Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Grimsby 2003 anyone recognise themselves

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I was there - caught on Sky celebrating Bobbys penalty after Gary Hart got chopped down from memory? Always remember at the end, seeing a guy dressed as batman nearly in tears. Proper football.....

6A62ADD3-7F22-4401-A2CC-DED24E298B45.jpeg

D

Deleted member 2719

There was a true togetherness back then throughout the club, not sure that can ever be achieved with plastics and being run by corporate men. Although I wasn't a fan of hairy dick, because of his overexposure, I would swap him in a heart beat with the current bald fanny.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not in the photo's but I was at the game, stood next to a lady who would not stop talking to me, until I let loose a tirade of abuse and threats to kill after Keanes celebration taunt, she did not seem to want to be anywhere near me after that.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
There was a true togetherness back then throughout the club, not sure that can ever be achieved with plastics and being run by corporate men. Although I wasn't a fan of hairy dick, because of his overexposure, I would swap him in a heart beat with the current bald fanny.

There was. It’s still better now though. I wouldn’t want to go back to those days.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I was there. Got a speeding ticket on the way up too. Not the best day

I was there too. I got a speeding tickets on the way home. :lolol:

I remember the pub being packed and the Albion drinking the Co-op next door dry. Good times.

Got some horrible sunburn and heat stroke that day. I don’t think the copious amounts of alcohol helped.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I was there too. I got a speeding tickets on the way home. :lolol:

I remember the pub being packed and the Albion drinking the Co-op next door dry. Good times.

Got some horrible sunburn and heat stroke that day. I don’t think the copious amounts of alcohol helped.

I was there too, with n1 gull and stumpy. and yep, a speeding ticket too on the way up!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I was there remember it as quite a warm day - some enormous bloke in home stand with no shirt on baiting the away fans is all I can remember
This...
Vivid memories of him standing by himself looking like he had eaten all the battered fish in Grimsby!

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
I worked for Butlins back then so 3 of us got a cheap chalet at Skegness & went to watch Lincoln vs Torquay the day before our game. They needed at least a point to get into the play offs - they drew so we found ourselves on the pitch at the end, celebrating with the Imps fans! Little did we know we’d be back on a football pitch 24hrs later for very different reasons!

Arnois2

Apr 15, 2011
Sirindhorn, Bangkok.
Pretty sure we had to apply for tickets by post to go into a ballot and Paul Rogers did the draw up the club shop. Couldn't believe it when me and my brother both got tickets.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
[MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] what a weekend that was eh

And the chant to the fat bloke was "You'll be dead by 45" :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] what a weekend that was eh

And the chant to the fat bloke was "You'll be dead by 45" :lolol:

It’s not everyday you get back to your hotel room and there’s a tramp smoking solid on your rooftop... unforgettable!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here