Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] What's the bestest film ending ever - Warning MAY contain spoilers!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Seven - had a great ending, what was in the box?

Genuinely one of my the most disappointing film endings for me.

Felt like they spent ages building up to this final showdown and then rushed through the ending because they realised they’d ran out of time. The movie equivalent of having some little sort whispering filth in your ear all night and then blurting your beans after 30 seconds when you finally get her home.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Brilliant, but not the ending...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Genuinely one of my the most disappointing film endings for me.

Felt like they spent ages building up to this final showdown and then rushed through the ending because they realised they’d ran out of time. The movie equivalent of having some little sort whispering filth in your ear all night and then blurting your beans after 30 seconds when you finally get her home.

How is that different to normal?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This. Only time to this day I've ever seen an entire cinema audience jump clean out of their seats :eek:

I took a girl to see Carrie when it first came out
I was very keen on this young lady, she was a real corker, I was punching way above my weight. Anyway, I’d already seen the film when I took her, and, for the life of me, I still don’t know why I did it, but, at the grave scene at the end, I grabbed my perfect dates wrist at exactly the same time as it happened on the screen.
Pandemonium!! She screamed, and I mean really screamed and wouldn’t stop, I was trying to apologise, the couple behind us were in hysterics, and, just about everyone else in the cinema was telling me what dickhead I was. Even the manager had a go at me, and banned me for six months.

I had to phone the girls mum to come and get her, and I had to explain what had happened. The poor girl never, ever spoke to me again, not one word, and whenever I saw her out in town, she would look at me with such contempt I would just blush and go and hide.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I took a girl to see Carrie when it first came out
I was very keen on this young lady, she was a real corker, I was punching way above my weight. Anyway, I’d already seen the film when I took her, and, for the life of me, I still don’t know why I did it, but, at the grave scene at the end, I grabbed my perfect dates wrist at exactly the same time as it happened on the screen.
Pandemonium!! She screamed, and I mean really screamed and wouldn’t stop, I was trying to apologise, the couple behind us were in hysterics, and, just about everyone else in the cinema was telling me what dickhead I was. Even the manager had a go at me, and banned me for six months.

I had to phone the girls mum to come and get her, and I had to explain what had happened. The poor girl never, ever spoke to me again, not one word, and whenever I saw her out in town, she would look at me with such contempt I would just blush and go and hide.

:lolol:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
The Exorcist springs to mind along with probably a lesser known film called , The Mist , in itself the Mist is your run of the mill gory creature fare until the ending , it made my stomach turn , perhaps it was just me but i had a sense that those in the cinema leaving after the film had the same WTF feeling , well worth a watch for the ending itself .

I was more amazed at seeing Toby Jones playing a US convenience store clerk in that B Movie. A couple of the cast were reunited in The Walking Dead, also directed by Frank Darabont.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Tough question. Usual Suspects is a good shout for a 'what you thought you just witnesed? Nah'. Similar to Usual Suspects would be Memento. I often like Chris Nolan's endings because they can leave you asking questions, such as Inception and whether or not we're still in a dream. Similar to that is the end of Shutter Island where you're left to query has he really forgotten? Or eXistenz ("We're still in the game... right?")

It's a bit more than an end scene, but I love the finale to Clue (the home video edition with all three endings).

Back to the future's ending suggesting a sequel or more to come.

Haute Tension had a good ending.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

That’s not the end though.

“Too bad she won’t live. Then again, who does?”

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Dead Poets Society.

“Oh Captain, my Captain!”

Ending with Robin Williams’s

“Thank you boys. Thank you.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here