Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Schools 4 Climate Action - great turn out in Brighton

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
So are workers who strike over pay and pensions and such just being bribed with a day off work??

Do you really not see the difference between adults concerned about their working lives and impressionable children? Surely you cannot be that naive?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Climate Change or not, there has been a hell of a lot of hot air released on NSC today.
This must be the only football forum in which one would expect to see over twenty pages of snarling righteousness about a schoolchildren 'strike' re climate change.
Good old Brighton, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Or just clear off, if you don't like it?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Brilliant to see so many youngsters being politically engaged and taking an interest in their future (and a bunk off school...).

They are being left with a tough legacy of a decade of austerity, a political transformation in our relationship with our neighbours, antipathy toward the real challenges facing the planet. As Peter Kay would say, they are the future. :)

So well done the protestors across the country.:clap2:

These protesters have not got a clue about life , where they should be protesting is in the third world , where most harm is done to the planet

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Climate Change or not, there has been a hell of a lot of hot air released on NSC today.
This must be the only football forum in which one would expect to see over twenty pages of snarling righteousness about a schoolchildren 'strike' re climate change.
Good old Brighton, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

There would have been nothing of the sort without the damning cynicism. Total hypocrisy not to see this thread only erupted because a load of grumpy bores. Reading your own insightful comments, I’d suggesting crying would suit you. :thumbsup:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Petrol cars should have been banned ages ago! We had the tech to do it but not one government bothered. They also did not invest enough in clean energy. The amount of clean energy we and other developed countries produce is nothing short of embarresing! There should have a MASSIVE push for this decades ago! Why not?

At last something concrete! Perhaps the reason is that to have banned this and that would have been electorally disastrous -we the people would not have wanted to be inconvenienced. Disappointing but I suppose understandable. I am sure that more could and should have been done, however, but can offer nothing more concrete than that. I do, however, recall that it took ages to bring in lead-free petrol in the 80s; I was in Germany at the time, and they manged it at a much faster rate than other cou ntries.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Adults concerned about their working lives and childeren concerned about their lives amd future? No. Seems very similar to me.

If you accept that all those kids are that concerned, that is. But I don't think that you could be that naive.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
There would have been nothing of the sort without the damning cynicism. Total hypocrisy not to see this thread only erupted because a load of grumpy bores. Reading your own insightful comments, I’d suggesting crying would suit you. :thumbsup:

Damning cynicism or harsh reality, Bold Seagull?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Here we have fifty-something man, someone who claims to be an educationalist - trolling and bullying kids who urgently want to debate climate change

Pretty nasty really...

Capture.JPG

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Damning cynicism or harsh reality, Bold Seagull?

Snarling righteousness or balanced opinion. You’re the one not knowing whether to laugh or cry, evidently unable to comprehend people might actually think differently to you - thank goodness.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Here we have fifty-something man, someone who claims to be an educationalist - trolling and bullying kids who urgently want to debate climate change

Pretty nasty really...

Capture.JPG

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Thanks, I was being totally honest and not hiding behind the anonymity of the internet to make myself look good. I do genuinely feel sad that few folk are really determined to have a go. I am not totally innocent; I will drive abroad and have flown on occasion and probably done a few other environmentally nasty things, as we all have. But in isolation, what can i do? To give a concrete example -we go camping a lot and and on the sites there are always marked bins for normal rubbish and recycling - it could not be easier. Yet it is literally an everyday sight to see bottles and cans mixed up with normal rubbish and not recycled.

I get so depressed looking at roadside verges, millions of tonnes of rubbish lie in them just casually and without thought tossed from passing cars every single day. The only way to truly prevent is to stop manufacturing drinks and snacks. A total ban on crisps. canned drinks, junk food, fags, vapours etc because that’s 99% of litter along roadsides. But it’s never going to happen. We’re too lazy and entitled as a species. Nope, this planets dying and I’d hate to be born in 2080 or so. That generation really will have some pressing issues to resolve!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
You really couldn't make it up that you can write that and call other people ignorant.

So are you suggesting that it's fine for starving people in Africa to have six or seven kids? To me that's ignorance. Not sure how else to describe it. If you think that's quite OK and that they should continue to bring babies into this world that they cannot feed, then I'd be interested to understand your logic.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So are you suggesting that it's fine for starving people in Africa to have six or seven kids? To me that's ignorance. Not sure how else to describe it. If you think that's quite OK and that they should continue to bring babies into this world that they cannot feed, then I'd be interested to understand your logic.

If you read into the reasons, it’s more complicated than you think, and less simple than just calling a billion people ignorant. Ignorance is not knowing enough about something q.e.d.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Didn't realise you'd appointed yourself as spokesman on behalf of the majority of NSC.[\QUOTE]

But will probably carry out the role in a far less patronising manner than you have for the last few years,

Love the new moniker by the way :thumbsup:

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Pretty nasty really...

View attachment 104664

Come on, it’s pretty accurate despite the tone. Some of those Kids may have laudable intents but it’s absolutely not going to make any difference and as Mr Young says, picking up some of the shit their age group dumps in hedgerows, on pavements, in gardens etc every morning on way to school would be better. Action speaks louder than words afterall.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
This is just pathetic really. The kids try and highlight an issue which, quite frankly, has been ignored by the people in power for ever and all they get is sneers from people. This really does highlight the vast chasm between the older generations and, well, reality.

You've not heard of the climate change act of 2008 then?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I'm sure alot of the kids today were just happy to take the day off ie the group that some on NSC have, intentionally or not focused on. A lot of the kids are serious and to deny a problem with the planet is stupid (being kind). Blame kids for litter, ignore crap the world has been pumping into the air for decades. I filled a fecking bingo card on expected responses pretty quickly

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm sure alot of the kids today were just happy to take the day off ie the group that some on NSC have, intentionally or not focused on. A lot of the kids are serious and to deny a problem with the planet is stupid (being kind). Blame kids for litter, ignore crap the world has been pumping into the air for decades. I filled a fecking bingo card on expected responses pretty quickly

Don't forget to blame developing countries.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here