Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Millwall - be afraid...

HappyBoy

Feb 19, 2019
If I see any Millwall fan going for women and kids I will deal with them myself, Go and enjoy the game. Only those who look for trouble get it, No families are going to be harassed. As have said before there is no bad blood between wall and brighton. You might get the odd idiot. here and there. All clubs have them.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
If I see any Millwall fan going for women and kids I will deal with them myself, Go and enjoy the game. Only those who look for trouble get it, No families are going to be harassed. As have said before there is no bad blood between wall and brighton. You might get the odd idiot. here and there. All clubs have them.

Agreed, that is generally how it works. I reckon Albion fans know the score and will have a sensible respect for Millwall. One thing we have in common is a hatred of them red and blue striped Nigels...

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Leave our handbags and pink fluffy slippers at home and don't hold hands with our boyfriends, boys

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Was anyone at the game at The Old Den in 1978? My sister had a regular raffle at work where you could win tickets to Albion away games. The only time she ever won was for this game - she knew nothing about football and was very proud to give the tickets to me and her husband.

Peter Ward scored a fantastic goal, and until that point you wouldn't have known any Brighton fans were in the ground. A lot jumped up and celebrated in the seats, but I think they were charged by the Millwall behind the goal. I was behind the goal at the other end, and remember an old man walking around with a bottle in his hand saying "seen any Brighton?" We stayed mostly quiet. I saw my schoolfriend after the game being chased down the road by some 'Wall - he later told me they bit his neck open!!!

I was a teenager at the time, and although I have been to many, many away games over the years, I remember this one vividly. The walk to the ground through council estates on a misty, cold day past mounted police, together with the hostile and menacing atmosphere made it seem like a surreal vision of hell. While there were quite a few other violent experiences, notably at Cardiff and Palace in the old days, there was and is nothing quite like the Old Den. Strangely, I am glad I had the experience.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011

I agree with most of that. Last time I had a real go was with two Brighton fans (?) who turned on an older guy (Now my age) and nearly ripped his head off trying to nick his Wesr Ham scarf....
Having a go at you own fans showed me it was time to forget the naughty stuff and concentrate on the footy!

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
The only danger of going via train to/from LB and coward's walk is the risk of being crushed on the train back out from S Bermondsey - far worse than any Falmer train (and I gently introduce myself to the crush at London Road going!). Last time at Millwall (0-0 at night) it was torture - nose itching and arms tightly pinned by my sides so could not scratch it!
Saw us play twice at the Old Den in late summer 1964 - probably my first real introduction to football violence.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The only danger of going via train to/from LB and coward's walk is the risk of being crushed on the train back out from S Bermondsey - far worse than any Falmer train (and I gently introduce myself to the crush at London Road going!). Last time at Millwall (0-0 at night) it was torture - nose itching and arms tightly pinned by my sides so could not scratch it!
Saw us play twice at the Old Den in late summer 1964 - probably my first real introduction to football violence.

Its 4 minutes from South Bermondsey to London Bridge, try the same squash from Norwood Junction after the Palace game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here