Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ryan
Montoya Duff Dunk Bernardo
Kayal Stephens Propper
Jahanbakhsh Murray Izquierdo​

Subs
Button; Balogun, Bruno; Bissouma, March, Gross; Locadia

I think that Andone will be important for Chelsea away and potentially the Semi Final as well, so I'd not rush him back in the side. I would go with our best two wingers, on paper, and see how they crack on. Both on their natural sides and playing where they want to play. Murray in the middle, and Montoya at right back, should benefit from Jahanbakhsh playing in his natural position. I'm talking about goals and assists!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No not direct at you, just that a few people have suggested he should start based on his performance at Millwall. I am a big fan of Solly and would love to see him hold down a position, but as you say it is tricky with the good quality of players we have.

I think he's started all bar three PL games, which is comfortably the best of our wingers (I do know he played a few games as ACM), so he's holding down a position. When he's like he was against Millwall, he's devastating. I just wish he'd do it a bit more, and trust his ability.
Something else for [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION], that run and ball for Izquierdo's poor effort was brilliant too.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think he's started all bar three PL games, which is comfortably the best of our wingers (I do know he played a few games as ACM), so he's holding down a position. When he's like he was against Millwall, he's devastating. I just wish he'd do it a bit more, and trust his ability.
Something else for [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION], that run and ball for Izquierdo's poor effort was brilliant too.

Or, you could say that he's been extremely lucky with the injuries to everyone else and the lack of consistent form from Anthony Knockaert. I've nothing against Solly, but I think he's had a miracle of a season - playing almost every game and generally doing ok. He should stick to his strengths though, putting in dangerous crosses and set pieces. If he's not got the confidence to take on full backs in the Premier League like he did at Millwall, which led to our opening goal, then he should buy a yard and put in a cross. Murray would appreciate it!

When everyone is fit, March isn't even on the bench for me.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ryan
Montoya
Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo
Stephens
Propper
Bissouma
Knocky
Izquierdo
Murray

and a bench of

Button
Bruno
Balogun
Gross
March
Locadia
Andone

While this is harsh on Jahanbakhsh, we need to win the game and this means we may need to play 2 strikers at some point. That means having three available IMO.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Or, you could say that he's been extremely lucky with the injuries to everyone else and the lack of consistent form from Anthony Knockaert. I've nothing against Solly, but I think he's had a miracle of a season - playing almost every game and generally doing ok. He should stick to his strengths though, putting in dangerous crosses and set pieces. If he's not got the confidence to take on full backs in the Premier League like he did at Millwall, which led to our opening goal, then he should buy a yard and put in a cross. Murray would appreciate it!

Despite outperforming every other winger this season?

As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] will confirm, I've not been Solly's biggest fan, but this season he's been consistently great.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Despite outperforming every other winger this season?

As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] will confirm, I've not been Solly's biggest fan, but this season he's been consistently great.

I'm a big Solly fan, but I wouldn't say that. He's been consistently solid, never had a poor game, done lots of things that people don't want to see. He's only got one goal in the PL, has missed two really good opportunities, and hasn't got enough assists from open play for me. He's capable of all of this, and I really doubt that he'd disagree with too much of this assessment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Yes, you've made the point a thousand times previously. You refuse to see the good things he actually DOES, preferring instead to fantasise about what exotic newcomers MIGHT be able to do, but have consistently failed to show.

I've nothing against Solly

Bullshit.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ryan
Montoya
Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo
Stephens
Propper
Bissouma
Knocky
Izquierdo
Murray

and a bench of

Button
Bruno
Balogun
Gross
March
Locadia
Andone

While this is harsh on Jahanbakhsh, we need to win the game and this means we may need to play 2 strikers at some point. That means having three available IMO.

I thought Gross was out?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yes, you've made the point a thousand times previously. You refuse to see the good things he actually DOES, preferring instead to fantasise about what exotic newcomers MIGHT be able to do, but have consistently failed to show.

Bullshit.

Whatever. He's played because of the unavailability of others, when everyone else is back, he's out of the team. That tells you something. All the time he's in the side, he should consider himself lucky because there are far better players than him in the squad and I'd assume he realises that. He's a solid winger who will pick up plenty of assists from set pieces, given the targets in our team, and doesn't let the side down. I've nothing against him, I just don't think he's as good a footballer as the players bought to challenge his place in the side.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Whatever. He's played because of the unavailability of others, when everyone else is back, he's out of the team. That tells you something. All the time he's in the side, he should consider himself lucky because there are far better players than him in the squad and I'd assume he realises that. He's a solid winger who will pick up plenty of assists from set pieces, given the targets in our team, and doesn't let the side down. I've nothing against him, I just don't think he's as good a footballer as the players bought to challenge his place in the side.

:lol: :lol:

He's played some part in 65 of our 68 Premier League matches, and has been in the matchday squad for EVERY Premier League match!

:lol: :lol:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
:

F--k me gently, Ninja, it's not April Fool's day yet!
Solly not even on the bench?
You're 'avin' a larf incha?:facepalm::rolleyes::wrong:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

That's your reading of things or, perhaps more likely, what you expect to be the case. We'll see. I think CH rates March and that's reflected in the number of PL appearances he's achieved. He's the player that approximates closest to CH's instructions on the pitch. Some fans might not like it, but my hunch is that CH does.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
That's your reading of things or, perhaps more likely, what you expect to be the case. We'll see. I think CH rates March and that's reflected in the number of PL appearances he's achieved. He's the player that approximates closest to CH's instructions on the pitch. Some fans might not like it, but my hunch is that CH does.
Always been one of my favourite players. I won't hear a bad word against him.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
With Andone on the bench at best and Propper ok I assume the bulk of the team against Palace will start with AN correct in his assessment that March has given him a choice to make compared to one of the other wingers. I'd definitely start AK so that means a straight choice between March and Ali J?

Watch now as Bong starts, Burn comes in for Duffy and Andone makes a Lazerous like recovery :lolol:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
So question for you all then, how do you rank them? My idea of what should be the pecking order has changed probably after nearly every game this season, Solly has been my 1st and 4th choice at various times, probably Knocky as well. If pushed, I'd go Knocky, Izquierdo, Solly, Ali J. Then you have to think of who is most effective on which side. Tough selection.

Really tough question and my answer probably depends somewhat on the opposition.

Against a City/Liverpool etc I would probably go Izquierdo & Knockaert. Jose provides more pace and is more likely to stay wide and Knocky seems to relish games and raise his performances against the big boys (and Palace).

Against the other cloggers I might be more inclined towards Ali J and March as I suspect their link up play is better and they are slightly more rounded as footballers.

But I could easily argue for any 2 of the 4 as it stands. Interesting times!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here