Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
He did 2 things in 30 seconds when he came on that the whole team had failed to do in the previous amount of time played , firstly he scared the shit out of Fuzzy Bear which in turn lifted the previously comatose crowd , he lit the touchpaper , it was like a breath of fresh air , add to that a bit of Bissouma and it was a entirely different game , Chelsea looked Allatsea we nearly grabbed a point which looked totally out of reach at half time .

It was hilarious watching the Chelsea technical staff with their squiggly diagrams scratching their heads as to how best to deal with Andone , the younger one just lobbed his notebook after 80 minutes :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He did 2 things in 30 seconds when he came on that the whole team had failed to do in the previous amount of time played , firstly he scared the shit out of Fuzzy Bear which in turn lifted the previously comatose crowd , he lit the touchpaper , it was like a breath of fresh air , add to that a bit of Bissouma and it was a entirely different game , Chelsea looked Allatsea we nearly grabbed a point which looked totally out of reach at half time .

It was hilarious watching the Chelsea technical staff with their squiggly diagrams scratching their heads as to how best to deal with Andone , the younger one just lobbed his notebook after 80 minutes :lolol:

It's not surprising they didn't have a scouting report on Florin.
Jeeez it's pretty clear we haven't got one, why should they.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I bloody love him already. He can hold the ball up as well as Glenn (he’s very strong, difficult to push off the ball), has real pace (not like Glenn) and a fair bit of an attitude. Was watching him warming up pre-match and even then seemed to have a bit of intent about everything.

Got to be close to first choice starting CF.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I'd love to see both Murray and Andone as has already been said, but i dont see Hughton changing back to 442, tbf 4411 has served us pretty well, but you never know 442 might be even better.

Assuming Hughton wont change i'd like to see Andone start and Murray replace him late in the game, although he lacks pace his energy levels are really good and if tired defenders think it's job done as they see Andone head off the pitch, then they just might be surprised at how much they still have to do with a fresh Glenn Murray replacing him.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He is brilliant isn’t he?! Love him already. I can’t really see any merit in starting Murray anymore to be honest now, Andone offers so much more.

We need to progress and as Bernardo has proven in recent weeks, we need to edge out the old guard and replace them with these new, superior players. There is no way that Bong, Stephens and Murray should be starting ahead of Bernardo, Bissouma and Andone anymore.

I'm a huge fan of Andone but I think you're under valuing the opportunities that Murray creates and the impact he has on the team. I however would start Andone in most of our away games due to his energy levels and the hassle he causes defenders

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
As said before a 4-4-2 formation with Murray and Andone as a partnership at home against a bottom 10 side might be worth ago, as we are pretty much safe in mid table currently. It used to be that way in the championship.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bloody love him already. He can hold the ball up as well as Glenn (he’s very strong, difficult to push off the ball), has real pace (not like Glenn) and a fair bit of an attitude. Was watching him warming up pre-match and even then seemed to have a bit of intent about everything.

Got to be close to first choice starting CF.

At the very least we should be starting with Andone away from home; I can’t see any justification for starting Murray.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Would love to see Andone and another upfront too, but Andone is too adventurous for CH and goes against the defensive set up he likes to play. Suspect he will just try to bring him on as a sub if things are not going well, but I'd love to see him start more often. Looks a really lively player from what I've seen.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Andone started at Burnley. How did that go? Didn't see the game or highlights, so genuinely asking how he did. We lost and he didn't score, but how did he do leading the line from the off?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Andone started at Burnley. How did that go? Didn't see the game or highlights, so genuinely asking how he did. We lost and he didn't score, but how did he do leading the line from the off?

My understanding is that he was unable to make much of an impression and that he was substituted. It may be that his style of play is more suited to coming off the bench when he can concentrate his energy in a shorter time span.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I also thought Knocky was great in the first half, snapping at everything and everyone. Ran out of steam a bit in the second, but it's that attitude (which Andone has) which will destroy the lower teams and cause a few upsets with the big ones.

I totaly agree AK looked to be the only Brighton player who was not star struck in the first half, Adones introduction changed the tempo for everyone else in the team and like AK he was encouraging the North Stand to get behind the team Andone appears to be a steel at what was it £5 million

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
My understanding is that he was unable to make much of an impression and that he was substituted. It may be that his style of play is more suited to coming off the bench when he can concentrate his energy in a shorter time span.
That was what I heard. So not yet the definitive solution?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Don’t think so , he can run all day , unlike Murray who cant any more

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
The first thing we did, when introduced, was run into David Luiz.

The ball was dead but he entered the field of play with the intention of letting Luiz know he was now in a game.

Wonderful to see and set the tone for the remainder of the game.

Wasn't even just running into him. He gave him a rake with his studs. Marvellous! Not PC I know but this is exactly the sort of "disrespect" we should be dishing out.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

That was what I heard. So not yet the definitive solution?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He was injured for most of pre-season onwards until recently so hasn't had chance to get fully match fit, I would guess should come into the equation

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I was happy with the starting line up. But less happy with the tactics. We tried to outpass Chelsea at their own game, which was futile. Murray had, to my memory, zero crosses and few opportunities to win headers. If we were going to play that way, then Andone (and Bissouma) would have been the better personnel to start with, as the last 30 minutes proved.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here