Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is the WORST football pundit out there currently?

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Tough call between Merson (as thick as pigshit, shouldn't be anywhere near public broadcasting), Owen (talks in cliches, dull, monotone delivery) and McManaman (still wearing his Liverpool kit, red-rimmed specs etc). Crooks would probably be pushing for a top three place if one the others gets ousted.

Michael Owen really

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Many of the names mentioned here are poor pundits - boring, insular and lazy - but for toweringly wilful ignorance and unbelievably mis-placed self confidence you really have to reach in to the depths that only the banterboys on Talksport can plumb.

Micky Quinn is obviously a tedious professional scouser without an original thought in his bovine head but for sheer stupidity and self-preening arrogance I give you...Jason Cundy.

Jason Cundy is a great shout. Lowest Common Denominator stuff, and the biggest apologist for player power/behaviour/greed you will ever hear. Can't see it from a fan's perspective at all.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I feel somewhat fortunate that i've not had exposure to Sutton's punditry yet, if anyone has examples then feel free to break my Monday Morning Mood.

I don't mind Murphy - he's as dull as hell but he does sometimes offer some insight.

My current vote goes to either Crooks (CANNOT accept anyone elses opinion) and Merson (just a brainless oaf. Took Chris Kamara's appealing buffoonery and went PRO with it). Both make me want to go full Cantona on them.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Great personality,all-round top bloke,but Kammy don't half talk bolox sometimes.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Top thread :bowdown:

I'm going to go for Jamie Carragher. Obviously he's not the least knowledgeable, but I can't stand having that disgusting spitting **** on my tv.

Purely in terms of least knowledgeable, Christ that's a fierce competition.

Tea lady :laugh:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Really pleased we're five pages in and we've not seen a woman mentioned so far, well done NSC.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Really pleased we're five pages in and we've not seen a woman mentioned so far, well done NSC.

That'll be for one of two general reasons.

1) Women are better than Men at football punditry.

or..

2) We don't actually care enough to mention them.

You choose. :shrug:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Martin Keown. Heart sinks when I hear him on commentary.

1. Has a. Very. Awkward way of. Talking.
2. Says "for me" after every sentence.
3. Constantly getting laws of the game wrong. Had one the other week when apparently a penalty shouldn't be awarded because the fouled player wouldn't have got the ball.
4. Breathes audibly through his mouth when he stops talking. Like a sharp intake of breathe. Once you notice this it'll drive you bonkers.
5. Awkward "banter" with main commentator.
6. Says nothing analytical of note. Just tells us what a replay is showing.
7. Contrary ****. If a striker shot he should have passed, if he passed he should have shot.
8. "Have I mentioned that I used to be a hard man."
9. Ridiculous Arsenal bias.
10. Mickey Adams called him the worst professional he has ever worked with so that's good enough for me.

[tweet]1098336670678765569[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/mattletiss7/status/1098336670678765569

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was Robbie Earle by a country mile. ITV used to drag the ex Wimbledon cart horse out for Champions League matches. What was that all about?

Currently, most of the them are crap from Shearer to Merson. Reactive to a single score, a bad run of results, they spout a narrative without deep analysis. Desparate for a new spurious take to grab our attention.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Merson.

It's staggering that somebody so utterly incompetent at his job actually gets employed in this field. A job which requires one to speak concisely and offer well-thought critical analysis of a football match. Merson can barely string a sentence together, the pathetic specimen that he is, but because the rest of the Soccer Saturday panel is comprised of other washed up old footballers, it's all just "Hahahahaha, you tell 'em, Merse, you loveable old waster, with your slurring LADZ BANTZ and your cheeky cocaine habit". I find him intolerable.

Danny Murphy is also a bore, and has an irritating habit of name dropping at every opportunity. Barely a programme goes by without a "Well when I played with XXX, he was always a quiet lad" or similar.

Agreed. My mates give me stock for saying this about Merson and how he is a reason why soccer Saturday is so popular. He is useless.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sounds a bit like you.

Apart from the "Great personality,all-round top bloke" bit obviously. :thumbsup:

:lolol:Nothing like you at all.You talk complete bolox all the time.:kiss:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If you ever find yourself watching the Premier League coverage on TSN in Canada, keep an eye out for Steven Caldwell. He's a bang average pundit and has absolutely no idea where he's supposed to look. He'll switch between looking at the presenter (like he's supposed to) and looking straight down the camera with a slightly scary expression on his face. Then he gets really confused and just looks all over the place.

0-4108050209-1540392712592.jpeg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Has Andy Townsend lost his 'tactics truck'?

He's still on every weekend alongside Peter "this is the most important goal there's ever been in the history of football" Drury on the international PL coverage.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
But Chris Sutton has to be right up there at the moment. The man only has one gear - be as controversial as possible to disguise the total lack of anything remotely worth hearing.

Yep Chris Sutton. By a country mile. Say something controversial, say it loudly and get a headline. Awful

I actually wouldn't mind Sutton if he had outlandish opinions sprinkled in amongst decent analysis. However, being deliberately controversial 100% of the time.

Chris Sutton.
Thread closed.
The guy is an absolute troll! I don't know why broadcasters have him on shows.

Is it because he gets attention, and attention is seen as good?

Here you all are discussing him on the internet, after all...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here