Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ramirez's injury?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Is it just me or is the position and look of his "injury" inconsistent with the contact point and force at point of contact?

I'm no medic - but that "gash" looks like an old injury rather than a fresh one. I would wish no harm on any player -
it just doesn't add up to me.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
If that is the case-and i'm not saying it is or it isn't-he is an absolute disgrace.

D

Deleted member 22389

If that is the case-and i'm not saying it is or it isn't-he is an absolute disgrace.

Have we been conned a bit, in that case the game should be replayed

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There was a thread criticising Derby fans when they had booed March coming off injured. This thread is starting to smell a bit of twattery and generally lacking in class.

No foul, but the player got hurt. Show some respect.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
There was a thread criticising Derby fans when they had booed March coming off injured. This thread is starting to smell a bit of twattery and generally lacking in class.

And you're 100% sure of that are you?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I think the thing people have to remember, and this includes refs, is that a player can get injured without it being a bookable offence. Ramirez's injury looked like one of those instances as it shouldn't have been a foul, but Stephens did catch him on the follow through as Ramirez was late to the ball. I wasn't too keen on his sportsmanship as he seemed absolutely fine until the ref sent off Stephens, but maybe he saw the gash and went a bit weak at the knees...

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'm sure he played it up a bit. As would an Albion player. It's part of football. If you want to cure this evil make a player exit the pitch for 5 minutes if he takes any time from the game by needing time to recover before exiting the pitch. Unless it's a head injury.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

What I was disappointed in more were the Albion fans that booed him off on a stretcher. Yes we were all royally ****ed off about the red card but I still clapped him off (especially as I thought he must have broken his leg in a similar fashion the the Newport County game i.e. not a foul but unlucky follow through).

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Is it just me or is the position and look of his "injury" inconsistent with the contact point and force at point of contact?

I'm no medic - but that "gash" looks like an old injury rather than a fresh one. I would wish no harm on any player -
it just doesn't add up to me.

I thought the same at the time, spent ages rolling around on the floor, after he had jumped up like a jack in the box,
if this is so then Dale should have a good case to have the red recinded?

just seen on another post
yes where exactly is the BLOOD

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What I was disappointed in more were the Albion fans that booed him off on a stretcher. Yes we were all royally ****ed off about the red card but I still clapped him off (especially as I thought he must have broken his leg in a similar fashion the the Newport County game i.e. not a foul but unlucky follow through).
He deserved all the boos for knocking the yellow card out of the ref's hand.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Wasn't he up and about fully recovered after the match ended ?

Wasn't he up and about just before the stretcher and oxygen came on?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
He deserved all the boos for knocking the yellow card out of the ref's hand.

Not something I could see from where I was (and I believe most Albion fans) so not an excuse for me. Having seen the video less sympathetic now but still not something I like to see from Albion fans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here