Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’m not saying it to impress you flower,just pointing out that We will be allowed to travel after We exit the EU on 29th March 2019.All your scary stories aren’t coming true.
On a side note,I bet you’re a great laugh out on the lash?A thoroughly depressing individual with the ability to bore the sweetcorn out if a turd with your tales of doom.liven up,go and get yourself a bunk up FFS.

On our way.

Of course you weren't petal. I don't think anyone has ever said that you can't go on holiday after Brexit :facepalm:

digging_a_hole-300x235.jpg

You are certainly on your way, you just don't know when to stop, do you :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Two weeks in Cancun,Christmas shopping in New York and then 10 days in Cyprus next spring,unless you’re going to put a travel ban on Cyprus...

Cancun - shithole full of all inclusive Brits chomping sausage and chips. Doubt you’ll leave the gated resort.

New York at Christmas - only an idiot would bother with this. New Yorkers are fraught at the best of times.

Cyprus - yeah, actually a good choice. Lovely place.

Sorry, just you continually mention your holiday destinations so I assume you were looking for a comment.

Agree Cancun is a complete pit of a place. Bypassed it and drove 4 hours south to the real Mexico

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not from you Lofty,the other dry lunch that stalks this thread like a gloomy stench was inferring that I’ll be stranded in limbo with My blue passport,unable to travel.

On our way.

Well, you don’t get to pick and choose who answers. Basics aside, you seem to mention your holiday destinations a lot, I thought you may fishing for some sort of comment.

I’m actually of the opinion that travelling for holidays won’t be that much more hassle, I am anticipating longer queues for those with a British passport though.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Two weeks in Cancun,Christmas shopping in New York and then 10 days in Cyprus next spring,unless you’re going to put a travel ban on Cyprus...

On our way.

:lolol: and apparently its the remoaners who are the smug elite who hate the UK. Nothing like showing off about your holidays to prove you're a man of the people, down to earth brexiteer.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
BrExit - the countdown to 11PM GMT on Friday 29th of March 2019

:lolol: and apparently its the remoaners who are the smug elite who hate the UK. Nothing like showing off about your holidays to prove you're a man of the people, down to earth brexiteer.

I’m not showing off at all sugar lump,just pointing out to some of the doom and gloom Merchants that, contrary to what the sad sacks say I will be allowed to travel after we leave the EU on March 29th 2019.

On our way.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’m not showing off at all sugar lump,just pointing out to some of the doom and gloom Merchants that, contrary to what the sad sacks say I will be allowed to travel after we leave the EU on March 29th 2019.

On our way.

As I said earlier and you ignored, I don't ever recall anyone saying that you can't go on holiday after Brexit.

Maybe you could show us 'the sad sack' where this was said ? Because I'm sure you wouldn't have made it up ???

Last edited:

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

On our way.

On your way on holiday. Enjoy my friend, those who work for Honda might not be able to.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...cted-to-confirm-factory-closure-business-live

While the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders has not commented directly on Honda’s reasoning, it’s clear that Brexit is still on the industry’s mind.

Mike Hawes, SMMT Chief Executive:
“Today’s announcement is a huge blow to UK automotive manufacturing, and for the Honda plant’s highly skilled and productive workforce. Whilst production will continue in Swindon until 2021, giving government and industry time to help affected employees and the local supply chain, which supports a further 10,000 jobs, this is, nevertheless, devastating news.

The challenges facing Honda are not unique. The global automotive industry is facing fundamental changes: technological, commercial and environmental, as well as escalating trade tensions, and all manufacturers are facing difficult decisions.

The UK should be at the forefront of these changes, championing its competitiveness and innovation, rather than having to focus resources on the need to avoid a catastrophic ‘no-deal’ Brexit.''

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
**** My old daisies,what are you not understanding?
https://twitter.com/brexitcentral/status/1097798414685929472?s=21

On our way.

No no no even when the senior VP For Honda Europe says it's not a Brexit related decision it's still not good enough for the plums on here. To recap, when a company mentions Brexit uncertainity as one factor in relocating business or jobs it's entirely about Brexit and when companies specifically say Brexit is not a factor they are telling porkies and it really is about Brexit :rolleyes::facepalm: :dunce:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have to ask one of the most lucid Brexiteers on here, what exactly do you think is going to happen on 29th of next month

(and you know I am going to quote this answer in a few weeks :))

We'll be complaining that the upper tiers haven't been opened for ourFA Cup semi-final against Palace :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes, by Ted Heath.

Errrr .... no. Ted Heath admitted in a TV interview in the 80s that 'closer political union' mentions were purposely avoided during the 1975 referendum as pro-EEC members of his cabinet believed it would encourage people to vote not to stay.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Delays at borders

[tweet]1097829292124327937[/tweet]

Wouldn't want to be a farmer.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...bour-split-jeremy-corbyn-brexit-politics-live

Gove today confirmed this pointing out the EU had, with six weeks not classified the UK as a “third country” which will only happen after these audits are complete.

“The EU still have not listed the UK as a full third country…as I speak there is no absolute guarantee we will continue to be able to export to the EU,” he told farmers.

He also said that the dangers of no deal would not be removed if, in future, a trade deal was sealed between the UK and the EU.

Once tariffs are imposed by the EU on British exports “it will be difficult to reestablish that market access even if tariffs reduced in the future.”

He also admitted that there in the event of no deal there will be delays in Calais as fresh food exports and animals will all be subject to mandatory checks.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
More terrible news for the gloomerati crew ...

UK employment hits another record high

Real wages highest since 2011

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47290331

A quick reminder of what the gloomerati claimed would happen '...a vote to leave would represent an immediate and profound shock to our economy. That shock would push our economy into a recession and lead to an increase in unemployment of around 500,000'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More terrible news for the gloomerati crew ...

UK employment hits another record high

Real wages highest since 2011

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47290331

A quick reminder of what the gloomerati claimed would happen '...a vote to leave would represent an immediate and profound shock to our economy. That shock would push our economy into a recession and lead to an increase in unemployment of around 500,000'

God bless the EU and all it's doing for us.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You're food is getting more expensive.

[tweet]1097819350759817216[/tweet]

Remainers have many times in this thread wanted Britain, after Brexit, to retain EU standards in employment law etc. Would you like below EU standard food to be imported into Britain for human consumption?

From the Guardian: 'In an address to the National Farmers’ Union annual conference on Tuesday he is expected to also vow to minimise the risk that food producers will be left at “competitive disadvantage” in the face of cheaper imports that are below EU standards.

His words follow a recent warning from senior figures in the US that if the UK chooses after Brexit to adhere to EU regulations, which ban chlorinated chicken and hormone-fed beef, then trade talks will be difficult.'

Another case of wanting to have your cake and eat it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here