Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Tom Barclay of the Sun has just tweeted he understands there’s no agreement yet.
Suspect Brentford playing hard ball as they know we need a striker and the deadline is nearly upon us.

Spoil sport!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Nobody is doubting that this deal is likely to get done, [MENTION=3743]seagullwedgee[/MENTION]. The point of contention is that we're not quite there *yet*. Brian Owen and Tom Barclay have both independently suggested that it is progressing, but it isn't quite over the line.

People on this board are simply operating off the weight of evidence, and presenting something as ITK information when it is pretty much in the public domain simply serves to rankle. It may be that terms have been discussed informally with the player (if allowed by the Brentford board), but the clubs are negotiating over the finer details (such as add-ons) of the transfer.

The point I was making nearly two hours ago, is that personal terms HAVE been confirmed as agreed. That’s all. It’s not complicated.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Neal Maupay

Wedgee is the most informed person I know. If he says it's a done deal then that's good enough for me.

[emoji23] call me a cynic, but my trust is with L’Equipe over a random NSC poster...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
The point I was making nearly two hours ago, is that personal terms HAVE been confirmed as agreed. That’s all. It’s not complicated.

But wasn't that my point? With both Owen and Barclay saying it's not quite done, it would suggest that it's not quite done. Negotiations between the two clubs are still ongoing according to them both. Surely that's not all that complicated either?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
But wasn't that my point? With both Owen and Barclay saying it's not quite done, it would suggest that it's not quite done. Negotiations between the two clubs are still ongoing according to them both. Surely that's not all that complicated either?

I don’t know how else to put it. Personal terms were agreed hours ago, and they are well behind the curve, it sometimes happens. That’s all, it’s really not complicated.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
100% certain it’ll be you with the egg on the face, again.

Again? You're 0 out of about 100. Laughable. You've got literally everything wrong. Want to talk us through how Matt Clarke was delayed by weeks from your certain timetable? :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
At least if we do sign him (which, touch wood, is looking likely) it'll put an end to this bulls*** about this unwritten rule which means we can never sign any player from Brentford because our chairmen don't like eachother.

The first few pages are great - so many assumptive posts, posted as facts :facepalm:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I don’t know how else to put it. Personal terms were agreed hours ago, and they are well behind the curve, it sometimes happens. That’s all, it’s really not complicated.

hole.jpg

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

Please see my original post - I was not disputing the fact that terms might have been discussed. L'Equipe's information (posted first thing this morning) about it being a 4 year deal would suggest that this is (at least in part) true. However, the deal cannot progress until both clubs agree on the fee and the add-ons - and Owen and Barclay both say that this has agreement has not been reached. That is all I am saying. The player and his agent are but one part of any transfer deal. And that really isn't complicated either.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As the club has said only three or four are in the know about transfers and I’m guessing it’s no one on here. If I’m wrong then they aren’t very trustworthy worthy blabbing like a 3 year old.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
As the club has said only three or four are in the know about transfers and I’m guessing it’s no one on here. If I’m wrong then they aren’t very trustworthy worthy blabbing like a 3 year old.

Exactly and they will have tightened up even more after team selection gate!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

So Blooms one, Winstanley another, Wedgee the 3rd - who’s the 4th?! Potter?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Again? Really? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here