Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This nonsense about being effectively promoted tomorrow because of our superior GD

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We also run the risk of [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] doing something fudging stupid with orange, on the 'can't catch us thread'.

And I'm not having that.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I so want it to be at Norwich with repeated choruses of 'Chrissy Hughton's Blue & White Army' booming out.

Then capped at the end of the game with the boss walking across the Carrow Road pitch to acknowledge the Albion support with a knowing smile to the bewildered Norwich supporters that says, "You should have stuck with me you carrot crunchers".

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hudds lose, we win tomorrow and we have preliminary/warm up celebrations ahead of the formal affair at home on Monday. Everyone's happy??

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I have been one of the most dibelieving people on the planet this season constantly worrying and then celebrating then worrying. If Preston and BHA win tomorrow we are up. FACT.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The scenario I want most is to seal promotion on Monday at the final whistle and to celebrate with those who I have stood with for the past 5 years. If we don't do it then, then I want Huddersfield to beat Derby so we can get there on the next final whistle at Norwich.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Is anyone really wetting themselves that it isn't going to happen though? For me, it is when it is mathematically certain and that's when it will really sink in. Doesn't mean I think Huddersfield will overhaul it.

I'll compare it to when you get married. You're waiting for the bride to arrive so there is a little worry. She's there and walking down the aisle (or whatever in the venue you are at). It's looking more then likely but not yet certain. The priest/registrar etc get's to the bit about anyone here know just cause why they shouldn't get married . Silence, so it's even closer. You say your vows but it's not until you get the 'I know pronounce you man and wife' that the deal is done (ok, it might not be official till you sign the registra but you get the gist). Well same with promotion!

But what if one of you is already married so you're committing bigamy?!

The analogy with our situation is getting another 15 points to the end of season then getting a twenty points deduction for going bust or TB to be found (rather belatedly) as not a fit and proper person to own the club?

Or CH incurring such a penalty for over-exuberance on the touch line.

Or Trump declaring a nuclear war pre-season? Oh hang on, maybe not so unlikely......!?

Suggest the mods close all these threads, from both the ultimate pessimists and the triumphalists......!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I will also be there tomorrow. Very relaxed about the match and seeing it as another away day out. I won't worry if Wolves win at all.

The thing about achieving promotion over Easter is that it takes all of the excitement out of the end of the season.

We can deal with that by losing the next four matches and keeping our fingers crossed.

Go for it, Chris.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Just get a grip people. Until it is mathematically done we are not promoted.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
I'll be losing all grip on reality if Preston and Albion both win tomorrow...

Because in the real world we are up if that were to happen :)

:albion2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why are some of you wanting to reduce the amount of times we celebrate?

I want to celebrate 'just about promoted' and 'actually promoted' alike. And then 'promoted as Champions' please :)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We are in a strange position, a bit like our promotion to the Championship. 16 points ahead of game in hand Southampton, with 5 games to go and we finished just 3 points ahead of them. They won all their last games and we only added 5 points from 5.

Right this second we need 2 wins to be mathematically certain but it might turn out that we don’t need any at all. It has a hanging around in purgatory feel about it and awaiting a final judgment.

Still it feels a lot nicer than scrapping for points just to get in the playoffs.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just get a grip people. Until it is mathematically done we are not promoted.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Ow we are Sir. Kick back, enjoy, invite your neighbours for a drink BECAUSE WE ARE BACK IN THE BIG TIME! Baby! :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It may be the latent accountant in me but it really hacks me off.

If we are 15 points ahead with Huddersfield with 5 games to go, the assumption is that even if we lose 4 and they win 5 they won't overtake us on goal difference. But they could and therefore it is not promotion, effectively or not.

Well it's 35 goals to make up. Say we lose all four of us 3-0 like at Forest, that's 12 of them. Could be worse at Norwich if they are on fire! 23 goals in the Huddersfield games is only 5-0 in four and 3-0 in another.

Oh okay, yes it isn't going to happen is it. But the phrase does for some reason make my blood boil. :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Wouldn't it be just lovely if every NSC registered member decided to start a thread on whatever at that moment came into their head?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not forgetting, we have to be ahead of Newcastle on points, or even on points on goal difference or even on goal difference on goals scored. Otherwise even and we lose on the head to head results.

Hellingull

Jan 27, 2017
If we win and Huddersfield lose tomorrow then I think we can pop the cork and hopefully pour a glass on Monday 🙂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here