Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter's players

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Oh, Ales Mateju: I'd forgotten about him

He's been playing in Italy's second division. If that's his level I can't really seeing him pushing for a PL place

Played 22 times for the team that WON Serie B.... finished the season as first choice RB

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The dream is if he brings someone from the under 23s like Connelly or Gyokeres into the first team and becomes an absolute world-beater within 6 months.

That’s the dream, anyway.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Sorry was on train.

There are then question marks over:

Montoya
AJ
Murray - surely last season and fewer games
Izquierdo
Balogun

In my mind anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes a new coach can polish up fans so called turds el abd and poyet spring to mind which is why it’s difficult to pinpoint as he could easily get fabulous tunes out of both locadia and jahanbksh and come the end of next season we’ll be hunkered down in the bunker and hoping that we can avoid selling them equally they could just be dog doo

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Doesn't sound like Potter is likely to play two up top. Going to be a real balancing act getting the best out of our existing players.

I was under the impression we'll be getting a front 3, wing backs and a back 3.

If nothing else Bernie Inn that set up ought to be fun to watch.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Worldwide fusion power within 6 months would be more realistic.

350.png

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The Retainment list and those made available for transfer will be interesting...(u23 have serious cull recently)

Really? Of the over-21 players out of contract this season, we already know that Bong has signed a one-year extension, Bruno has retired and Barclay has been released. That only leaves Hemed and Towell (and the club certainly won't be making public who, if anyone, is being "made available for transfer").

As for the U-23s - the number of players released was in line with last season. Given that we have about 40 players now in our "development squad", you can expect a similar number to be released each year, moving forward.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
But we’ve sold him.... so doesn’t really matter

Have we?
I know there was an option there, didn't know they'd taken it.
Have to say, it's a VERY odd one.
Sounds like he has being playing club football of the highest standard of all our u23s, in a position we are short. And we're selling him.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Depends if he learns what an overlap is. Constantly ran inside last season, rather than giving Knockaert an outside option a la Bruno.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he did it repeatedly, do you think Hughton might have asked him to do so? We just don't know as much about our players and what they can and cannot do as we might think we do, all we know is how they played under instruction from Hughton.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Have we?
I know there was an option there, didn't know they'd taken it.
Have to say, it's a VERY odd one.
Sounds like he has being playing club football of the highest standard of all our u23s, in a position we are short. And we're selling him.

Bought him for £2m... sold him for £4.4m

Easy profit to help self fund the running of the academy..... as a business model if you get it right it covers the costs of the academy every year and then any prospects that come through are a bonus as costs have been offset.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Easy profit to help self fund the running of the academy..... as a business model if you get it right it covers the costs of the academy every year and then any prospects that come through are a bonus as costs have been offset.

So, given we need a RB, we need to get a player in as good or better for 2.4 million, effectively.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Is there a link re the sale? I can't find any info apart from him still being on loan (and as SULLY said, winning Seria B with Brescia which is a very decent achievement).

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Not really.... but I see your point

Mine was more to do with selling players for a profit to cover the costs of the academy running... rather than first team player purchases

Yeah I totally get you.
Monetarily it's super business.

Just amazed really. If we had a player who started the end of the season as first choice RB at Norwich we'd all be gagging to get him back to the club.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Cheers. So it's an option but hasn't happened yet by the looks of things. Perhaps with Bruno retiring (still hurts writing that) and Schelotto out of favour we might reconsider. Interesting anyway.

If you say to Potter, we've got a young RB who has been on loan at a top Serie B team, do you want to take a look at him? He clearly says 'yes'.
Guess it depends how done a deal it is.
4.4mill also sounds cheap given the season Brescia had.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the most likely to have their place in the squad placed in jeopardy are Kayal Knockaert and obviously Murray to be on the bench. I hope that Locadia, Jahakanbahsh and Andone up their games and that our midfield is based on Stephens, Bissouma, Propper Gross and March.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here