Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Bloody freezing in sunny Essex. A light wind and casual racism persist.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
frozen snow in BN1, but pretty clear in Lewes ..... usually the other way round.
train journey was weird, North was green and sunny and South was white :)

(self confessed Ice Wimp)

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
My Albizia julibrissin is romping as are my two Trachys, near the seafront in Brighton.

Love an Albizia. We had a beauty in Hove and have just bought a new one here Downunder:thumbsup:

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
So tomorrow looks interesting, could be some disruptive snow across Sussex from 5pm onwards.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Good example today of the effect of (modest) altitude - at about 125m in Woodingdean there was a small covering of icy snow, drop down to the edge of Ovingdean at 75m and there was virtually nothing, back up to the TV mast above Woodingdean at about 200m and there was a decent covering.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good example today of the effect of (modest) altitude - at about 125m in Woodingdean there was a small covering of icy snow, drop down to the edge of Ovingdean at 75m and there was virtually nothing, back up to the TV mast above Woodingdean at about 200m and there was a decent covering.

Where we are @ 100m above sea level and 3 miles from the sea, 3cm on snow and currently 0.5C. Just drove to Brighton city centre and 2.5C.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Cissbury Ring is still white on top now, whilst further North Chantonbury Ring, which I'd guess is about 50m higher, looks to have a better covering.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone thinking its a bit chilly here...its currently -32 in Minnesota. The current snow covering is nothing out of the ordinary, but the extreme cold from the Polar Vortex has brought things to a standstill there, to the extent that the US Mail ("Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds") will not be delivered today. Almost unheard of. Apparently Chicago will be colder today than parts of Antatrica and the North Pole. Crackers.

We get it SO easy here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Enough for me to throw snowballs at the dog on parts of Cissbury still.

d09db011f4d671c8ff6543830c41c168.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Anyone thinking its a bit chilly here...its currently -32 in Minnesota. The current snow covering is nothing out of the ordinary, but the extreme cold from the Polar Vortex has brought things to a standstill there, to the extent that the US Mail ("Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds") will not be delivered today. Almost unheard of. Apparently Chicago will be colder today than parts of Antatrica and the North Pole. Crackers.

We get it SO easy here.

It's been a cold week round these parts too. Currently -18C and not expected to get much above that today. We had almost 30cm on snow on Monday, which is more than usual in Toronto. It was quite a laugh fighting my way through the giant snow piles on Tuesday morning to get to the subway station. It was a "work from home" day for anyone in my office who normally drives in. It all gets cleared up pretty quickly though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's been a cold week round these parts too. Currently -18C and not expected to get much above that today. We had almost 30cm on snow on Monday, which is more than usual in Toronto. It was quite a laugh fighting my way through the giant snow piles on Tuesday morning to get to the subway station. It was a "work from home" day for anyone in my office who normally drives in. It all gets cleared up pretty quickly though.

The weather extremes in some parts of North America never cease to amaze me. The UK simply would not cope, we'd fall apart.

I'd be curious to find out what -32C actually feels like. Actually, if I forget her birthday again this year, I'll probably get some idea.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The weather extremes in some parts of North America never cease to amaze me. The UK simply would not cope, we'd fall apart.

I'd be curious to find out what -32C actually feels like. Actually, if I forget her birthday again this year, I'll probably find out.

:lolol:

You only really feel it when the wind is blowing. If you're facing a windchill of -32C it's a kind of burning sensation on your face. Very unpleasant, and if you're in it too long your eyelashes start to freeze together.

I still go out running though!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It does appear we will get a snow event even on the south coast tomorrow evening. These things seem to become increasingly rare even in my lifetime, and the summers seem to be hotter as well.

Global warming from humans using fossil fuels seems to be increasingly correct despite what the sceptics say.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here