Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What did you call Withdean?

Withdean or the Withdean?

• Total voters

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
“I’m going out the Albion” is what we’ve alway said for the Goldstone, Withdean and Falmer. I also said it for (the) Priestfield but extended it to say ( as per Scott) “ .........I may be gone for some time”

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Brighton Zoo

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Brighton Zoo

image.jpeg

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
"The" Withdean sounds really weird and bugs me. I notice only non-Brighton fans say it.

As already pointed out, you wouldn't say The Falmer would you.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The Goldstone (ground)
The Amex ( stadium)
Falmer
Withdean

The football

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well I'd often put 'the' before Withdean, as I would with the Goldstone and Amex. But that doesn't make it 'The Withdean' does it?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Withdean, though me and my mate jokingly referred to it as "Twickers" for the times we had a middle aged Barbour couple behind us shouting in their best Rugger Bugger voices "Come on boys, Come on Boys" then she would yell "Seeeeeeeeeeeagulls, come on boys, that's the way, into it now, that's the way boys" every third one. Over and over and over. Posh, annoying arses. They lost interest or moved after a while. They were awful.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Withdean, though me and my mate jokingly referred to it as "Twickers" for the times we had a middle aged Barbour couple behind us shouting in their best Rugger Bugger voices "Come on boys, Come on Boys" then she would yell "Seeeeeeeeeeeagulls, come on boys, that's the way, into it now, that's the way boys" every third one. Over and over and over. Posh, annoying arses. They lost interest or moved after a while. They were awful.

I knew the type, a father and son. They went to the ManC League Cup tie at Withdean, as well as some of the promotion run-ins when it was looking positive. Unless it coincided with a Twickers international.

They dropped the Albion whenever winning wasn’t on the cards.

Jimmy Grimble

Jeff Stelling and commentators played a big part in non Albion regulars referring to it as 'The Withdean' as that's what they used to say on GSS or if the Albion we're live on Sky.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here