Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can you score a legitimate goal from off the pitch?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wouldn't give you the time of day fella, now, as I said above, go away and play with your fairies if you have nothing legitimate to say to this thread. You are nothing more than an irritating rash.

I said it is shit. That's legitimate. Get over yourself.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I will answer the question.

When the cross was put in he was not offside. He was then off the pitch when Burn headed it - so couldn't be offside, as Burn was playing for us. Balogun then waved him back on and invited him to score. It was a perfectly legitimate, but shit, goal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lol, it's true though.
He acts like the snidest of hall-monitors with a clipboard featuring names on his naughty list.
Drip, perfectly put.

And what have I done to upset you, exactly?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I will answer the question.

When the cross was put in he was not offside. He was then off the pitch when Burn headed it - so couldn't be offside, as Burn was playing for us. Balogun then waved him back on and invited him to score. It was a perfectly legitimate, but shit, goal.

He was off the pitch though when the ball came his way, wasn't he?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not when the initial cross was played - he was onside then. By the time Burn headed it his momentum had taken him off the pitch.

OK, I just thought he was off the pitch, hence I wondered if you can score whilst off the pitch.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
In 1995, Matt Le Tissier said on ‘A Question of Sport’s’ ‘What happened next? round, that the Sneaky George goal shouldn’t have stood as Parris was off the pitch and should have asked permission to come back on.

I though Tiss was talking b0llocks then, and -24 years later- I still think it’s b0llocks now.
Legit goal.

As was tonight’s.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And what have I done to upset you, exactly?

You haven't upset me at all.
If you ever get some time, do an advanced search on NSC, type 'ignore' as a keyword, and search yourself.
Grab some popcorn and have a good old laugh. :lolol:

Well... if you're knocking out your 'online mates' to that extent, you really need to take a good long look at yourself.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're pissing off many I think with your petulant and patronising postings in the past few weeks.

No. I have called you out three times for three separate loads of old bollocks recently. Nothing to do with anyone else.

I'd normally take time out to explain if I disagree with someone, but you seem to have lost a bit of control, so I haven't bothered. And I suspected some latent agression...which you have now shown to be not so latent.

Easy enough to block you, but you don't strike me as a troll or the usual idiot.....not sure what's up......so, à bientôt...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No. I have called you out three times for three separate loads of old bollocks recently. Nothing to do with anyone else.

I'd normally take time out to explain if I disagree with someone, but you seem to have lost a bit of control, so I haven't bothered. And I suspected some latent agression...which you have now shown to be not so latent.

Easy enough to block you, but you don't strike me as a troll or the usual idiot.....not sure what's up......so, à bientôt...

You refereed to me the other day over something I said about someone else and included yourself in the post as if you had been attacked by me, despite the fact I hadn't and you just looked a complete idiot. I started this thread about legitimate goals and you had nothing to say other than attack me. You are a fool, and I have reported you. Now, do yourself a favour, take your foot off the pedal and stop thinking you are the darling of NSC. You are being a complete arse.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I see a good ol’ fashion bin-fest has kicked in, and long may it continue, but I do find this an interesting question.

If a forward is standing behind the goal line when a corner is swung in, then runs in and scores, is that legit? I assume the linesman is only watching the goal line/goalmouth and if an ‘injured’ player cropped up and scored, they might get away with one.

As you were, mind

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Gents... seriously you both sound like petulant little schoolboys. Now do us all a favour and calm the f**k down! :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You refereed to me the other day over something I said about someone else and included yourself in the post as if you had been attacked by me, despite the fact I hadn't and you just looked a complete idiot. I started this thread about legitimate goals and you had nothing to say other than attack me. You are a fool, and I have reported you. Now, do yourself a favour, take your foot off the pedal and stop thinking you are the darling of NSC. You are being a complete arse.

“Ever since they had some idiotic vote about decent posters on here and you sadly came out as one of them you've been nothing but a complete arse. Take your ego elsewhere you f**king drip.

You're posts are (in your world) incredibly worthy. Now go f**k off you imbecile.

Now, if you have nothing legitimate to add to this thread, can I suggest you f**k off and irritate other people on this board. Tosser.

I wouldn't give you the time of day fella, now, as I said above, go away and play with your fairies if you have nothing legitimate to say to this thread. You are nothing more than an irritating rash.

You refereed to me the other day over something I said about someone else and included yourself in the post as if you had been attacked by me, despite the fact I hadn't and you just looked a complete idiot. I started this thread about legitimate goals and you had nothing to say other than attack me. You are a fool, and I have reported you. Now, do yourself a favour, take your foot off the pedal and stop thinking you are the darling of NSC. You are being a complete arse.”

And you have reported me? OK. Right.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If you score direct from an in-swinging corner, and your standing foot is off the pitch when you strike the ball, that must count I would have thought.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
“Ever since they had some idiotic vote about decent posters on here and you sadly came out as one of them you've been nothing but a complete arse. Take your ego elsewhere you f**king drip.

You're posts are (in your world) incredibly worthy. Now go f**k off you imbecile.

Now, if you have nothing legitimate to add to this thread, can I suggest you f**k off and irritate other people on this board. Tosser.

You refereed to me the other day over something I said about someone else and included yourself in the post as if you had been attacked by me, despite the fact I hadn't and you just looked a complete idiot. I started this thread about legitimate goals and you had nothing to say other than attack me. You are a fool, and I have reported you. Now, do yourself a favour, take your foot off the pedal and stop thinking you are the darling of NSC. You are being a complete arse.”

And you have reported me? OK. Right.

That is one thread, this one, the one you decided to interrupt without any reply other than attack another poster. Of course you are totally blameless. You seem to think you own NSC these days.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If you score direct from an in-swinging corner, and your standing foot is off the pitch when you strike the ball, that must count I would have thought.

What I don't get, but I do remember a ball boy doing it at Man City in the 70s, is that anyone can actually score? Fan or player? If you're there, even off the pitch it is legit?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Lads please c’mon.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here