Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we agree on one thing?

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Good luck with that.

First sign of a blip and you know what will happen. Likewise if we do well, there will be smug comments.

Going to take a while to move past this decision I feel.

Oh won't it just. As you say - either way.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
It all depends on our new left back, flasks and drums I reckon.
What should we have for goal music and can I bring my clacker next season?
Think it’s time for a poll as well, regarding all of the above.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Brighton lose first pre-season friendly: "I TOLD you sacking Hughton was a bad idea!"

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
We can at least agree on "We all follow Brightnovalbion, la la la la la la la la la la, la la ..." etc :thumbsup:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know.

This

And I refuse to agree on anything.
I will not be pigeonholed into those that agree willy nilly or disagree willy nilly with anything anyone else posts.

Is that ok Bozza?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
This is the first post I've commented on in regard to Chris Hughton's sacking. I believe he has every right to feel angry, betrayed and let down by his players this year and Tony Bloom.

On the other hand, he got incredibly lucky that Cardiff 'bottled it' when they had winnable games at Fulham and home to Crystal Palace. Arsenal away showed what he can achieve when he takes the game to the opposition. Sadly we rarely saw that since January.

Two and a half days on and what Hughton achieved was quite magnificent however the summer signings were mostly dreadful and he allegedly lost the dressing room. I do feel that he's taken the club as far as he can and we can bring in a new manager that can establish us as a mid-table side. If it goes wrong there'll be no 'karma' comments from me. TB loves a gamble and it's one I'm sure will pay off.

Thank you so much, Chris Hughton, for all your hard work and successes here. Best wishes for the future.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
This is the first post I've commented on in regard to Chris Hughton's sacking. I believe he has every right to feel angry, betrayed and let down by his players this year and Tony Bloom.

On the other hand, he got incredibly lucky that Cardiff 'bottled it' when they had winnable games at Fulham and home to Crystal Palace. Arsenal away showed what he can achieve when he takes the game to the opposition.

Two and a half days on and what Hughton achieved was quite magnificent however the summer signings were mostly dreadful and he allegedly lost the dressing room. I do feel that he's taken the club as far as he can and we can bring in a new manager that can establish us as a mid-table side. If it goes wrong there'll be no 'karma' comments from me. TB loves a gamble and it's one I'm sure will pay off.

Thank you so much, Chris Hughton, for all your hard work and successes here. Best wishes for the future.

Actually, yes you're right, there IS one thing we can all agree on: Chris Hughton did an absolutely brilliant job for Brighton and Hove Albion.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good luck with that.

First sign of a blip and you know what will happen. Likewise if we do well, there will be smug comments.

Going to take a while to move past this decision I feel.

Some posters still reminisce about Poyet and his “incredible Championship football” ffs (only held back by despotic Tony Bloom in not signing VVD), so I think the CH whining will out-see many of us!!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Regardless of how 2019/20 pans out it neither proves that sacking Hughton was a good decision, nor does it prove it was a bad decision.

If we finish 10th under a new manager, there is no way of knowing that we wouldn't have finished 9th under Hughton.

if we go down in 18th position under a new manager, there is no way of knowing that we wouldn't have finished 19th under Hughton.

We won't have the benefit of assessing the new manager under the same conditions as Chris Hughton, so there is no way of knowing who would have produced the better outcome.

I see the sentiment, But thats saying any success we have in the future, could also been achieved by Hughton.

Thats like saying Slade could have achieved what Poyet had and Poyet could have achieved what Hughton had etc.

Whatever happens, the new boss should take the full praise and the full critisisum, there will always be some people who see things differently from eachover, surely thats the point of this board?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Can we agree on one thing?

Regardless of how 2019/20 pans out it neither proves that sacking Hughton was a good decision, nor does it prove it was a bad decision.

Look, I don't want to be picky or anything. But isn't that agreeing on two things?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brighton lose first pre-season friendly: "I TOLD you sacking Hughton was a bad idea!"

We should also add - Pre-Season results, ESPECIALLY the first couple - mean **** all to how we will do this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We should also add - Pre-Season results, ESPECIALLY the first couple - mean **** all to how we will do this season.

Clueless

These are season defining, any genuine fan knows this

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

If we finish 10th under a new manager, there is no way of knowing that we wouldn't have finished 9th under Hughton.

if we go down in 18th position under a new manager, there is no way of knowing that we wouldn't have finished 19th under Hughton.

We won't have the benefit of assessing the new manager under the same conditions as Chris Hughton, so there is no way of knowing who would have produced the better outcome.

We'll never know for sure, but when do we ever, it's all about opinions.

If the new guy gets a tune out of Locadia and Ali J, better than CH managed, that will be a strong argument in favour of the change.
If we make only minimal changes to the squad, play expansive football and go down, then it's a strong argument to say CH made the best of what he had.

The one thing I'd like to see, but is equally unlikely, is that we don't see endless re-writing of history to suit someones narrative.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

that’s it, spoil it won’t you. WHY do you have to be so rational?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here