Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gareth Bale: What a waste

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sad really he wouldnt rather take a pay cut and play proper football in Europe. some say its ego but what does money do for your ego when playing in a noddy league? wouldnt it be better to go to Man U and show your twice the player Pogba was?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Nobody is privy to his talks with the agent. What if, the agent has spoken to all the top clubs and none of them want him even with a 50% drop in his wages?
So, he is left with no football on £600k a week or play football for £1m a week? No brainer for me, football and all the Chinese you can eat! :D

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
£17,500 an hour is disgusting it really is

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
If I was him, with the family settled and enjoying life in Madrid I would stay. The club are trying to renege on the contract they gave him and are making things difficult. The manager says he won’t play so I would wait for the next manager. It can’t be long in coming.
His problem has always been that he was thought to be the next Ronaldo and obviously isn’t. Hardly his fault. They gave him the contract, honour it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is a lot but hardly Bales' fault, it is the stupidity and greed of modern football

I don't blame him one bit if an employer is prepared to pay such an inflated wage.

If you were in a job and another company offered you stupid money to do the same thing would you turn it down ?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I really thought he would prefer to have a wage decrease and go back to the PL.
Apart from the money I don't get players going to China, The US, possibly but not China.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It is a lot but hardly Bales' fault, it is the stupidity and greed of modern football

I don't blame him one bit if an employer is prepared to pay such an inflated wage.

If you were in a job and another company offered you stupid money to do the same thing would you turn it down ?

No of course not, but if I had more money than I needed for life I would have wanted to go back to The PL, or stay on the continent.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Give it a year and he'll be back. Considering he hasn't even bothered to learn Spanish in the six years he's been there i doubt he's going to pick up much Chinese anytime soon and will probably end up feeling pretty isolated out there. No matter the amount of money the quality of life for you and your family has to come in to it somewhere.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
You say shed when you actually mean stadium. 3yr deal worth £156m according to some reports.

And there is the answer in three years of easy work with an exciting cultural experience thrown in he can then take retirement with enough money to support his extended family for generations to come

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If I was him, with the family settled and enjoying life in Madrid I would stay. The club are trying to renege on the contract they gave him and are making things difficult. The manager says he won’t play so I would wait for the next manager. It can’t be long in coming.
His problem has always been that he was thought to be the next Ronaldo and obviously isn’t. Hardly his fault. They gave him the contract, honour it.

Within reason, I like it when players do that for a period of time. It stuffs the club’s sly plan to bully a player out on wages they regret and/or to free up a budget for their replacement.

All kinds of not so subtle punishments kick in, such as training with the kids.

Not for the faint hearted.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, but has he not already got a shedload of cash? how many sheds does he want? never going to spend what his already earned as it is.

Clearly not interested in playing competitive football, just a greedy see you next tuesday

Your point would be valid if the player in question had not won 4 Champions League trophies and taken his small country to the semi final of a major tournament. The Chinese League has traction now and to be the biggest star that league has ever seen holds some appeal. I recall the effect Pele had joining New York Cosmos and Beckham on LA Galaxy. The sort of money on offer here puts Bale in Beckham territory and he could buy his own club when he retires, if he felt like it.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
What a load of bollocks.

Couldn’t agree more!

4 champions league titles
1 La Liga title
1 Copa del Rey
UEFA super cups
Club world cups

155 appearances for Real Madrid

Scored 1 in 2

Several historic goals

And somehow that is not realising his potential!

Real fans whistle every played eventually, even Ronaldo received abuse.

Any player not called Mr C Ronaldo or Mr L Messi would be well happy with that.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Within reason, I like it when players do that for a period of time. It stuffs the club’s sly plan to bully a player out on wages they regret and/or to free up a budget for their replacement.

All kinds of not so subtle punishments kick in, such as training with the kids.

Not for the faint hearted.

Do you remember Steve McManaman going there on a free from Liverpool? They tried to sell him to Italy for 4 million before the season started!
He dug his heels in and said he’s not going and they said he won’t play. He said you still have to pay me! By Xmas he was in the team, went on to win 2 Euro Champs League and the fans loved him.
Bale should stay if it suits him and not be bullied out of there.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I suspect it’s also his agent stopping him playing competitive meaningful football again.

With his mouth 3” from Bale’s ear repeating ‘take the money, take the money’ over and over again for hours on end as Bale tries to concentrate on FIFA. The agent in question will be bagging £15m+ you’d have to assume, they go into their profession driven by a profound love of money, not a love of football or people.
An agent is an employee. Bale can sack him and get another one if he's not acting in his interests. No excuses for bale

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Agreed. What a waste of a very big talent. By all accounts, from what I've read, he's a bit of a bellend. The manbun does him no favours.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Whether in football or not the maim motivation of rich men seems to me to be richer than their peers.

He doesn't need this move from a finance point of view. Its his ego that won't let him take a pay drop. What a complete waste of his talent

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Why should he take a pay cut just because the people who gave him a contract are having second thoughts?
It’s the club’s problem not his.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Completely different. His current club don’t want him, so if he wants to play football regularly, he has to move.
So you think Madrid would keep paying him £600k a week, and not play him regularly?

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Don't understand a pro earning millions choosing a rubbish league to play in.

Where's the competitive spirit?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here