Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fenerbahce are showing an interest in Brighton forward Jurgen Locadia.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Big J going nowhere... slate wiped clean and he is already doing better than under Mr Shackles...

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Gotta love how Albion 'fans' would rather reduce the 25 man squad down to 24 (or even 23) than contempt signs of improvement from a player heavily featured in pre season and the first goal at Vicarage Road.

#StayClassy.

Or we could take the chance to move on a player who has given some average performances in the hope that a youngster gets a chance and shows some great performances

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Did you watch on Saturday or during pre-season? looking like a new player.
Not just him.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I really doubt the club are considering selling a player Potter chose as a starter last Saturday.

I'm part of the anti-Locadia army, but I will admit, I can't see him leaving for at least another season. Maybe Potter wants to have a mixture upfront using the lively and tenacious nature of Andone, the composure and class of Murray, the instinctive finishing of Maupay and the awkwardness and mystery of Locadia to throw the opposition defence when the changes are made? This is what happened last Saturday. Completely different styled strikers replacing each other and changing our style of attack which tore apart their defence.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Or we've indicated a deal may be possible and then, when he arrives, we try to offload Ali J on them.

Locadia is sort of growing on me now - he appears to be showing signs of being a useful striker. A few months ago I'd have gone to all the effort of getting a passport so I could drive him there!
Be quite happy to offload Ali J. though - though I fear we'd take a big financial hit if we did find a taker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Locadia is sort of growing on me now - he appears to be showing signs of being a useful striker. A few months ago I'd have gone to all the effort of getting a passport so I could drive him there!
Be quite happy to offload Ali J. though - though I fear we'd take a big financial hit if we did find a taker.

So how come big Jurg can have a renaissance after a couple of seasons but that opportunity isn't available to Ali, who has had considerably less time to adapt?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So how come big Jurg can have a renaissance after a couple of seasons but that opportunity isn't available to Ali, who has had considerably less time to adapt?

I suppose it's that although Jurgen has been generally underwhelming, he's been far less underwhelming than Ali J.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I really doubt the club are considering selling a player Potter chose as a starter last Saturday.

I'm part of the anti-Locadia army, but I will admit, I can't see him leaving for at least another season. Maybe Potter wants to have a mixture upfront using the lively and tenacious nature of Andone, the composure and class of Murray, the instinctive finishing of Maupay and the awkwardness and mystery of Locadia to throw the opposition defence when the changes are made? This is what happened last Saturday. Completely different styled strikers replacing each other and changing our style of attack which tore apart their defence.

I don't really agree, it wouldn't amaze me if something like this did happen. To me it will depend on what the player wants. If decides he wants the move then, I think the club, in a similar way to Knocky will sanction it, given the fierce competition for places in his position.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Fair enough, though what it's got to do with Locadia I've no idea.

The reason I asked what, was because for some reason (and I have no clue how) when I first clicked on the link you posted it didn't go there at all, just to some completely irrelevant page.

It has nothing to do with Locadia, obviously but it does have to do with a foreign club showing interest in one of our players. I didn't think it was worthy of it's own thread so thought I'd put it here. Sorry for any confusion or indeed inconvenience this may have caused you or any others on here and in future I shall stick rigidly to the subject of the thread. Apologies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here