Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
61035698_2153979144722121_9174409611543838720_n.jpg

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
17.4 million idiots.

Never underestimate the ability of the British people to be completely stupid.

The figure is 17,410,742, or 51.9% of the people that turned out to vote, the result was backed up by 80% of the electorate going out the following year and voting for party’s whose manifesto endorsed delivery of the 2016 referendum, you might say also that it was endorsed when “call Me Dave” won an outright majority in 2015 on the promise of holding a referendum to leave or remain in the EU, of course, the Waitrose mafia never in a million years thought that the plebs would vote to leave.
How dare We. HOW DARE WE..
d7f913d72b67ca4793356af9fddc6a3b.jpg

Have a read of this, it really is an excellent book and goes a long way to discovering why the stupid, gammon faced nazis amongst us voted to get out of this cesspit called the EU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I voted for Boris as the best man for the Brexit job.After that,he can sod off.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The figure is 17,410,742, or 51.9% of the people that turned out to vote, the result was backed up by 80% of the electorate going out the following year and voting for party’s whose manifesto endorsed delivery of the 2016 referendum, you might say also that it was endorsed when “call Me Dave” won an outright majority in 2015 on the promise of holding a referendum to leave or remain in the EU, of course, the Waitrose mafia never in a million years thought that the plebs would vote to leave.
How dare We. HOW DARE WE..
d7f913d72b67ca4793356af9fddc6a3b.jpg

Have a read of this, it really is an excellent book and goes a long way to discovering why the stupid, gammon faced nazis amongst us voted to get out of this cesspit called the EU.

Is that not essentially saying that people who are from somewhere want that somewhere well defined. That is necessarily appealing to the emotions. The problem with this is that it doesn't really allow for any pragmatic thought does it?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Read the book.

Bless, weeks worth of pent up anger all over every Brexit thread except the official one. That self imposed exile from the Brexit thread after your epic countdown and flounce for a few weeks really wasn't good for you, was it :lolol:

Thank goodness there have been other Brexit threads in the last few days for you to post all over. But when these have all dropped off the board and only the 'official' Brexit thread is left, you'll only start getting angry with no outlet again.

Why don't you just crawl back onto the Brexit thread ?

It would be far better for your health and I'm sure no-one would mention your epic flounce again :)

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Read the book.

I haven't read the book (yet), but am aware of the general premise.

Without me going out buying the book and reading it, front to back, can you offer me, and others, any further enlightenment?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Bless, weeks worth of pent up anger all over every Brexit thread except the official one. That self imposed exile from the Brexit thread after your epic countdown and flounce for a few weeks really wasn't good for you, was it :lolol:

Thank goodness there have been other Brexit threads in the last few days for you to post all over. But when these have all dropped off the board and only the 'official' Brexit thread is left, you'll only start getting angry with no outlet again.

Why don't you just crawl back onto the Brexit thread ?

It would be far better for your health and I'm sure no-one would mention your epic flounce again :)

Do I need to worry about you obsessing over Me?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It amazes me that Labour haven't sussed that if they were to get a 'moderate' Remain candidate to be their leader that they would easily win a general election.
A choice of either Corbyn or Boris for PM is too frightening to contemplate.

Momentum run the local parties. The local parties have all the power. If Corbyn is crushed in the polls his supporters will dismiss this as the stupidity of the electorate and the biased right wing media. The only way Corbyn will be replaced is by his resignation (won't happen) or his death.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I haven't read the book (yet), but am aware of the general premise.

Without me going out buying the book and reading it, front to back, can you offer me, and others, any further enlightenment?

Generally two types of Human on this planet, somewheres and anywheres, the division between the two and the somewhat condescending contempt of the somewhere by The anywhere.
A fascinating read.Holes below the water line the notion that all folk that voted to leave the EU are swivel eyed,pitch fork wielding nazis as some the more educated scholars on various threads would have you believe, we’re just normal everyday people with an opinion that for decades has been quashed and tutted at,there’s rather a lot of us as well .

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I can't imagine the mentality of anyone who thinks that Boris Johnson would be anything other than a massive liability and a complete and utter goon as PM.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I really am torn on what I want.

On the one hand, as I have already said I really quite admire Rory Stewart's pragmatism and wish to compromise for the good of the nation.

On the other, a decent competent Brexiteer ought to take control and be responsible for getting us the deal that they always insisted was possible and where the GFA was respected. In all honesty, I'm past caring what Brexit we get (we will all be poorer in the short term) AS LONG AS THE GFA IS NOT COMPROMISED.

Either way, it simply can't be Boris. A disgusting, incompetent, racist, misogynist with no conviction. He would be a disaster and he would blame everybody else for it.

Sent from my SM-J610FN using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Generally two types of Human on this planet, somewheres and anywheres, the division between the two and the somewhat condescending contempt of the somewhere by The anywhere.
A fascinating read.Holes below the water line the notion that all folk that voted to leave the EU are swivel eyed,pitch fork wielding nazis as some the more educated scholars on various threads would have you believe, we’re just normal everyday people with an opinion that for decades has been quashed and tutted at,there’s rather a lot of us as well .

It's funny because this kind of opinion with the benefit of hindsight seems to be rearing its head more and more as the Brexit debate wears on. Personally, I spoke to a lot of Leavers in the build up to the referendum and only one of them knew the actual set up of the EU both politically and legally. Most seemed to have garnered their view of the EU from what they'd read in the Sun or the Mail.

I really do hope as many Leavers were as well read as you suggest and that they voted with the best of intentions and with as much knowledge as they could get their hands on, but the reality seemed incredibly different to me at the time and nothing has happened since to change that.

And that comes from someone who, at this stage, really has given up giving a flying **** about the outcome of Brexit, but also someone who has had a genuine education that focuses on the economics and legalities of it (which I guess makes me lucky or unlucky depending on your viewpoint) - I guess that suggests I have the contempt you speak of, albeit I personally feel far past the contempt stage. All I really want is change to our own political classes so that my vote matters in the future because I feel as disenfranchised as the Leavers who seem desperate to blame the EU for every ill in their lives. As to whom the best PM is to help lead that change, I honestly don't know. I can't genuinely say there's a leader of any party that represents my views at this stage and that's really scary.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Momentum run the local parties. The local parties have all the power. If Corbyn is crushed in the polls his supporters will dismiss this as the stupidity of the electorate and the biased right wing media. The only way Corbyn will be replaced is by his resignation (won't happen) or his death.

This, alas, is fact. The left will never give up the stranglehold they now have on the Labour party irrespective on the impact this has on the electability of the party. In the fullness of time a new middle ground party will emerge from the ashes of the two party system but in the meantime the destructive lurching to the left and the right will continue.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Party bosses expect a new leader to be chosen by the end of July.

Surely this cant be right?

How does it take 2 months?

Its not like we are working against a clock

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

I don't see anything particularly groundbreaking in what he is saying; essentially there are people with a predisposition for a conservative outlook, or 'somewheres', no shit sherlock. I suspect though this is not 50% who are like this, as he suggests, rather there is a broad 'Guassian' distribution between the somewheres and the anywheres, i.e. people more inclined to liberal opinion and ideas (the reason why he says 50% somewhere, ~25% anywhere and ~25% in the middle is a result recent events forcing people into more rigid definitions).

Regardless I go back to my original point of the fact that if you do accept that the EU is set up by, and run by anywheres, for the sake of anywheres, why somewheres would necessarily be against it? That seems to me (and I think fairly) to be a case of cutting the nose to spite the face; hence my question of where pragmatism comes into this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here