Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What's the creepiest thing you've ever done in pursuing the object of your desire...

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I walked a much longer route to my uni lectures in the hope of bumping into her on the way. I asked a mate once, "is that stalking?" He said, "nahhh, just increasing your chances"

Fairly tame anecdote I suppose

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
A former colleague (who considered himself a lothario) wrote to DVLA to get the name and address of the female owner of a car, who he fancied from seeing her in Tesco’s car park Uckfield.

This was in the 90’s, pre the modern Data Protection rules.

He did end up dating her, before she went back to her ex.

Separately, he also used to slip notes in with his typing to temp secretaries, asking them out. I think it seldom worked.

So once he'd got her name and address how did he use that info? Did he just turn up on her doorstep or did he arrange to accidentally bump into her by hanging around outside her house until she came out and then pretend to be just walking past? And did he ever confess the "creepy" lengths he'd gone to to find out about her.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
That’s not just creepy, it’s also stalking, and abuse of a public office.

Nothing I’ve done in pursuit of a woman comes remotely close to that, so I’m prepared to hazard a guess that not many will say what you describe is normal or acceptable behaviour.

It was in the days before stalking was defined as an offence (late 80s) so you could get away with much more then. But I agree, the fact that he did this on police time was an abuse of public office and resources. A lot of his time on duty was spent either driving up and down past her house or following me around or getting colleagues to.

A lot of other stuff went on which I haven't even touched on but rather than dealing with the issue properly the police were more concerned about hushing it up and letting him leave quietly. They even gave him an "exemplary" service record in return which he later used to get a more lenient sentence when he was himself prosecuted and found guilty of fraud about ten years later.

My experiences with that officer and his colleagues is why I'm very cynical whenever I read about the police using a lack of resources as an excuse for not being able to respond to crime because I just think about that officer.

Unfortunately it still goes on today. There was the recent case of the Sussex Police Inspector, Rob Leet, who was having an affair with a female police officer while on duty and as a result she once failed to attend to a fatal car accident. He was also having sex with a vulnerable abuse victim whilst on duty which was not just an abuse of public office but an abuse of his position to exploit the woman's vulnerability. This is a man who rose to the rank of inspector which is a concerning indictment of the calibre of Sussex Police personnel and particularly those in positions of authority.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theargus.co.uk/news/17576564.amp/

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I reckon postmen are big offenders when it comes to this sort of thing , waking women up at 7 am asking them to look after parcels for people that live 10 doors away is a definite sign they're up to no good or just want to see the lady looking a bit rough before the slap goes on , probably not so much these days since the abolition of 2 deliveries but i can remember seeing posties delivering mail at 6am before , be lucky to one before 9am these days , i wonder how many managed to bond with their chosen victims and end up delivering a bit more than a birthday card .

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I used to live in the flats opposite an absolute belter of a cutie when I was in my early 20's. She had a little yellow 'Cinquecento' and walking back from the nightclub I found one of those single red roses on the floor (remember people used to sell them?!). I put it under her windscreen wiper, then went inside and penned my phone number and a little 'Hey, my name is... I live opposite and drive the grey Peugeot, and if you'd like to go for a drink..." etc.

I saw the rose on the floor next to where the car was parked the next day, and she never called.

Ah well.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I once sent the same message to all the women on my Facebook friends list, waited for the replies and ended up going out with a girl for about a year..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I once sent the same message to all the women on my Facebook friends list, waited for the replies and ended up going out with a girl for about a year..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

le48e.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I used to live in the flats opposite an absolute belter of a cutie when I was in my early 20's. She had a little yellow 'Cinquecento' and walking back from the nightclub I found one of those single red roses on the floor (remember people used to sell them?!). I put it under her windscreen wiper, then went inside and penned my phone number and a little 'Hey, my name is... I live opposite and drive the grey Peugeot, and if you'd like to go for a drink..." etc.

I saw the rose on the floor next to where the car was parked the next day, and she never called.

Ah well.

The grey Peugeot would have done it. Dull car, dull colour, dull man OBVIOUSLY :wink:

She drove a car with character FFS, you should have left your dull car out of the equation...and mentioned how much you liked hers. Unless your grey car was a 205 1.9 Gti, in which case you dodged a bullet :smile:

Last edited:

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
The grey Peugeot would have done it. Dull car, dull colour, dull man OBVIOUSLY :wink:

She drove a car with character FFS, you should have left your dull car out of the equation...and mentioned how much you liked hers. Unless your grey car was a 205 1.9 Gti, in which case you dodged a bullet :smile:

It was a three year old 205GTi 1.6. almost there... :D

Not a bad car for a 23 year old at the time!

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Hers was a 'Sporting' version....

Turns out her Dad was in a famous band in the 60's, too. Only found that out years later. Could've married her and made good money with signed memorabilia from the Father in Law. :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hers was a 'Sporting' version....

Turns out her Dad was in a famous band in the 60's, too. Only found that out years later. Could've married her and made good money with signed memorabilia from the Father in Law. :lolol:

You CANNOT leave it at that, which band?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So once he'd got her name and address how did he use that info? Did he just turn up on her doorstep or did he arrange to accidentally bump into her by hanging around outside her house until she came out and then pretend to be just walking past? And did he ever confess the "creepy" lengths he'd gone to to find out about her.

It was 20 years ago, but I think he waited until the following Saturday morning groceries shop at Tesco's Uckfield, where he approached her and said "Hi Amanda (or whoever), I hope you don't mind me saying, but I think you're very pretty. ........ ". He must've then revealed that he'd tracked down her name.

He was relentless to use his expression "In chasing tail", so this one came off (for a short while), but many more females told him to get lost. I worked with him for 25 years, and he never changed. He was actually quite insecure and prone to getting badly down when dumped.

He also got financially stung (very early on after the collapse of the Warsaw Pact) with a faux beauty in the former USSR, in a telephone or internet dating con. That's another story!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Ah well.

Bitch. Her loss. :lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I reckon postmen are big offenders when it comes to this sort of thing , waking women up at 7 am asking them to look after parcels for people that live 10 doors away is a definite sign they're up to no good or just want to see the lady looking a bit rough before the slap goes on , probably not so much these days since the abolition of 2 deliveries but i can remember seeing posties delivering mail at 6am before , be lucky to one before 9am these days , i wonder how many managed to bond with their chosen victims and end up delivering a bit more than a birthday card .

You're a postman aren't you .

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I used to work in A&E at the royal Sussex and I can confirm that cops are the worst for stalking and odd behaviour.

We had one sister there who was very fit and a single mum. She had a boyfriend who was a bit of a dick and she was lusted after by an inspector who used to hang around the department “chatting” to her.

He found out (from her) that the boyfriend used to drink in a particular pub and would sometimes have a couple or three beers before driving home (he owned a small driving school) so set up a massive perimeter around this guys house with uniforms in every road nearby. BANG one night he’s pulled for DD and breathalyser. Over the limit. Next thing the guys ruined, no job, no driving school no nothing.

She dumps him...in moves our friendly policemen to “comfort” her.

What a ****.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I asked on NSC if when you see someone bang lovely and you've known them all your life (on and off) and you think yes please, where do you go?

And you were advised. Leave your sisters bedroom immediately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here