Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains for Saints at home.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I see another rail replacement service is running from Three Bridges.

I travel from Caterham via Croydon for home games but can get to East Grinstead via Upper Warlingham. Can you get a bus or coach from East Grinstead to Lewes, I'm sure I was somewhere the replacement service does run that way and not just to Three Bridges?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So annoying all this. I catch the train from Ifield to Three Bridges. Looks like i'm using Mill Road again.

Jul 7, 2003
I see another rail replacement service is running from Three Bridges.

I travel from Caterham via Croydon for home games but can get to East Grinstead via Upper Warlingham. Can you get a bus or coach from East Grinstead to Lewes, I'm sure I was somewhere the replacement service does run that way and not just to Three Bridges?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think that was only for the Lewes line closure last week rather than the usual Brighton mainline closure. You could look at Seagulls Travel from East Grinstead but obviously that would be at additional cost.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I think that was only for the Lewes line closure last week rather than the usual Brighton mainline closure. You could look at Seagulls Travel from East Grinstead but obviously that would be at additional cost.

Thanks, I think I'll just use the Three Bridges replacement. Pain as I have to work alternate Saturday mornings, I'll just have to have one less pre match beer.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Oh shit...really ??

FFS.

I'm afraid so. Semis are weekend of 6/7 April

501200_NR_BrightonML_TY_573x432_NOLOGOS.jpg

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I'm afraid so. Semis are weekend of 6/7 April

View attachment 105635

2 Hour journey via Littlehampton to London if you don't fancy the bus replacement (who would) so I'm already planning what my drinking requirements will be and where I can stash something for the journey home, in the hope we do get past Millllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

el punal

For the Southampton game I’ll be taking my grandson down from Croydon. :eek: I was hoping to catch the train from East Croydon but with all engineering shitfest going on I may take the car option. On looking at the Southern site it states that there is a non-stop bus replacement service between Three Bridges and Brighton. Is this a good option, or would I be better off just driving down?

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
For the Southampton game I’ll be taking my grandson down from Croydon. :eek: I was hoping to catch the train from East Croydon but with all engineering shitfest going on I may take the car option. On looking at the Southern site it states that there is a non-stop bus replacement service between Three Bridges and Brighton. Is this a good option, or would I be better off just driving down?

It's pretty slow but fairly painless. Has taken about 45 minutes the times i've done it. Make sure you get in the right queue at 3bridges as one is the 'express' and one is the stopper service. I guess they've had enough practice at running the bus replacements now!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
We're going to north London on the 6th/7th April regardless of the result against Millwall. Only difference being 3K to Spurs of 30K to Wembely.
It's that 30K with no trains that should be trying.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
On looking at the Southern site it states that there is a non-stop bus replacement service between Three Bridges and Brighton. Is this a good option, or would I be better off just driving down?

Never done it on a matchday but generally the direct coach to Brighton is fairly quick and a good option. Last time I did it seemed the driver was an ex-getaway driver and we did the journey is what felt like half an hour.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The Bus is not too much bother most times, occasionally frustrating as it struggles in traffic for the last mile into Bton Station, but one big plus is on the way home, I can have a skinful and not have to worry about waking up in Bedford by mistake.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The Bus is not too much bother most times, occasionally frustrating as it struggles in traffic for the last mile into Bton Station, but one big plus is on the way home, I can have a skinful and not have to worry about waking up in Bedford by mistake.

Even worse nowadays with Cambridge being the end of the line, although I guess there is more to do there, should it happen again!

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
If they are running a direct non stop bus from Three Bridges to Brighton, it's not too bad a journey. Just give a little more time for your journey.

You might even be able to try the nice biscuits they give out, now and again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here