Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hughton to West Brom

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Even Dyche who is a long ball protagonist has a bit more attacking nous the 3 aforementioned.
Hughton is not a long ball protagonist - as a player he was skillful and nuanced. He did what he could with what he had at his disposal. Give him better players and he will play an expansive game

Dyche has a better squad - and two strikers who scored 12 and 10 goals respectively and the midfielders popped in another 10.

This is what Hughton can do with a decent squad of players in the PL - except Mike Ashley wanted a 'big name' so he dumped Hughton for Alan Pardew.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
And if Hughton was kept on we'd have been relegated by Christmas. January at the latest.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Based on two years of him keeping us up, yeah? ???

Couldn't give a shit how you sent your snide bollocks, or where from.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I agree. it's ironic that if we'd been relegated he would probably not have lost his job!

I think there is a lot of truth in that. What a weird world football is! (Btw, which region of Essex are you? I live just across in Suffolk but work in Colchester.)

I am delighted for Chris that he should be back in a job soon, but it's far too soon and raw to see him at another club for me. :(

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
I think there is a lot of truth in that. What a weird world football is! (Btw, which region of Essex are you? I live just across in Suffolk but work in Colchester.)

I am delighted for Chris that he should be back in a job soon, but it's far too soon and raw to see him at another club for me. :(

Based in Leigh-on-Sea. Worked in Colchester on a 6 month contract a couple of years back.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Hughton is not a long ball protagonist - as a player he was skillful and nuanced. He did what he could with what he had at his disposal. Give him better players and he will play an expansive game

Dyche has a better squad - and two strikers who scored 12 and 10 goals respectively and the midfielders popped in another 10.

This is what Hughton can do with a decent squad of players in the PL - except Mike Ashley wanted a 'big name' so he dumped Hughton for Alan Pardew.

Yep, I’ve said exactly the same on another thread, given the right players Hughton CAN play attacking football. He was desperate to keep The Albion in the Premier League, which he achieved.

I really think the performances would have come, with time and improved personnel.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

But imagine the standing ovation he will receive when he brings his new team to the Amex. The sooner he is back in a job the better it is for everyone.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Based on two years of him keeping us up, yeah? ???

Couldn't give a shit how you sent your snide bollocks, or where from.

Wow. So [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION] joins me as someone whose post you so can't give a shit about you feel the need to comment.

I suggest you go and get the sand out of your vagina.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep, I’ve said exactly the same on another thread, given the right players Hughton CAN play attacking football. He was desperate to keep The Albion in the Premier League, which he achieved.

I really think the performances would have come, with time and improved personnel.

Completely agree.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
But imagine the standing ovation he will receive when he brings his new team to the Amex. The sooner he is back in a job the better it is for everyone.

This. I'd clap him, and I wish him all the very best - and whoever he brings I hope will surrender the 3 points, obviously. :smokin:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

100% this. Anyone who doesn’t think Hughton can play attacking football with the right personnel has a very short memory as we were pretty bloody exciting in our promotion season and scored A LOT of goals. Bet Norwich didn’t think he was too defensive when we put five past them at the Amex...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
100% this. Anyone who doesn’t think Hughton can play attacking football with the right personnel has a very short memory as we were pretty bloody exciting in our promotion season and scored A LOT of goals. Bet Norwich didn’t think he was too defensive when we put five past them at the Amex...

Yes all of this.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here