Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If Murray did his job tonight we wouldn't even be having this conversation - both those misses were shocking, inexplicable. Some very decent approach play and long, long periods in control, but once again, our appalling finishing in CRUCIAL moments of the game has let another team off the hook. The Duffy header as well. Knocky could have done better too. Leicester well and truly got away with it, and now we are well and truly in the shit. There's nothing Hughton could've done about our basic ineptitude in front of goal, and thats whats cost us again tonight.

Plus Locadia, Duffy and Dunk hopeless when presented with chances, the latter two shown up as comedy in defence.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
That was a much better performance than I was expecting :shrug:

Roll on Saturday, I’ll have a dry bed tonight.

Still 0 points to show for it though. That's all the matters now.
Our performances have been so bloody erratic this season - within games let alone one game to the next - that tonight's performance will seemingly have no bearing on Saturday's performance. So frustrating.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So many toys being flung tonight..

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I read that and all I can picture is a child with their toys strewn around them screaming the place down.

No just a realistic approach. Sleepwalking to relegation. Hughton doesn't know how to fight it. Nothing changes. No matter how many times we are "in" a game away from home we do not get any better.

We are relying on an old boy to get us out of trouble, but too often he disappears for a number of games. He's always been the same. Problem is we offer **** all else upfront with any consistency. Been saying for a season and half.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Great news that Davey Propper has finally scored. Decent hit too.
Knocky seems back to his best.

Bissouma probably has to start now Gross is injured.
We have played really away from home, against a decent team with a new manager.

There are positives.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Didn’t watch but sounded like we did well. I’ll take your word for it rather than BS bedwetters :) Brilliant Cardiff lost at home - their results almost as big as ours at mo.

The commentators on my feed were really impressed with Brighton. We've obviously conceded 2. The first Knocky gave the ball away halfway, we were out of position, 1 pass and they were in. It was self inflicted. We took the game to them and Murray had to equalise start of the 2nd half, glorious chance created by a back heal from Gross (which actually injured himself in the process). We started to play more expansive football in search of the equaliser (you know the type of attacking football the ones moaning have been screaming for), and we concede on the break. A side in the mire would have collapsed then, we didn't, rallied, got a goal and had further chances to equalise. Yep, we conceded 2 and lost, but it wasn't a poor performance by any means.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was crapping about today's game. In the ends, despite the results, I thought we were quite decent. Not worried. We will get points. My bed is dry.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Well, that was rather inevitable.

Lest we forget we were abysmal in the first quarter of the game. We knew they’d fly at us, yet opted for a ponderous selection with only the pace of knocky to counter any pressure. Selection and overall tactics wanting again. Bissouma had to start tonight, had to. Bong is (I say again) not a good PL player. Stephens has utterly lost his pace... confidence too. These observations represent managerial failings. Chris needs to make some tough calls and work to save all he has built. It’s falling apart right now, we’re in deep shit.

Saturday is going to be a very tough match. I’m not confident at all.

We’re all at sea, floundering...
Sails asunder,
Captains log,
Distant thunder...

We’re taking in water,
We’re going under...

Rum soaked, captain.
Sails in shreds...

The crew’s a drownin’

Ship wrecked, thrifty,
Salty knave,

Washed ashore,
Sun baked, desolate,
Sandy grave.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still 0 points to show for it though. That's all the matters now.
Our performances have been so bloody erratic this season - within games let alone one game to the next - that tonight's performance will seemingly have no bearing on Saturday's performance. So frustrating.

We did not play like a team that have given up or one that is sure to go down. Nothing is certain but I was encouraged by the performance, even the commentary team said we were a bit unfortunate. When you are down luck is hard to come by.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yep.

The saving grace could be that the wheels seem to have come off for the boyo's. That game and Saturday have taken on EPIC proportions. Our season will be defined next month.

May be defined on Saturday, Hudders with three points and us just struggling for oxygen.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Yes our terrible run is down to bad finishing :lolol: some people on here are looking at Hughton’s past achievements with us rather than the current reality. If he stays we’ll be down next season as it’s unlikely the league will be as poor as this year

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
It was clear from the beginning he didn’t have the touch for this league. I can’t remember if it was Barnet or Coventry being his first game but I knew then, even though he scored, that he was pony!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cannot wait till the summer and get rid of him - shocking signing in every aspect

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If Murray did his job tonight we wouldn't even be having this conversation - both those misses were shocking, inexplicable. Some very decent approach play and long, long periods in control, but once again, our appalling finishing in CRUCIAL moments of the game has let another team off the hook. The Duffy header as well. Knocky could have done better too. Leicester well and truly got away with it, and now we are well and truly in the shit. There's nothing Hughton could've done about our basic ineptitude in front of goal, and thats whats cost us again tonight.

agreed. Also I doubt CH would have been too pleased with Locadia's free kick, Bong's follow up shot, Duffy's distance shot in the 1st half. Bissouma looked good when he came on but faded when Stephen's went off.

Bottom line - Murray cost us

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that we played quite well and on another day Murray could and perhaps should have had a hat trick.

A Fulham win at St Mary's tomorrow will put us in a better position.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks very much. Post #504 has highlighted Muzza as the post match fall guy in a binfest for all our woes if we don’t win now.

:(

Yeah....Muzza out. FFS :facepalm:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Yes our terrible run is down to bad finishing :lolol: some people on here are looking at Hughton’s past achievements with us rather than the current reality. If he stays we’ll be down next season as it’s unlikely the league will be as poor as this year

The teams at the top of the Championship this season play in a way that'd suit relative success in our league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here