try to stop his cavalier but frail teams from ripping them to pieces. Teams like Bolton got in their faces, defended well, and often beat them on the break or through a set-piece and he just couldn't hack it. Why the f**k should another team just 'make it a classic' so City can outplay them? The best teams - and Man United very rarely moaned about this under Fergie - just got on with it and found a way to win.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Some City fans singing "we will buy your club and we'll burn it down"....

WTF?

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Many years ago, before city bought their success, they were just 'the other team in Manchester'. The three major north west clubs may have had (and still have) a tri-lateral hate-despise-matey relationship, but did respect each other for their football skill and heritage. City were largely just ignored.

Now that city have bought their success they expect, and try to demand, the respect they think should come with it. But the whole world and his dog know it came from oil money buying big names. And are not impressed.

So they don't get that respect.

What they do get is a massive chip on their shoulders.

When they come across a little tinpot team like Brighton (made worse by being perhaps the most southern UK team they might meet) they expect us to get down on one knee.

We didn't, we met them.

The thing is, their Johnny-come-lately supporters with the chips on their shoulders (not the long-standing bad times, good times ones) cannot give credit to other teams. Hence the bleating on the web site about how we should be ashamed and the fact that they 'got the job done'.

The other three NW clubs respect lesser mortals for their heritage, grim determination and efforts. And had we played any of them, even with the same circumstances and result, we would have been treated differently.

The expectation city fans have as their oil-driven right can only lead to boredom and frustration when things don't go right. It's happening in laLiga. Sterile, atmosphere-free matches.

I fear for football.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
That is a level of self entitlement I have not seen for a while what a bunch of arrogant bellends. What is their beef with Anthony?

It would seem that they are a lot more alike United fans than they would like to admit, shame really the ones we spoke to were decent.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Funniest thing I had yesterday was one of their young guns asking me at the tube station why all the Brighton fans were going the same way as them. When I pointed out that we were heading South because Brighton was South of London, he looked all confused and went off to get a second opinion from someone else!

Jul 7, 2003
Agree. I spoke with a lot of City fans at Wembley that do remember where they've come from. Perhaps these aren't the armchair warriors.

[MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and I were chatting to a City fan while walking up Wembley Way before the match. He was saying that he was the only kid in his class who was a City fan and used to get loads of stick from the United fans. He said he went to every game now. Wished us all the best for the rest of the season (apart from the last game) and said that he would be supporting us in the final if we were to beat them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here