Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Final box ticked to avoid difficult questions at the forum like 'why don't we EVER sign anyone with PL experience'.............

.....so we're going to be back to plans to expand the Amex, leaving someone up at corners and flasks.

Don't forget about buying our own trains.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep, all a bit unnecessary. Mooy is a very good addition to the squad...........don't see him immediately displacing what we have.

Exactly. As I posted elsewhere, he's an upgrade on Kayal, who is most likely to leave as part of this deal (a certain poster from Haywards Heath will be happy). Kayal played minimal minutes last season, so stands to reason Mooy wouldn't be a guaranteed starter. It's all about strength in depth.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
:facepalm:

Like Huddersfield were more offensive.:lolol:

Talk about shaping a narrative to support your own.

Take the blinkers off, the jockeys are under starters orders!

Are you disputing that Mooy was not unequivocally and consistently in more forward positions than either of Propper of Stephens last season?

You talk of shaping narrative after quoting me and leaving out the part where I say it would be a good signing.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh this signing isn't to appease those people, they've already got Maupay and a bunch of U23s with the first team squad. THIS signing is to appease those who bemoan the lack of Premier league experience in our signings. It's really win-win all round, something for everyone :thumbsup:

"You can piss off most of NSC all the time but you can only piss off all of NSC some of the time"

Unbelievable negativity from some people. This is a CRACKING signing.

"Who's this young lad? He's only played in Holland, he must be shite!" *toys thrown*

"Oh no not him, he's got loads of PL experience but he played for a shite team!" *dummy spat*

Make your minds up dickheads. We're not going to be signing Messi or Aguero (if we did, then some prats would still be moaning about them being too old or something).

Mooy is a very good player and just the type we need in CM.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Oh this signing isn't to appease those people, they've already got Maupay and a bunch of U23s with the first team squad. THIS signing is to appease those who bemoan the lack of Premier league experience in our signings. It's really win-win all round, something for everyone :thumbsup:

How many of those U23's (or, for that matter, Mooy) will be first team starters this season?
The average age and pace of our team doesn't seem to have changed. If anything, it's slower as a result of additional centre backs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Are you disputing that Mooy was not unequivocally and consistently in more forward positions than either of Propper of Stephens last season?

You talk of shaping narrative after quoting me and leaving out the part where I say it would be a good signing.

You get the heat maps out then given you've quoted them and we'll take a look.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Mooy having medical, Hemed and Kayal going out on loan

And Mr Naylor “working on another big Brighton story”

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
3272525aed9849d29ecc2307797dc39f.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I wonder if this 'big Brighton story' is going to be non-deadline day related, despite that being what's hinted. Naylor probably fancies another 'Dean Hammond' moment to leave a load of Albion fans frothing at the keypad :lol:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

I think his definition of a big story and ours will be wildly different. Remember Brian Owen will probably get more inside info than AN now and he's said it will not be a busy day other than Mooy and this young RB from PSG

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Could be a bit of classic Naylor, tantalising us with the idea a big player is on the way but really meaning he is hard at work on an in depth article about our squad and its chances in the premier league with new manager Potter. :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:facepalm:

Like Huddersfield were more offensive.:lolol:

Talk about shaping a narrative to support your own.

Take the blinkers off, the jockeys are under starters orders!

Depends on where he's played.

You have him as a Propper midfielder, my point is that player under CH wasn't given license to roam forward.

Now IF he's a Propper midfielder and Propper is allowed more attacking freedom then I'd like to think his numbers would also look more appealing.
I certainly believe Davy is better than Mooy.

Much the same applies to him being a Gross midfielder (for whom decent backup might have saved CH his job).
I believe Gross is a better player.

As for a Stephens replacement well the least said about those 'fans' the better.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
How many of those U23's (or, for that matter, Mooy) will be first team starters this season?
The average age and pace of our team doesn't seem to have changed. If anything, it's slower as a result of additional centre backs.

Buddy, seriously, whatever it is that makes you happy, go and do it. Unless that's moaning on a message board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here