Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Feminism. Fun facts.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cannot get any YouTube to load on here at the moment. Sorry!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Interesting indeed. Some of the women were incredulous, one thought it was some kind of trap. Also some good reactions where you could see the penny dropping. Shame we don''t get the full picture on the pay gap nonsense from our good old BBC and other media. Probably why less women than ever are happy to be identified as 'feminist'. They've been sold a pup.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Interesting indeed. Some of the women were incredulous, one thought it was some kind of trap. Also some good reactions where you could see the penny dropping. Shame we don''t get the full picture on the pay gap nonsense from our good old BBC and other media. Probably why less women than ever are happy to be identified as 'feminist'. They've been sold a pup.

Did my link show then? Doesn’t appear on my feed. Yes, eye opening isn’t it. If the facts as presented are actually true of course.

Last edited:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
This is moronic. It does nothing to explain WHY women might be in lesser-paid jobs and therefore earning less than men.

Also, read the report on the domestic abuse 'stat'. Men are more likely to injure women in domestic abuse cases, and twice as many women report being victim of domestic abuse than men. And that's just reporting.

I'm all for looking at the stats, and the rates of suicide and homelessness amongst men are cause for concern, but this comes across as the work of sinister incels.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Anyone who has looked at the issue of pay in any detail knows this, even female theorists such as Christine Hoff Sommers have been pointing this out for years but STILL there seems an obsession for some groups to say that men are PAID more for the same work*, they are not, that has been illegal since the 1970s, they do indeed EARN more for a whole host of reasons.

* Caveat that with some media jobs such as leads in films being unfairly paid and why someone like Shearer gets more at the BBC that the wonderful Claire Blading is baffling though again it is not like for like sports and one could argue football attracts a higher audience than other sports.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is moronic. It does nothing to explain WHY women might be in lesser-paid jobs and therefore earning less than men.

Also, read the report on the domestic abuse 'stat'. Men are more likely to injure women in domestic abuse cases, and twice as many women report being victim of domestic abuse than men. And that's just reporting.

I'm all for looking at the stats, and the rates of suicide and homelessness amongst men are cause for concern, but this comes across as the work of sinister incels.

You could well be right.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Did you watch it? Men are more likely to work longer hours and do far more dangerous jobs. You can also add that men are more likely to do overtime, work abroad and apply for promotions.

Agree with your point about domestic violence by the way.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

No it's not. There are plenty of reasons why women earn less than men, or rather, a lot of variables, some of which were mentioned in this vid, but none of which are mentioned when it comes to the media.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Yes, but WHY are men more likely to ask for promotion? I agree the "women earn less for the same work" claim is misleading, but it's important to look at the reasons behind why women earn less over the course of their careers than men, and then look at the reasons behind that.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I struggled to follow the logic of some of the gender pay issues tbh.
I think they are saying that women work in lower paid jobs than men.
Where there is a like for like comparison women earn more.

These types of statistics are rarely "facts", just a skewing of data by one side or the other to prove a point.

I think the subset they used were men and women who have never been married or had kids, women earned 117% of the man's salary. That would be fine if that was juxtaposed against the earnings for men and women who have been married with kids.
i would be interested to see the data, because I have no idea what the truth is.

It does show the power of soundbites and how we just swallow what we're told.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes, but WHY are men more likely to ask for promotion? I agree the "women earn less for the same work" claim is misleading, but it's important to look at the reasons behind why women earn less over the course of their careers than men, and then look at the reasons behind that.

competitivness, sense of acheivement tied to salary are couple of major reasons.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Several reasons but one is that there is still an expectation on males to be the main breadwinner, the provider, the protector etc. This is the blindspot of a lot of fourth wave feminism for me, no one is saying patriarchy is not damaging but it is damaging to men as well as women. Many females quite rightly choose occupations that will give them fulfilment over how much it pays, sadly many males do not, they often chase the pay cheque and put themselves into an early grave.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I can’t see the video linked but I guess it is something that winds up men and get them thinking all women are the same. Same as if it was said all men are wife beaters, rapist and pedo’s you would be right to feel angry.

As a women I believe in equality. In the past both myself and my husband had similar paid jobs, we have separate bank accounts and we split the bills 50/50. Recently my husband got made redundant, he took a job that pays a lot less. So now I pay a much bigger percentage of the bills. I am happy to do this, even though his new job pays less he enjoys it, this makes me happy. We respect each other, if the boot was on the other foot I would expect him to do the same. This is the equality I believe that in.

So you can see there is nothing to be scared of if women start earning more, it takes pressure off men. It means that for women they are with someone because they want to be, not because they have to be, that has got to be better for both sides. I teach my daughter to make sure she can support herself when she older, for those reasons. I do not teach her to hate men but to find some she can respect and who respects her back.

I don’t like the feminist label as it seems to have been hijacked by some nutters. I will not put up with any bullsh!t from Men or Women and I don’t need a label for that.

I think you find that this is what most women feel about equality, though I will not speak for every women as I don’t want people speaking for me, though I do agree with the lady in the Jonathan Pie video.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I don’t like the feminist label as it seems to have been hijacked by some nutters. I will not put up with any bullsh!t from Men or Women and I don’t need a label for that.

That's because everything you have you've earned through your own hard work and drive. Judge Judy pretty much explains why it diminishes your achievements if people try to link it to a movement.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here