Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] America and guns

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Indeed, and that's out of date and it's time it changed.

No it doesn't. That's like saying 'There's a house with 4 people living in it, and 100% of the people have guns, and they haven't killed each other, so that's proof that high gun ownership doesn't cause gun deaths'.
There are many more people in Chicago, so there is obviously likely to be more crime.

Suicides that might not happen if it weren't for owning a gun.

Didn't you introduce stricter gun laws after a mass shooting in Australia? And how many mass shootings have you had since then?

That part of the reason is out of date. There is still an attachment for those reasons though. But the other reason of facilitating self defence can be argued for, particularly in more rural areas.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The problem is insoluble, there is no shooting tragedy great enough to change their minds. It's always ironic when Trump bangs on about Muslim extremists committing acts of terror when so many Americans are shooting each other.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Yea maybe, would be nice if the next leftwing shill starting a thread on their fav issue, ie in this case bash USA/Bash Guns, that they actually bother to post a poll to gauge public opinion beyond the usual ill-informed blowhards with axes to grind.

I object to that. As originally stated, I was minded to start the thread after watching a documentary about big game hunting. I am no left wing shill and know plenty across the political spectrum who despair at the needless deaths due to guns. The USA element came in because the hunters featured were american and a lot of footage was in America. I have no agenda or desire to bash the USA. The impression is that many big game hunters are american. Big game hunting is understandably controversial.
[MENTION=12211]The Spanish[/MENTION], I don't know about the Philippines. I guess the special relationship with the US and is free(er) media mean we get to hear their terrible stories. Are there many tragic accidents out there involving children getting hold of loaded guns, or is it mainly organised crime out there?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
About 10 minutes from the end when the guy starts getting Biblical ... now THAT is scary.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
[MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] is correct.

They become numb to the rhetoric of gun control because it’s never talked about beyond 3 days after the incident, unless it’s committed by ISIS/a non-white.

Sandy hook? Vegas? Miami? Churches?

Lots of prayers. Zero action. The NRA has too much power and money.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
[MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] is correct.

They become numb to the rhetoric of gun control because it’s never talked about beyond 3 days after the incident, unless it’s committed by ISIS/a non-white.

Sandy hook? Vegas? Miami? Churches?

Lots of prayers. Zero action. The NRA has too much power and money.

Thoughts and prayers at this time when 'x' number of people (kids, adults, whatever) were shot dead or wounded by someone with a gun.
Arm school teachers.
Actually, arm the kids
Actually, give the headmaster a rocket launcher.
Actually, give the school governor a ****ing nuclear warhead.

Hang on .......
Give the kids a nuclear warhead.

Jul 7, 2003
12 year old girl arrested at a school after wounding 2. Kind of fecking ridiculous really.

Now thought to be an accidental shooting as she didn't realise the semi-automatic weapon was a real gun. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42914571

Some dreadful stats in that article - According to a website tracking US Gun Violence Archive, there were over 2,000 unintentional shootings in the country in 2017. This incident is the 166th accidental shooting so far this year.

Luckily, there is not a problem with gun control in the US - just think how many people could be accidentally shot if they weren't so careful:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here