Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good luck everyone! Weather looks better than for my speed pyramid session this morning when I was running away from lightning :eek:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yeah good luck tonight! Always good to see some NSC competition.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I led my work team to a victory in an interactive quiz around the streets of Brighton this morning, I'm ready to make it a double and lead my team to joyous success! I'm a big fan of The Bristol as a pub venue, but happy with whatever the gang decide. :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yeah, probably about 6:40pm for me....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Good fun at The Weakest Link yesterday. This video shows the large number of teams this year.

My Team Mr Banana’s Murray 17 was the best NSC team, after careful selection by me, but We had Ninja’s Jahanbaksh 16 chasing us down 30 secs behind and Big Nuts 15 coming in just behind.

We are eternally grateful for the Super Egos running with the mere mortals....

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Good fun at The Weakest Link yesterday. This video shows the large number of teams this year.

My Team Mr Banana’s Murray 17 was the best NSC team, after careful selection by me, but We had Ninja’s Jahanbaksh 16 chasing us down 30 secs behind and Big Nuts 15 coming in just behind.

We are eternally grateful for the Super Egos running with the mere mortals....

Great event . Thanks for organising. Good to meet up. I'd like to publicly express my vote of confidence in my captain, the inspirational Ninja, not least for his running commentary as we tried and failed to chase you down: "we've got them…..they'll blow up in a minute...……. we're closing on them". And all expressed with undiminished enthusiasm as your lot disappeared into the distance and we all knew it was a case of accepting mid-table respectability. Brilliant evening!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You've got to have a dream, GNT. :thumbsup: Cheers for bringing your gents along, good runners the pair of them. We had a strong team but were just marginalised by the experience of the Gaffer. Brilliant running event, bring on Weakest Link 2020!

D

Deleted member 2719

Sounds fun, no one invited me. :cry::cry:

I hope you all had a good time, do we have any pictures of the NSC elite runners last night doing their thing???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sounds fun, no one invited me. :cry::cry:

I hope you all had a good time, do we have any pictures of the NSC elite runners last night doing their thing???

weakestlinkrunners2.PNG

I won't name the names of those involved in the interests of privacy! But here are some of those who stuck around long enough for a squad photo!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Great event . Thanks for organising. Good to meet up. I'd like to publicly express my vote of confidence in my captain, the inspirational Ninja, not least for his running commentary as we tried and failed to chase you down: "we've got them…..they'll blow up in a minute...……. we're closing on them". And all expressed with undiminished enthusiasm as your lot disappeared into the distance and we all knew it was a case of accepting mid-table respectability. Brilliant evening!

We were given excellent advice by our Worthing Spy, Mr Jacques. He said something along the lines of the old man can’t run down hills, so we hit them hard.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Cheers for organising again [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] , and to my team for bearing with me and running the final leg at my pace, cheers [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION]. It was nice running with much much faster runners, how do you all make it look so easy! I was puffing like a steam train all the way round ( I am blaming that on my cold!). My average speed for leg 1 was @7.49 minute miles and @7.48 for the final leg. When I did this 2 years ago it was @8.36 & @8.44 so pleased with that! Its a much tougher course than I remember, looking forward to trying to up my pace again next year!

D

Deleted member 2719

View attachment 111765

I won't name the names of those involved in the interests of privacy! But here are some of those who stuck around long enough for a squad photo!

I was expecting some action shots, did any of those actually race the guy at the front seems to be the only one suffering.:wink:

Some NSC shirts would look good if its a regular event.

Well done to all those that took part.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I was expecting some action shots, did any of those actually race the guy at the front seems to be the only one suffering.:wink:

Some NSC shirts would look good if its a regular event.

Well done to all those that took part.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

That's age not suffering.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That's age not suffering.

Talking of suffering, did you boys close down the Bristol last night?! How's the head this morning?!

I gave [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] a shout as we passed each other on our bikes at Hove Park this morning, but he ignored me entirely. It was a bit of a slap in the face, to be fair.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yes the ******* admitted this as we drove home. I think he's still walking...…………….(he was also of the opinion that you might have run the fastest leg of your team?)

Not the fastest. [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] averaged 6:36 for both legs. My first was 10:59 at 6:47 average mile pace with a 6:34 mile before the hilly switchbacks up the cliff. Our second leg I forgot to put the watch on for the 4th year running but think about 20-30 secs slower.

Sore above achilles again today unfortunately but glad to get up to speed with only 10 miles running in 5 weeks. Who needs training?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here