Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
No. We're going with the approach that Ali J and Locadia will be like fresh signings now they'll be SHACKLED no longer.

Lots of January business to be done though.

I remain unconvinced that an unshackled Ali or Jurgs will be any better on or off the ball than they were last season. They’re too slow in body and mind to cut it at this level, simply being 10 yards further up the pitch will achieve very little of consequence. Neither have the legs of a fit Izzy or March or indeed AK - they’re pretty mediocre plain and simple. If GP can indeed polish turds, well, then we are golden.

We need a better striker (Andone maybe, mental recklessness aside) and fast.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No. We're going with the approach that Ali J and Locadia will be like fresh signings now they'll be SHACKLED no longer.

Lots of January business to be done though.

I really really hope you are wrong. Madness to go with what we’ve got, i.e. no proven successor to Muzza or Bruno, and no competition for Gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Maybe I am Mr Grumpy, but that was a bloody stupid tweet the Club put out yesterday. "Smiley Face A busy transfer window so far at Albion across all our sides...."

Not fooling anybody until we sign what everybody knows what we need.

Perhaps we should add to the required list a grown-up to do club comms.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
No Striker and no RB competition will increase our chances of relegation massively. We MUST increase the options available. Even if Potter is a coaching genius its going to take time to improve the players and not all of them are going to or be able to respond.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Maybe I am Mr Grumpy, but that was a bloody stupid tweet the Club put out yesterday. "Smiley Face A busy transfer window so far at Albion across all our sides...."

Not fooling anybody until we sign what everybody knows what we need.

Perhaps we should add to the required list a grown-up to do club comms.

Don't worry, plenty of time.

We need Potter to get a good SENSE of the squad over the next week in Austria. Then we can start having a butchers at the striker market and decide that it's a little rushed and we just missed the chance to get a deal over the line.

It's not that important anyway. We can keep relying on our 36 year old striker to get 10+ goals for us a season in the top flight, can't we?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is the summer it all goes wrong, OTM.
The rest of them will see it eventually.
You probably said the same last year. And the year before. We may well get relegated this season, and you'll try and claim some sort of all knowing victory.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You probably said the same last year. And the year before. We may well get relegated this season, and you'll try and claim some sort of all knowing victory.

Incorrect. I'll be claiming that WAY before [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] has started up his laptop. He's still running Windows 95, - get this, it doesn't even support an adblocker! zero chance of him claiming the 'I told you so trophy 2019...'

He's as ill prepared as our strike force and fledgling management team.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I feel absolutely certain that we're going to sign one, even two, serious players. Players that'll make NSC go in to meltdown. With WAGS to boot.
I just never doubt Bloom- he wants this, so badly.
Quality over quantity this year- it's coming. A striker, CM/AM and RB and we are good to go.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Don't worry, plenty of time.

We need Potter to get a good SENSE of the squad over the next week in Austria. Then we can start having a butchers at the striker market and decide that it's a little rushed and we just missed the chance to get a deal over the line.

It's not that important anyway. We can keep relying on our 36 year old striker to get 10+ goals for us a season in the top flight, can't we?

The window closes in just over 30 days. No chance they are simply sitting around twiddling thumbs waiting to look at players. They have copious dvds and Analysts that are paid to provide information for the manager. As well as the recruitment team past and present (old and new)...therefore as we are continuously fed, recruitment is year round job. They know what is required, however this year more than ever they have to get recruitment spot on.....
Also what has been particularly noticeable this year that there has hardly been a rumour which means things are deliberately been kept quiet.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

To be fair, I’ve always found [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] quite positive.

He/she has concerns this season and TBH I share them...

Not confident with what we have.....

Just how I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair, I’ve always found [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] quite positive.

He/she has concerns this season and TBH I share them...

Not confident with what we have.....
I too wouldn't describe myself as confident. But TSB's posts of late have been far more gloomy than 'not confident'.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I am upbeat as I think that GP will see what we have while in Austria and then make moves for players as and where he feels that we need them when we get back.

I can tell him right now... we need:

A striker

A RB

An ACM...

Get a ****ing move on...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You're right, most of of them have been suggesting the even more naive prospect of Locadia being like a new signing and suddenly coming good under a new manager.

Well, it is possible, I suppose... the shackles are off! ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here