Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What date will *No deal Brexit* be confirmed ?

Need to ensure full fuel tanks, and I'm totally jerry canned up before the surprise fuel rationing come in.

Last edited:

larus

As well as being a climate change sceptic, what other paranoid conspiracy theories do you believe in? Do the think the establishment you mention above lied about Princess Diana too and she was really killed by MI6 and The Duke of Edinburgh?

Tell me what scare story of the climate change cult has come true.

Is the arctic ice free?
Have tornadoes increased?
Have hurricanes increased?

I believe that the climate has warmed slightly since the 1970s.
I believe that the emission of fossil fuels with have a minor impact on that.
I don't believe in catastrophic, runaway globull warming.
How much of the change in global temperatures at the end of the 20th century was natural. Until we know that, how we can say what mans influence is.
For example, why did we have ice fairs on the Thames in the 17th century and then they stopped? A - Natural climate fluctuations.

I think we should be cleaner in the environment, but CO2 has a logarithmic effect on terms of heat retention and the effect is disputed by many. Oh, and the 97% figure bandied around about scientists who agree with Global Warming is disingenuous.
For example, Dr Roy Spencer (who produces one of the 5 global temperature datasets for UAH disputes the man made global warming scare). So you may ridicule my position, but there are eminent climate scientists who dispute the severity of mans impact.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Is the arctic ice free?

How much of the change in global temperatures at the end of the 20th century was natural. Until we know that, how we can say what mans influence is.
For example, why did we have ice fairs on the Thames in the 17th century and then they stopped? A - Natural climate fluctuations.

I think we should be cleaner in the environment, but CO2 has a logarithmic effect on terms of heat retention and the effect is disputed by many. Oh, and the 97% figure bandied around about scientists who agree with Global Warming is disingenuous.
For example, Dr Roy Spencer (who produces one of the 5 global temperature datasets for UAH disputes the man made global warming scare). So you may ridicule my position, but there are eminent climate scientists who dispute the severity of mans impact.

Have sea levels risen?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Nigel Farage has claimed that he could deliver a trade deal for the UK... but because the government will not talk to him he’s not prepared to write it.

Desperate and deluded

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nigel Farage has claimed that he could deliver a trade deal for the UK... but because the government will not talk to him he’s not prepared to write it.

Desperate and deluded
I'd rather he released his tax returns.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Is the arctic ice free?

The people studying climate change have looked at the past to find reasons for the current changes, and are largely in agreement that this time it is man made to a large degree.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:lolol:

It’s another one of those weeks isn’t it? [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] yesterday, [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION] today. I’m aleady looking forward to Friday when [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] wades in and makes a complete plum of himself. As an aside he hasn’t replied to my last post and he’s well past his own self-imposed 5 day timeline.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Anyway. Looking ahead to Saturday it’s going to be a tough game and Dunk and Duffy will need to be at the top of their game to stop that American Sergio Agüero. :lolol:

# [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION]
#WhatAMuppet

It's very sad watching your decline.You need help,badly.Perhaps trying to be German has damaged your brain?

sour kraut.png

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But how/when do you think this new vote will/could get called if both parties appear to be against it?

I note not a single remainer has been able to suggest how a new referendum can be held before we leave given it will require an act of parliament ( including all the readings and the too'ing and fro'ing to the Lords ) AND a six month period between legislation being passed and the vote taking placed - that gives them 2 days to pass legislation in time to hold a vote on the 28th March. #Deluded

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
:lolol:

It’s another one of those weeks isn’t it? [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] yesterday, [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION] today. I’m aleady looking forward to Friday when [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] wades in and makes a complete plum of himself. As an aside he hasn’t replied to my last post and he’s well past his own self-imposed 5 day timeline.

And of course you've never made a complete plum of yourself on here :lol: ** Cough ** 7 Points and please don't try and read a graph ever again **

As far as I can see [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION] has asked a question that ZERO remainers have been able to answer properly. Can't see how that makes him a plum.

We have 2 Prof's ( moron ) you have Clamp and Plooks ( double morons ).

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
This is complete rubbish.

If it was even half true, we wouldn't be in the pitiful situation where 80% of UK constituencies are safe seats.

No it isn't. There will be a backlash if lifelong Labour voters who voted Leave (particularly in the North of England and Wales) are betrayed by Labour. Many of these voters will turn to UKIP as they did in 2015, being listened to is more important than voting for a party cos your granddad did.

You still haven't got a clue why people voted leave have you?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I note not a single remainer has been able to suggest how a new referendum can be held before we leave given it will require an act of parliament ( including all the readings and the too'ing and fro'ing to the Lords ) AND a six month period between legislation being passed and the vote taking placed - that gives them 2 days to pass legislation in time to hold a vote on the 28th March. #Deluded

perhaps the EU will just allow us to extend Article 50 a bit, or even a lot? (although I can imagine that might come with strings)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Not true - I stated the Article 50 process being extended to enable it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
And of course you've never made a complete plum of yourself on here :lol: ** Cough ** 7 Points and please don't try and read a graph ever again **

As far as I can see [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION] has asked a question that ZERO remainers have been able to answer properly. Can't see how that makes him a plum.

We have 2 Prof's ( moron ) you have Clamp and Plooks ( double morons ).

I think it was more the Climate change denial bit, on top of the Brexit bit, that was particularly amusing.

And you know as well as I do, that if the incumbent government decide a vote (referendum or GE) is in their political interests then a vote is what we will get. Would you bet against article 50 being extended at this point in time ?

And, lastly

2 Prof's
Ppf
BigGully
Baker lite
pastafarian
JCFG
Giraffe
Bashlsdir
GT49er

And that's just off the top of my head. (Although coincidentally, none of them seem to be posting so much in the last couple of months, as the Brexit plan has become clearer :lolol:)

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Not true - I stated the Article 50 process being extended to enable it.

No, fair point. I struggle to believe that all 27 nations in the EU could agree to that, the EU pass the legislation and all members to do likewise before the 29th March though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here