Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hughton to West Brom

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Apologies if fixtures, but various reports suggesting that West Brom have already lined up Hughton as their next manager. He's to be interviewed next week apparently.

We know such a good manager wouldn't stay out of work for long, but two days is rather impressive.

He's in a group of managers like Steve Bruce and Colin, who'd be very much in demand by any aspiring to be a PL team. All excellent and proven championship managers..... All questionable at the top table.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I genuinely wish him all the best if this is true. He WILL get them out of the Championship imo.

Knocky to WBA?

No way he signs AK I don't think Hughton trusts him. I do wonder if he might think Murray might be worth a bid - offer him 2 year deal and I think Glenn goes. Any other club I would have said he would be in for Bong as he really likes him but not with Jay Rodracist at the club.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Don't be stupid.

Best of luck, Chris. Very much suspect we'll be swapping places with them next year.
And if Hughton was kept on we'd have been relegated by Christmas. January at the latest.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
well I have mentioned this a few times in last couple of days

seriously good news is how all Baggies fans I know view this

really hope we don't live to regret this sacking time will tell I guess - no surprise to me though if we swap leagues with WBA in a years time

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He's in a group of managers like Steve Bruce and Colin, who'd be very much in demand by any aspiring to be a PL team. All excellent and proven championship managers..... All questionable at the top table.
Hughton is now on the same Managerial Roundabout as Pardew, Allardyce, Pullis, etc.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
And if Hughton was kept on we'd have been relegated by Christmas. January at the latest.

Exactly, do some of the Hughton is god brigade have Stockholm syndrome? Tortured for months with turgid football yet still love the man who instructed it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No way he signs AK I don't think Hughton trusts him. I do wonder if he might think Murray might be worth a bid - offer him 2 year deal and I think Glenn goes. Any other club I would have said he would be in for Bong as he really likes him but not with Jay Rodracist at the club.

No way will Glenn leave Brighton (the place) West Brom is too far to commute.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I think AK looks upon CH as a father figure and I also think AK under CH at Championship level is a match made in heaven

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don’t get the Knockhaert haters gives 100% has produced some sublime crosses, oh its because he got sent off once.

Twice (Everton last season), but you are right. Arguably remains one of our more creative players, and certainly a lot better than what we have purchased.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ridiculous statement - for all you know we might be anyway now - (also a ridiculous statement).
It was in response to a ridiculous comment that we'll probably be swapping places with a Hughton led WBA. Based on the last 23 league games we were more likely to go down next season under Hughton than stay up.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It was in response to a ridiculous comment that we'll probably be swapping places with a Hughton led WBA. Based on the last 23 league games we were more likely to go down next season under Hughton than stay up.

This.
Getting teams up he's proven, but you can't park the bus to safety, kicking it long to nobody.

Hughton, like Alladyce, like Pulis are all very good and effective managers that can grind out results and serve a purpose, they've all got a shelf life though as no fans are willing to bus park every game and try and nick 1, it's totally outdated.

Even Dyche who is a long ball protagonist has a bit more attacking nous the 3 aforementioned.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Absolutely this, appalling football being exposed by teams like Southampton, Cardiff, Bournemouth and Fulham!!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I'm sure I've read of clubs who are 'still paying' 2 previous managers.

Which suggests that the ongoing salary continues to be paid - not a lump sum. Of course, a lump sum payoff could be negotiated on departure.

I've also read ( or imagined, I suppose ) that if a manager gets another job, it could reduce the ongoing payment amount.

At the end of the day, it no doubt depends on the contract.
I've been made redundant, and it doesn't work like that. I think the key thing that you're missing is that Sir Chris was sacked, it wasn't a mutual agreement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here