Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We absolutely battered them today. No it's .No buts. They were second best all over the pitch

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I wonder if those people who moaned about Stephens and the 'negative' line up will have changed their mind after that performance?

Someone was already on BBC Sussex identifying Stephens as the weak link because of the backwards passes cliche, this after producing 3 of the best forward passes in the game :lolol:

Thought he demonstrated just how effective a DM can be tonight, we should have won.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Someone was already on BBC Sussex identifying Stephens as the weak link because of the backwards passes cliche, this after producing 3 of the best forward passes in the game :lolol:

Thought he demonstrated just how effective a DM can be tonight, we should have won.

Would be a donut with his mind up pre match that DS is shite. The BBC team thought DS was excellent in all aspects.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
Thought Stephens was excellent today. One of his best games for us. March demonstrated again that he's really not dangerous enough as an attacking player. He seems scared to take a player on and his crossing is awful. I'd much rather have AK starting. At least he gives us some attacking threat .

bhafcjack

Nov 3, 2018
Brighton
Really good performance, disappointed we couldn't grab the 3 points after we dominated them in the last hour but a point against one of the top 6 isnt bad at all.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shame CH is so negative, some earlier subs would have seen us win that game imo

Andone on 60 mins and Bissouma not long after should have happened imo

I was disappointed with just a point in the end

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Thought his forward passing today was massively better than usual, so a strange time to single him out IMO

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It was slightly disappointing not to have gone all out for the win, but then againyou take a step back, realise you’ve put a quick halt to a run of 3 defeats in a row, and earned a point against a top side. It puts us 10pts above the relegations places and 3 above the team below us. Got to be happy really.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ridiculous moaning about players after a win.

Maybe he needed to get straight off to see his kid?

Hardly ridiculous as he booted the ball as hard as he could and threw his gloves and stomped off. That's not moaning about him but an observation of his demeanour

twickers

Jul 17, 2003

Real conundrum for Chris H today. Showed his experience in waiting to read the change of Arsenal's tactics when many managers would have felt pushed to make a change (which was probably planned and delayed whilst we got to grips with the Arsenal change). Nothing was broken, again many managers would have felt the pressure to make the changes from 70+ minutes, but I think he got it right.

Can't see what else he would have done, especially as Arsenal showed they can come right back into the game and it was essential the subs read the game right and kept that point as a priority and only picked the counter or play forward when we knew we weren't going to get undone on an Arsenal counter ourselves. His experience showed tonight.

The headlines will be about Emery getting it wrong, but full credit to Chris for his decisions tonight. As ever, grateful and delighted to have him as a manager playing the team as positive as the capability of the team will allow.

I would add, making the subs when he did and changing the tactics twice in the second half showed a slight arrogance/complacency/lack of respect...not sure what it was that Emery was thinking, but I'm happier as a Brighton fan tonight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was slightly disappointing not to have gone all out for the win, but then againyou take a step back, realise you’ve put a quick halt to a run of 3 defeats in a row, and earned a point against a top side. It puts us 10pts above the relegations places and 3 above the team below us. Got to be happy really.

Not meaning to come across as unhappy but I really felt Arsenal were there for the taking in the last 20. A point is better than I expected pre kickoff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here