Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Millwall FA Cup Quarter Final Confirmed as Sunday 17th 2pm on BBC (merged threads)

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Although I do have 3 tickets for this game I hope going forward if for any reason we do play millwall then on “Sussex police advice “ we only give them 2200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And cover up the front seats and make them sit in the back rows...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Although I do have 3 tickets for this game I hope going forward if for any reason we do play millwall then on “Sussex police advice “ we only give them 2200

I agree but unlikely. Without reopening the other thread, I am not going to go so not having enough tickets won't affect me but the principle is appalling in my eyes. It isn't historic bad behaviour from us that this police decision is based on. And Millwall's 'thing' is their intimidating crowd that probably does have an effect on some away teams. A league game is probably different as they can be as quiet as other teams but in a big cup game, the away team need as much support as they can get to counteract the home support.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I agree but unlikely. Without reopening the other thread, I am not going to go so not having enough tickets won't affect me but the principle is appalling in my eyes. It isn't historic bad behaviour from us that this police decision is based on. And Millwall's 'thing' is their intimidating crowd that probably does have an effect on some away teams. A league game is probably different as they can be as quiet as other teams but in a big cup game, the away team need as much support as they can get to counteract the home support.

Hopefully our boys will get an early goal or 2 to shut them up!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

How many did they bring last time (including the 20 or so fat blokes that tried to waddle into the SW corner) ?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It really is outrageous that the poor behaviour of a section of their fans over a sustained period is rewarded with a reduced away capacity, thereby giving them an advantage.

Exactly, The away fans should have the whole stand and the home end corners nearest the away stand should be taken away from THEM for their poor behaviour.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
From Paul Barber: 'It’s very unlikely we will get the lower tier. I’m expecting our allocation to be confirmed at around 2,200 although we have obviously asked for the maximum possible.'

It was rotten luck that we got drawn away to the club with the worst away fans’ ticket allocation amongst those still left in the FA Cup but doubly infuriating that a large number of loyal Albion fans look like they'll miss out because of the restricted ticket allocation due solely to Millwall fans’ poor disciplinary record, through no fault of BHAFC.

A double whammy for us which will surely deprive many Albion fans from attending the QF.

Let’s hope PB continues to press for the maximum allocation and that more Albion fans can be accommodated, although from the tone of the above PB quote that seems unlikely.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I thought FA rules were 15% of capacity for away fans in the cup?
This can be reduced by the police but not the home club.
The away club can always not take the full 15% as per our agreement with Palace last season but it doesn’t sound like we are trying to do that. So if it’s not the police then Millwall can’t refuse without being in breach of the rules. Chuck therm out!!!!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
From Paul Barber:

'It’s very unlikely we will get the lower tier. I’m expecting our allocation to be confirmed at around 2,200 although we have obviously asked for the maximum possible.'

Burger it

Follow up question: Why is there such a large gap between loyalty points for day one and day two sales?

Going to be thousands and thousands of us trying to get one of ~800 tickets on Monday. :-(

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sales are slowing down 740 left now

Although the phone and in person sales start in half an hour so I would guess another surge then

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
It isn't historic bad behaviour from us that this police decision is based on. And Millwall's 'thing' is their intimidating crowd that probably does have an effect on some away teams. A league game is probably different as they can be as quiet as other teams but in a big cup game, the away team need as much support as they can get to counteract the home support.

Totally agree with this, it can't be right that the home team benefit from historic bad behaviour by their fans. Very odd indeed, and if the FA had any balls they would do something about it.

Follow up question: Why is there such a large gap between loyalty points for day one and day two sales?

Going to be thousands and thousands of us trying to get one of ~800 tickets on Monday. :-(

Amazed this hasn't been mentioned until now. It is a very large gap. I'm in the top tier so I'm alright Jack, but if I was at the top of the second tier I would feel a bit hard down be to be thrown in with a lot more people for the few remaining seats tomorrow.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
346 points means I’m likely to miss out.

Never thought I’d see the day when demand was greater than supply for Millwall away.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
346 points means I’m likely to miss out.

Never thought I’d see the day when demand was greater than supply for Millwall away.

Make sure you're in the queue before 9am with more than one device logged on.......................worked for me a few times when I wanted to get another ticket for someone who was in 2nd tier at the same time as my own.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It really is outrageous that the poor behaviour of a section of their fans over a sustained period is rewarded with a reduced away capacity, thereby giving them an advantage.

and our fans , doesn't help barber using the bbc and media to highlight our odd things like we are in the 1970s

cant have it both ways

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Make sure you're in the queue before 9am with more than one device logged on.......................worked for me a few times when I wanted to get another ticket for someone who was in 2nd tier at the same time as my own.

Agreed, in fact I never failed to get a ticket that way.

That said this is tight allocation so wont be many up for grabs. 689 left at the moment so looks as though you'll be fine if you get in early enough.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
and our fans , doesn't help barber using the bbc and media to highlight our odd things like we are in the 1970s

cant have it both ways
Can't have what both ways? I know Barber is your bugbear but this isn't unique to us - the Met Police obviously can't/won't allow the full stand to be used by away fans.

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootbal...ell-out-crowd-time-for-the-club-to-act.30170/

Whatever decision the police make will have nothing do do with Barber or our fans.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can't have what both ways? I know Barber is your bugbear but this isn't unique to us - the Met Police obviously can't/won't allow the full stand to be used by away fans.

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootbal...ell-out-crowd-time-for-the-club-to-act.30170/

Whatever decision the police make will have nothing do do with Barber or our fans.

just saying , people moaning about millwall etc. I'm saying when the police assess if to give us more , articles with Barber highlighting things as if we have issues with anti social behaviour will contribute to this.

Cant have both ways in one praising Barbers media mission and at the same time bleating about tickets we get given

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here