Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Uefa Nations League

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe I missed them, but it seems the posts criticising us for playing out from the back only started appearing toward the very end of the game when the commentators were going on about it, trying to drive a narrative. We hear "Hoooooofff!!!' most times a team plays it long. British fans, when not being pushed in that direction by commentators/pundits, don't have issues about playing from the back. They have problems with errors. Stupid decisions by defenders cost us. Not playing out from the back.

A lot of the comments on here are based on what the commentators say during live games. It’s quite worrying at times.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Stop coming on here and talking sense!!!! It’s tradition to throw out the old cliches and laugh at England. We are totally different from years gone by and it’s clear but it won’t stop some moronic comments overreacting...
How are we totally different? England managed to capitulate as per usual. Seems like same old same old to me.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
They may have had more possession but it didn’t lead to much in the way of goal scoring chances.

We weren’t outclassed, we were just poor.

They had 14 shots on target. We had 3.

I'd call that outclassed.

But regardless of that, we've just lost another Semi-Final from a winning position.

A wasted opportunity. And not good enough.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Even if they achieve nothing, it doesn’t mean they are prima donnas. Not like certain players of years gone by. You could say the same about Albion players. I met a few who were a little up their own arses. We shall see. Let’s hope we achieve. I’d argue a semi in a World Cup is already an achievement - we made the nation believe again.
Unfortunately, all I see when I watch an England came is a lot of under achievers that ultimately fail to sides that, on paper, they should beat. Before any games abroad we hear how the English fans need to rip towns apart and embarrass the rest of us!
We need people like you who still believe in England and that is all good but for me and I would imagine a lot of others England games are seldom important and normally very forgettable. If there was no international games I wouldn’t miss them!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How are we totally different? England managed to capitulate as per usual. Seems like same old same old to me.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t say we capitchulated as such. That’s a sensationalist word. We didn’t do that at the WC either. We play some fantastic fast paced football with intricut passing. Some of the okay in the WC was lovely. Here’s the point I’d make to back his up. We beat Panoma 6-1 - and ripped them apart in the first half. England teams of old would have laboured to a 1 or 2 goal unconvincing win. We have exciting young talent coming through, who have won things already at international level. Many players who have won major club trophies now too. Nobody is saying we’re the best team in the world, but a WC semi and Nations League 3rd or 4th (beating Spain away and Croatia at home) makes me think we’ve made progress. Comfortably top 10 on the world now yet weren’t 3, 4, 5 years ago...

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I thought the ref was good. Not like our Premier League prima donnas.

Now that is the truth. Had a good grip on the game in my opinion and let as much go as possible until the end. VAR delays not his fault.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A lot of the comments on here are based on what the commentators say during live games. It’s quite worrying at times.

I thought we were outplayed tonight, and that Stones/Walker had shockers (even before the second Dutch goal, as pointed out by many people’s posts before that moment).

But I did ignore the strangely inaccurate and overly dramatic shite from the normally good Tyler and Neville. We were laughing how they deemed Chilwell’s game over when the Dutch thug sent him crashing to the ground. Clearly a concussion test was going on, which Neville read wrongly with “His eyes are closed, he’s gone”. Later Kane tried to whip his leg around to nick the ball, but slightly caught the man, whereupon Neville said “Kane has lashed out”. Laughable.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Unfortunately, all I see when I watch an England came is a lot of under achievers that ultimately fail to sides that, on paper, they should beat. Before any games abroad we hear how the English fans need to rip towns apart and embarrass the rest of us!
We need people like you who still believe in England and that is all good but for me and I would imagine a lot of others England games are seldom important and normally very forgettable. If there was no international games I wouldn’t miss them!

I wouldn’t believe all you read in the press. England have some morons who act like yobs and idiots after a few beers and lines but not much different from others. The press reporting is often scandalous and the foreign police are often hugely out of order. I’ve seen it first hand and been caught up in it innocently. But ‘failure’ is going to happen for hundreds of countries in the world if not winning a WC means that... one team can win it - I doubt other counties consider themselves failures for not winning it? A semi was an excellent showing, as was our showing in the nations league tourno. That win in Spain was fantastic.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought we were outplayed tonight, and that Stones/Walker had shockers (even before the second Dutch goal, as pointed out by many people’s posts before that moment).

But I did ignore the strangely inaccurate and overly dramatic shite from the normally good Tyler and Neville. We were laughing how they deemed Chilwell’s game over when the Dutch thug sent him crashing to the ground. Clearly a concussion test was going on, which Neville read wrongly with “His eyes are closed, he’s gone”. Later Kane tried to whip his leg around to nick the ball, but slightly caught the man, whereupon Neville said “Kane has lashed out”. Laughable.

Agree re the commentary. Even text that to some mates when Neville was over dramatising a slight knock to the head. I don’t think the comms we’re far wrong re the performance. The mistakes were horrendous tonight. But Tyler was right to correct Neville when he said something along the lines of ‘you get that when you play out from the back’ after Stones error. You don’t if you do it better than that.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Agree, especially about Tyler. I get that he was disappointed as an Englishman that we were losing, but saying that Stones' over-playing at the back sent a bad message to young footballers up and down the country was laughable.

Did agree with much of what Neville said, but a lot as you say was sensationalist.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Tyler was absolutely ridiculous tonight. The criticism of Stones etc was way over the top and he was taking the ‘tournament’ far too seriously for what is really like an international Emirates Cup.

Tyler’s past it anyway these days, needs to retire off to Qatar alongside his old dinosaur colleagues, those uber ***** Keys and Gray.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
So a team of very tired Englishmen lost to a very gifted Dutch team. Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I thought Holland were supposed not to be the team they once were as I thought England were supposed to be better than they have been in recent years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here