Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glen Kamara

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
YES - but at a PRICE perhaps !

Again top dollar for us and top dollar for the financial cripples that is Rangers are 2 very different figures.

Say the Albion's final figure was £5m.

Rangers can't turn down £4,899,000 profit (less Dundee's cut) for 6 months work.
The Albion get a player cheaper than some of it's under 23's squad.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I will be genuinely shocked if we ship Stephens out. Kayal is a squad player who may get more chances and Propper I would hate to lose, but accept that he’ll be off if Ajax want him and are willing to pay top dollar.

We do need more midfield options though even if all three and Bissouma stay.

Stephens to Wolves, 20 million?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Again top dollar for us and top dollar for the financial cripples that is Rangers are 2 very different figures.

Say the Albion's final figure was £5m.

Rangers can't turn down £4,899,000 profit (less Dundee's cut) for 6 months work.
The Albion get a player cheaper than some of it's under 23's squad.

Perhaps it will happen but, on the basis of the length of his deal, Rangers who are looking to end Celtic's domination of Scottish football following their (Rangers) unjustified decline into liquidation in 2012 ( Rangers at that time were in Champions League yearly and were financially sound except that their Holding Company went bust and dragged Rangers down with them).

So in answer to your point, and whilst knowing little of 'Rangers' current financial position, Steven Gerrard and his team will not let GK slip away for peanuts !

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps it will happen but, on the basis of the length of his deal, Rangers who are looking to end Celtic's domination of Scottish football following their (Rangers) unjustified decline into liquidation in 2012 ( Rangers at that time were in Champions League yearly and were financially sound except that their Holding Company went bust and dragged Rangers down with them).

So in answer to your point, and whilst knowing little of 'Rangers' current financial position, Steven Gerrard and his team will not let GK slip away for peanuts !

What is the player wants out, which he appears to?... how many on here would be saying he will be off then if it was one of our players?... if he wants out, then he will get his wish... player power and all that...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Potter might do it?

It’s possible that he won’t play with a DM. He likes a good box to box midfielder, I’m not sure Stephens is his man.

Wasn't he just that at Charlton (admittedly well down the league structure)?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Stephens is a far better player than Hughton allowed him to be (Propper was going down the same route).

Back on the post I’m very sceptical about players doing well in Scotland, it’s lower end Championship standard.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stephens is a far better player than Hughton allowed him to be (Propper was going down the same route).

Back on the post I’m very sceptical about players doing well in Scotland, it’s lower end Championship standard.

From reports I believe he was somewhat disappointed to be let got by Arsenal.
Took at little while to get his pooh together at Dundee (close to home!)
At Rangers he's now found his form and has the added bonus of having a point to prove.

TBH I don't think Scotchland has much to with him as a player, that was just his port in a storm.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully there is a release clause that'll make it easier to get him. Might not be too much either as Rangers signed him for only £50K.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully there is a release clause that'll make it easier to get him. Might not be too much either as Rangers signed him for only £50K.

Stevie G said that his value will increase by £10M, so he isn't keen to sell... tough on you Stevie if the player wants out, then you are ****ed...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Rangers wont allow him to leave now IMO !

Rangers signed him on a pre contract agreement in December (?) last year but, on the basis that Dundee knew he was going to go, agreed an immediate deal for him to join Rangers for £50,000 yes £50 grand on a four and half year deal. - the deal of the century perhaps !

So what would Rangers let him go for - let me think ????

Irrelevant if player wants to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Errr, gone a little bit quiet ...

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It may have got lost amongst the awful events, but Jonathan Pearce mentioned in commentary that we are lining up Kamara as a potential replacement for Bissouma.

Would make sense, at this time I'd be reticent to rely upon Moder, Alzate or Caicedo to fill a Bissouma size hole.

Kamara might actually be a serious target this time.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It may have got lost amongst the awful events, but Jonathan Pearce mentioned in commentary that we are lining up Kamara as a potential replacement for Bissouma.

Would make sense, at this time I'd be reticent to rely upon Moder, Alzate or Caicedo to fill a Bissouma size hole.

Interesting

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

I'm pretty sure that this comment came from our historic interest. We'd have heard it from paper speculation if we'd have approached Rangers. Caicedo is the man I think to replace Yves.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm pretty sure that this comment came from our historic interest. We'd have heard it from paper speculation if we'd have approached Rangers. Caicedo is the man I think to replace Yves.

I also think his comments were based on old rumours. But not so sure we'd heard from paper speculation if there was any contact - the Veltman signing went completely unnoticed until it happened and rumours about Karbo and Moder first appeared when the deals were pretty much done. Unlike in many clubs there doesnt seem to be any sources leaking a lot of information about Brightons dealings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here