Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] An ignorant cyclists

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Apparently 5 people are killed by motorists every day, and plenty more maimed, bit bloody rude isn't it!

Last edited:

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Crazy judgement. All road users should show consideration but that applies to pedestrians not looking where they are walking as well as cyclists

Crazy judgement also as it now gives any enterprising scammer the green light to 'accidentally' step in front of a cyclist and ker-ching.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've learnt something from a ranty anti-cyclist thread. Bloody brilliant. Thanks!

I used to think it was tow the line too......

Well that's a start.
It's a shame you haven't learned patience, respect, overtaking or the sanctity of human life, but 'shoo not shoe' is as good a place as any to start. :lol:

I know you're one of the good guys.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm assuming you'd want some mandatory horse riding lessons for cyclists and drivers too then?

Not a bad idea for horse riders that. Its the kunnts that ride horses along side by side so that they can have a little chit-chat that really boils my piss. I had two of those muppets in front of me about a week ago. Typical jodhpur-clad GOONS in wrap-around sunnies. Some of them are utter vermin.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a bad idea for horse riders that. Its the kunnts that ride horses along side by side so that they can have a little chit-chat that really boils my piss. I had two of those muppets in front of me about a week ago. Typical jodhpur-clad GOONS in wrap-around sunnies. Some of them are utter vermin.

The correct procedure for those whose piss is boiling at the sight of horses in the road is to screech to a halt just behind them, with the engine revving hard, and sounding the horn.

Good luck!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'm glad it's not just me who took exception to being label vermin, by association.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Well clearly not. Cycles are far more common and many of the issues are similar in any case.

It depends where you live. In the countryside they're as regular as each other. The only difference is that the only animal you're trying to deal with in terms of cyclists is the human. Plus, horse riders tend to be much nicer to deal with compared to cyclists.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Generally I find them to be much nicer folk than cyclists. Plus they are riding a live animal making the whole scenario much more dangerous if the cyclist or driver doesn't adapt to them. And drivers generally treat horse riders even worse than they do cyclists. Around where I live I've seen some drivers and, in particular, some cyclists do some utterly ridiculous things around horse riders.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Generally I find them to be much nicer folk than cyclists. Plus they are riding a live animal making the whole scenario much more dangerous if the cyclist or driver doesn't adapt to them. And drivers generally treat horse riders even worse than they do cyclists. Around where I live I've seen some drivers and, in particular, some cyclists do some utterly ridiculous things around horse riders.

That's a shame. I've not seen anything other than full respect for horse riders on my manor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here