Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
So they won the Dutch 2nd div - and only lost a small amount of games. Confused that he played against Ajax the year before - I guess cup match or they went down? Either way he sounds a good buy given he was player of the year for the team that won the Dutch2nd league...

Welcome Iranian Al (if he signs which is always doubtful of course)

Your right they were relegated 2013-14 season and came straight back up last season by winning the 2nd div

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, and, sauce!?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If this is true and we do sign him then i hope he and Kayal arent going to keep blame each other when things get tense!

I know you're only joking, but for what it's worth, Kayal is of Arab Israeli background, I believe. He's not Jewish.

Then again, Iranians are generally Persians, as opposed to Arabs, so....

:)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We won't get him if a premier League team is interested. Best forget about this one.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Trouble is we can agree a fee with the club but if his agent wants him to go to Celtic or Norwich as reported and they offer more that's where he'll end up
Hope he comes to the Albion as he sounds decent but . . . Premier League money will probably win out yet again <sigh>

To be fair to him, it would probably be as much the Premier League status as the money, surely? Any player would want to play in the highest league he can. Bloody unfair if Norwich want him though. They already have Redmond, who I think is a great player. They don't need MORE wingers :(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fingers crossed that

1) This is true
2) He is pacey
3) He can actually play football
4) We can offer him something Norwich and Celtic can't, which will be a starting place if he's half reasonable.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Could the Norwich interest come from last year when Hughton was their manager? He said he'd tried to sign Kayal for Norwich but it didn't come off so maybe his chap is someone Hughton has targeted before.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Shares the same birthday as me (although a fair bit younger :down: ) and plays for Nijmegen a place I used to frequent/drink in regularly.
Plus ticks the financial side as the name will make money in shirt printing.
Its fate he's coming.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A bearded wonder no less............

[yt]739OnDfAeD0[/yt]

Looks pretty impressive.

And having an Iranian in the squad might help us tick a box somewhere about doing our bit for World Peace. Brighton is, after all, a haven of brotherly love and tolerance. That's as long as he doesn't go to Lewes for Bonfire Night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here