Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Wagamama full vegan English breakfast.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He was also a bonafide Petrol head.

When I was at uni, the chairman of the student Tories was a vegetarian and hunt saboteur. Alan Clark, the right wing diarist and minister, was also a strident veggie.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don't like vegans either, but this is taking things too far.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
What is this tedious obsession with commenting on veganism? If you're not a vegan, it doesn't affect you. So why bother?

I suppose there are people who are getting so upset that other people are actually discussing veganism, but if it's not for you, turn over on to the other side. Fancy getting your knickers into such a twist that you feel compelled to confirm your veganless status, lest anyone think you're anything less than a MAN. Jesus wept.

Ha! I do largely agree with you. A lot of the people complaining about veganism are like the 'Brits Abroad' in the early days of package holidays complaining about the foreign food and demanding egg and chips. It's a new experience and it takes people time to come round.

That being said if I'm in a cafe sitting down to a 'proper' Full English composed of bits of dead (or unborn) animal I wouldn't take kindly to some activist barging in and shouting "Murderer!" at me. I think it's because there is that militant connection that people decide that attack is the best form of defence.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
When I was at uni, the chairman of the student Tories was a vegetarian and hunt saboteur. Alan Clark, the right wing diarist and minister, was also a strident veggie.

As of course was Adolf Hitler. And he was a non-smoker.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As of course was Adolf Hitler. And he was a non-smoker.

That was a myth put out by Goebbels to show that the Fuhrer was dedicated to the German people and practised self-denial. It's true that his diet was mainly vegetable based but there are various sources, including his personal chef, who attest to the fact that he ate meat. He also occasionally drank alcohol. again in contrast to his image.

He was a non-smoker though - and hated smoking near him.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
That was a myth put out by Goebbels to show that the Fuhrer was dedicated to the German people and practised self-denial. It's true that his diet was mainly vegetable based but there are various sources, including his personal chef, who attest to the fact that he ate meat. He also occasionally drank alcohol. again in contrast to his image.

He was a non-smoker though - and hated smoking near him.

Not even a bit of crack at the weekend?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Ha! I do largely agree with you. A lot of the people complaining about veganism are like the 'Brits Abroad' in the early days of package holidays complaining about the foreign food and demanding egg and chips. It's a new experience and it takes people time to come round.

True.

That being said if I'm in a cafe sitting down to a 'proper' Full English composed of bits of dead (or unborn) animal I wouldn't take kindly to some activist barging in and shouting "Murderer!" at me. I think it's because there is that militant connection that people decide that attack is the best form of defence.

Me neither but has that ever happened to anyone on here? (I know there was the story about the protest in a restaurant recently but these things are pretty few and far between, right?). None of my vegan friends have ever slapped the bacon out my mouth or danced upon my sarnie.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here