Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wagner gone... Jan Siewert appointed

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Genuinely surprised at this. Given how poor their squad is, I'm not sure how they think anybody else will do any better. Their striking options are even worse than Cardiff's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Remember last season's transfer window when some people on here panicked, and were convinced that Huddersfield's transfer policy of buying everyone with a pulse was something we MUST emulate in case all the good ones got snapped up before we had even started.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just how many Germans were there in SW Ireland?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What do you mean 'reaped what he sowed'? Extraordinary and unbelievable success. Imagine Rotherham getting promoted to the PL then staying up. Also, he's engaging, enthusiastic....a breath of fresh air. What's he done to upset you? ???

He's not. He's a moaning arse with no class at all. See clip (and everything that followed with Garry Monk for evidence).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I must have been unlucky as I was stationed in Munster for 3 years early 60s and I didnt meet 1 German who wasnt arrogant or had a chip on his shoulder. Perhaps times have changed

They had just lost the war and probably didn't much like the mixture of horror, shame and guilt. You aren't exactly known for being tactful so it's hardly a surprise that you rubbed some up the wrong way.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Typical German with a permanent chip on his shoulder as everything was always everybody else fault usually a poor ref and bad decisions never his tactics or team selection.

I know you're old but...we won the war... and the world cup....let it go.

FFS.

theboybilly

He's not. He's a moaning arse with no class at all. See clip (and everything that followed with Garry Monk for evidence).

A highly-charged local derby with tempers frayed all over the pitch isn't a good example to show Wagner in a bad light. I can't understand the dislike for DW, he always seems reasonably level-headed post match and has done an excellent job at that club. Off the pitch he has galvanised the support and works tirelessly in HTFC's community schemes. A top bloke in my opinion and I cant wait to see him back again - just not at Crystal Palace please

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Selected odds for new manager:

David Moyes 3/1
Big Sam 4/1
Dan Farke 5/1
Alan Curbishley 8/1
Alan Pardew 9/1
Steve Cotterill 16/1

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A highly-charged local derby with tempers frayed all over the pitch isn't a good example to show Wagner in a bad light. I can't understand the dislike for DW, he always seems reasonably level-headed post match and has done an excellent job at that club. Off the pitch he has galvanised the support and works tirelessly in HTFC's community schemes. A top bloke in my opinion and I cant wait to see him back again - just not at Crystal Palace please

This. Well said :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

David Moyes 3/1
Big Sam 4/1
Dan Farke 5/1
Alan Curbishley 8/1
Alan Pardew 9/1
Steve Cotterill 16/1

If I am slowly getting to grips with Crodo comedy, I'm assuming you made all that up. Cotterill certainly clinches it :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

David Moyes 3/1
Paul Trollope 3/1
Big Sam 4/1
Dan Farke 5/1
Alan Curbishley 8/1
Fan Darke 8/1
Slavisa Jokanovic 9/1
Alan Pardew 9/1
Mark Hughes 10/1
Paolo Il Duce di Canio 12/1
Steve Cotterill 16/1
Claude Puel 25/1
Terry Venables 100/1
Mark Bright 125/1

Like Senlac, an interesting field.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
What do you mean 'reaped what he sowed'? Extraordinary and unbelievable success. Imagine Rotherham getting promoted to the PL then staying up. Also, he's engaging, enthusiastic....a breath of fresh air. What's he done to upset you? ???

Agree with you Dr M. I was impressed with the way he got them pressing and - let's be honest - we really struggled against it at times. Huddersfield have always seemed like a proper club to me, atmosphere at the John Smith's/Galparm/whatever-its-called-this-year is almost always pretty good and their fans don't go around with the same sense of entitlement as some of their Yorkshire compatriots - 2 teams in particular spring to mind!!

I wonder whether the pressure has just got to him, in which case I wish him well, and I think if he's available, any EFL clubs looking for a manager would be mugs not to give him a chance.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think that they should head hunt Nigel Adkins.

Lindleyite

Oct 31, 2017
Strange as he'd have been the perfect candidate to take them back up again.

Yet another case of a side having ideas above their relative position in the footballing world.

We don't have ideas above our station, the media lets us know that, Towns fans gutted he's gone and he wasn't pushed.God knows who we'll get now. Don't want any of the usual rabble.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Like Senlac, an interesting field.

Top editing. I love the fact that Mark Bright is more of an outside bet in your view than octogenarian amphibian Tezza Venables. And both of them more 'outside' than 'I'm a not a racists, I'm a facist' cappo di tutti cappi, di Cannio. So what odds for Ron 'Big Ron' doo doo Ron Ron Ronnie racist (calm down, I'm a scouser) Ron Atkinson? My odds calculator says 150, but slightly more risky than the 140 for (the late) Graham Taylor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here