Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Eat in Fish & Chips in Brighton.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The likes of Bardsley's and Bankers are all well and good, (many thanks for suggesting them), but they have more organised restaurant seating areas, where it probably means paying more than l would do just for a take away. I was more thinking in terms of a local back street chippy somewhere,(a bit like Fillet's really), just with a few tbles inside where l could nosh the food.

Fussy aren't l?

Go to the takeaway window on the pier and then sit on one of the benches looking out to sea.

Just watch out for any hungry seagulls that might want you to share

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Now, living out in the sticks, 20 odd miles from Brighton, even though visiting the Amex every other week, l'm not overly familiar with the city, so please bear with me.

Now that Fillet's on the London Road, excellent though it is, has sadly made it quite difficult to consume fish & chips in house, by removing one of the two tables, I am looking for an alternative to consume my pre-match Cod & Chips.

Brighton being a coastal resort is supposedly absolutely awash with chippies, but l am struggling to know where they are. I know of Bardsley's on Baker Street, but that is more of a restaurant really, I was really looking for more of a take away place, but perhaps with two or three tables so it would be easy to eat in.

Does anyone have any ideas?

BANKERS in Western Rd, you wont want to try anywhere else

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Fillets in Lewes Road its just after St Martins Church it has a couple of small tables. Very decent fish and chips and not too expensive. There is a bus stop not far away with many buses heading to the Amex from there. Warning though it does get busy on match days because its good.

Edit: The chippy on the pier is surprisingly good but beware of seagulls.

Edit again I have just realised you probably meant Fillets on Lewis road didnt you...:ffsparr:

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fillets in Lewes Road its just after St Martins Church it has a couple of small tables. Very decent fish and chips and not too expensive. There is a bus stop not far away with many buses heading to the Amex from there. Warning though it does get busy on match days because its good.

That is the point of this thread Fillets have removed 1 table and chairs.hence th OP is looking for another venue.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Edit again I have just realised you probably meant Fillets on Lewis road didnt you...:ffsparr:

Fillets is where l often eat now pre-match, and where l am trying to move from, admittedly the fish & chips are excellent, but they have removed a table, and trying to get a place at the one remaining one is impossible if you get there at the wrong time.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Fillets is where l often eat now pre-match, and where l am trying to move from, admittedly the fish & chips are excellent, but they have removed a table, and trying to get a place at the one remaining one is impossible if you get there at the wrong time.

Yes it does get very busy now sadly was a secret little gem for a while.

Jul 7, 2003
Bardsleys is hugely overrated and massively overpriced.

Sadly I have to agree with this. I went to Bardsleys a short while ago for the first time in years and was very disappointed.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
you can't beat Hastings though for quality and choice

While on holiday in the summer we went to a superb Fish and Chip shop in Stonehaven, just outside Aberdeen.

It might take a couple of days to get back to the AMEX, though.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Have you tried Fillets on Lewes Road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I don't think Brighton is that great for chippies to be honest, which as pointed out in the original post, is surprising for a seaside tourist town.

There are some decent takeaways but if you want to eat in, or as requested originally, simply a couple of tables in a takeaway (which I don't think is an unreasonable request) you'll be disappointed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here