Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The quckest way to Gatwick

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
seriously mate , it will take longer than 30 mins .

TAXI def best.....Allow 10 mins to clear amex , universityand get on A23 then another 30 mins !

Agree - more like 40-45 mins (with no traffic) especially as roadworks on M23 before Gatwick slowing things down a bit. Best option though - I probably wouldn't risk the trains if I had a plane to catch

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I normally drive to most games now from Crawley, I am in West Upper, leave at the final whistle and walk to Wild Park to pick up the car. I am normally home about an hour, maybe hour and 15 mins after Kickoff.

You can get fast trains from Brighton to Gatwick so it depends on what the schedule is like Sunday night.

I would leave an hour and a half max for either train or car. You'll probably be the before that but allow 90 mins.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I normally drive to most games now from Crawley, I am in West Upper, leave at the final whistle and walk to Wild Park to pick up the car. I am normally home about an hour, maybe hour and 15 mins after Kickoff.

You can get fast trains from Brighton to Gatwick so it depends on what the schedule is like Sunday night.

I would leave an hour and a half max for either train or car. You'll probably be the before that but allow 90 mins.

how about giving him a lift ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

home an hour and 15 minutes after kick off ?theres leaving early mate but this is taking the p*ss

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If you do take the taxi option get picked up, as people have said, at Coldean and as you approach Crawley come off the M23 onto the old A23 to Gatwick and miss the road works.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
If you do take the taxi option get picked up, as people have said, at Coldean and as you approach Crawley come off the M23 onto the old A23 to Gatwick and miss the road works.
I went through the road works yesterday afternoon and traffic was light. No need to avoid on a Sunday evening.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
home an hour and 15 minutes after kick off ?theres leaving early mate but this is taking the p*ss

I park near Woodingdean and it's about the same for me depending on the queue of traffic on Falmer Road - 10 (after final whistle, obviously) mins to exit ground, 35 minute walk, 30 minute drive (ish)

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I park near Woodingdean and it's about the same for me depending on the queue of traffic on Falmer Road - 10 (after final whistle, obviously) mins to exit ground, 35 minute walk, 30 minute drive (ish)

did n`t you spot the mistake...Home an hour and a half after Kick off, game won`t have finished

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are 2 trains from Falmer via Brighton that get you there about 7.00pm and 1 at 6.20 from Lewes to arrive at the same time. I wouldn t think that you will do it much quicker by road.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I went through the road works yesterday afternoon and traffic was light. No need to avoid on a Sunday evening.

OK, fair point, I'd check though as there are closures at some very odd times?

SeagullsNorway

Jul 21, 2018
No, that would have been to early. The match finnish about 17:50, and the plane departure 20:35, so we have 2.30 hours.

SeagullsNorway

Jul 21, 2018
Thanks for all answers so far. The plane leaves Gatwick at 20:35, so we have (there are 4 of us) approx 2 hours 30 minutes from the game ends. We don't have any luggage to check inn. Because we are 4 taxi would be almost the same price as train.

So I understand taxi from Falmer Stadium (near motorway) is alright? I thought it would be best to get away from the area, and that the quickest way/shortest que was the train to Lewis.A train to Brighton i guess will take to long time in waiting que.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here